#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

A John Vickers event.

kite4.jpg
kite5.jpg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

On Saturday it will be at total free fly ... we are asking participants to be courteous and of course safety conscious. 

Sunday the fields will be roped off , field management will be in effect and all activities and demos will be scheduled . A variety of fun things for kids to do are planned .

Penny Lingenfelter will be involving local children in her kite oriented skits through out the day. Dale Ray will be on hand with his fabulous show kites .

Amy and Connor Doran are going to display their passion and skill with quad line flying. Bazzer Poulter, kite builder and designer will have his creations colouring the sky . Our local kite flyers single, dual, and quad line will fill out the show . 

Parking permits for kite flyers will be reqiured on the Sunday as Clover Point will be blocked off to traffic . Handicapped parking is available close to the demo field .

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Sunday the fields will be roped off , field management will be in effect

Every single field throughout the CRD will be roped off?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Every single field throughout the CRD will be roped off?

Pretty sure this part covered where the fields will be roped off:

"Parking permits for kite flyers will be reqiured on the Sunday as Clover Point will be blocked off to traffic . Handicapped parking is available close to the demo field ."

#5 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

I wonder if this one will be coming?

http://kitelife.com/...s-largest-kite/

i64-guinness_002.jpg

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Pretty sure this part covered where the fields will be roped off:

"Parking permits for kite flyers will be reqiured on the Sunday as Clover Point will be blocked off to traffic . Handicapped parking is available close to the demo field ."

I know, but they could do a far better job of mentioning the location than in the last sentence of the last paragraph, couldn't they?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

^  Ya, but that was not an official release, it was details from someone's Facebook post.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

Festival is cancelled this year, but informally lots of the local kiters will be there all long weekend this year, Sat/Sun/Mon.

#9 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,310 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 10:00 AM

2018:

The Victoria International Kite Festival Society is discontinuing the four-year-old event on the city's waterfront.

Former kite festival executive director John Vickers issued a news release saying the festival board told him they have not found a way to proceed with the weekend-long celebration that includes kite flying, kid's kite making and entertainment.

Vickers created the festival, one of three he developed in Victoria, but moved to Toronto last summer, leaving others to carry on his work. 

https://vancouverisl...years-1.3814783

#10 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 10:23 AM

Are we reporting all 4-year-old news stories now?

#11 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,310 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 10:26 AM

Are we reporting all 4-year-old news stories now?

I was just going through to note that all three festivals John Vickers started are now dead.

Thanks, truckers.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 June 2022 - 10:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users