GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:02 PM

Crap !

#42 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

Whoever called that last play needs to be gone.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#43 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

That's gotta rank as the worst play call in the history of bad play calls - you have a freight train in the backfield, and you pass!  :eek:

Edited by Gary H, 01 February 2015 - 07:29 PM.

#44 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:27 PM

For crap's sake, force them to make the greatest goal line stand in history. If they do it, then they deserve to win. Unbelievable.

#45 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

Well, that certainly was an interesting game. 

Some uncharacteristic errors by Brady had the Seahawks smelling blood. 

Everybody's talking about the interesting play call there at the end (how did they not give the ball to Lynch??), but nobody's talking about the crazy flukey catch Kearse made to get Dang Russ down there in the first place so that he could blow it. Can't wait to see the money they throw at Wilson.  

I'm not a Brady fan, but he deserves to be in the company of Bradshaw and Montana. At 37, that might be his last hoorah. 

Madden 15 predicted the outcome of the game would be 28-24 Patriots. Skynet is beginning to take over...Hawking was right!!!

#46 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,586 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:47 PM

Nice comeback by my Patriots. Amazing call by Pete Carroll - or was it Russell Wilson, who calls the offensive plays for Seattle? - at the end, but its nice to know we won't have to put up with sound bites of the crap talking and misplaced self importance of a Richard Sherman or the surliness of Marshawn Lynch during the off season.

#47 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

Great Game! 

Last play will be questioned forever.  Why not run it.

#48 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:29 AM

Controversy over the half time sharks...

http://www.washingto...uper-bowl-show/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#49 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

Sharkgate?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#50 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

Great Game!

Last play will be questioned forever. Why not run it.

. And if there had been a catch for a TD nobody would have questioned it.

Seahawks blew a 10 point lead that's the sad story.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#51 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:42 AM

Sorry Seahwaks fans, the Pats deserved to win that one.

The goal line interceptions were a wash. The difference was earlier in the game. New England was stopping the run and blanketing receivers. Seattle should have had short crossing patterns underneath attacking the line backers, but can Wilson see over the line? Zero completions to a tight end. Luke Wilson, Russ?

The sheer volume of quality New England receivers stretched the Seattle defenders. The Seattle linebackers are some of the best in pass coverage but no match deep one on one against the likes of Gronkowski (LOL, seriously a LB on Gronk??). The weak side was very weak yesterday. After Lane went down, the exploitation of Simon was even uglier than Lane's arm break. Sherman's arm is far worse than let on, he was missing tackles all day. Sounds like he may be out for a whole year??

Credit the New England offensive line for the protection they gave Brady as he surgically sliced up the Seattle back field.

Caroll defended the play call by saying the Patriots had stacked the box to prevent the run. Why throw the ball into that stacked box, Pete? If you want to burn a play, throw a fade out wide. They should have put the game in the hands of their best player (Lynch) rather than their most overrated (Wilson).

Even then, that was a hell of a play by Butler. I don't know if he actually read the play or gambled, but holy crap what a play.

If the play would have worked, Belichek would have been skewered for not calling a TO earlier or just letting Seattle score quickly to give Brady at least a minute of a two minute drill. Funny how things work out.

• Gary H likes this

#52 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:22 AM

Karma.
Kearse's krazy katch was against Butler.
Butler makes the pick to seal it.
A fine game to watch.

#53 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

It was a pretty nice interception. A fraction of a second quicker Or if the Seahawks receiver had moved towards the ball, it would have been a reception and likely a TD.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#54 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=WERRBZySOq0

#55 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

Kearse crazy catch:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=jkyf3sb9S4o

#56 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

Here's a pretty persuasive argument in favor of Seattle throwing on 2nd down.

http://www.vox.com/2...ay-call-defense

I still think if they were going to pass, they should have thrown a fade route, not right across the middle of that box.

#57 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

Here's a pretty persuasive argument in favor of Seattle throwing on 2nd down.

http://www.vox.com/2...ay-call-defense

I still think if they were going to pass, they should have thrown a fade route, not right across the middle of that box.

I don't know, I think on that throw, 6 times out of 10 its caught, 3 times the defender knocks the intended receiver enought to make him drop it and only 1 time out of 10 does he ever pick.

#58 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

^ ^ that's a good article jonny.

#59 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

I guess OC Bevell is not taking the blame for the pick.

http://www.sbnation....eption-playcall

#60 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

Jeepers that article says Lockette only has 18 pro catches. Odd guy to go to.

He's an undrafted former track sprinting star.

You know, every time I watch the replay I am thinking Lockette got pushed awful easily. Like he was not even thinking he had close company as the ball approached.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users