Superbowl Sunday

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:53 PM

I probably shouldn't have started this conversation. Face recognition at Super Bowl games started in 2001 in Tampa, 14 years ago. The results were dismal, but negative public opinion about the use of the technology was not. Since then the technology has greatly improved and so has the secrecy and absence of publicity.

A friend of mine works security at Burning Man. You can google that all day and all you find is what can happen if you get your picture taken and it ends up on facebook. You do not find on the internet about the technology that takes place behind the curtain. I don't think some the people with outstanding warrants that are coincidentally discovered in attendance at either event have any idea how they were discovered.

I'll submit that the vast majority of folks with outstanding warrants are not paying $300 to $10,000 for Super Bowl tickets. Ones living a comfortable life like that where they can afford those tickets also has jobs and LinkedIn profiles, where they could have been served warrants.

Burning Man attracts lots of hippies. Not corporate ticket buyers like Supebowl.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:55 PM

Outstanding warrants are on stret people, low level drugs dealers, people with no fixed, or rapidly changing addresses.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#23 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

And I get yelled at for going off topic...

• Nparker likes this

#24 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:02 PM

Super Bowl security is on topic isn't it?

#25 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:27 PM

Go ahead and talk about whatever you like.

I'm just here so I don't get fined.

• KAS and thundergun like this

#26 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

Burning Man attracts lots of hippies. Not corporate ticket buyers like Supebowl.

You're actually incorrect, many corporate and high net-worth individuals attend Burning Man. In fact, many CEOs and top ranking employees in the valley go. The more famous ones like Elon Musk, Eric Schmidt, Mark Zuckerberg etc. attend regularly. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#27 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

Ok well, nobody gets caught by facial software there or at Super Biwl from what I can see. And I stil bet the average Burning Man guest has way lower net worth / less warrants than a Superbowl attendee.

#28 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

Ok well, nobody gets caught by facial software there or at Super Biwl from what I can see. And I stil bet the average Burning Man guest has way lower net worth / less warrants than a Superbowl attendee.

I'll take that bet!

#29 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:21 AM

Ok to hell with that topic, (dasmo wants to start making bets) so let's move on to the betting odds. This is going to be a close game "odds" wise. No super bowl has ever had even odds....but this one may be close to that.

http://www.sbnation....ahawks-patriots

#30 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

IMO anything over 60" and you want a projector.

I set one up the other day for someone... $800 for 120" 1080p...

Budget projectors can be pretty good these days.

Major issues using projectors in rooms with too much ambient lighting. There are also other issues, such as noise, and the need to run wires.

#31 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Ok to hell with that topic, (dasmo wants to start making bets) so let's move on to the betting odds. This is going to be a close game "odds" wise. No super bowl has ever had even odds....but this one may be close to that.

http://www.sbnation....ahawks-patriots

What are the odds of a wardrobe malfunction happening?  And whose wardrobe?  :cheers:

#32 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:42 AM

What are the odds of a wardrobe malfunction happening?  And whose wardrobe?  :cheers:

Already seen Katy Perry naked, so probably not her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F57P9C4SAW4

Lenny Kravitz I guess.

#33 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:33 AM

The Seahawks have reportedly made a huge contract extension offer to Lynch. Man I hope they overpay big time to keep Wilson and Lynch around.

#34 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

The Seahawks have reportedly made a huge contract extension offer to Lynch. Man I hope they overpay big time on an aging Lynch and seriously overrated Wilson.

#35 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

The Seahawks have reportedly made a huge contract extension offer to Lynch. Man I hope they overpay big time to keep Wilson and Lynch around.

I think it's widely expected that Wilson will become the highest-paid player in the year when he renegotiates this off-season.

Lynch is quite the machine, for sure.  It's really something to watch when you can hand the ball to the same guy over and over again, and he consistently makes yards.  4.7 ypc this year.

#36 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

Lynch is an excellent player. Weird dude, great player. He's the straw that stirs the Seahawks' drink, offensively. Usually that's the QB, but not in Seattle. They pretty much have to open up their wallet to bring him back, but as a fan of a different NFC team, I smile at the thought of their 30 year old RB having a $10M cap number.

#37 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

The Seahawks have reportedly made a huge contract extension offer to Lynch. Man I hope they overpay big time on an aging Lynch and seriously overrated Wilson.

I think Wilson is overrated too.  But if at the end of today he has two Superbowl rings, I'll be in the minority there I suppose.

#38 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

Lynchbos getting rather old for a long term contract. Hopefully this is a 3 year deal at most.

#39 Coopershawk

Coopershawk
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

Super Bowl or Superbowl? See below.

http://www.overthink...rbowl-spelling/

#40 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

14-14 at halftime. Last 2 minutes was awesome.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users