Photo

Superbowl Sunday

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#101 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

I see a lot of people are disagreeing with my impression. They say Atlanta's offense chickened out in the second half and tried to burn too much clock. What say you?

#102 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:08 AM

Atlanta not simply running the ball while at the New England 22 yard line while within easy Matt Bryant field goal range, which would have made it an 11 point game with about three minutes left, was throwing from the goal line which you hav Marshawn Lynch level of dumb. That 12 yard sack was an absolute killer, the holding penalty was devastating as were the clock stoppages.

Ya, this was nutty.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#103 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

I see a lot of people are disagreeing with my impression. They say Atlanta's offense chickened out in the second half and tried to burn too much clock. What say you?

I don’t really agree. Football is a game of momentum. Atlanta was, in my opinion, lucky to have the lead they had at halftime. There was no way Matt Ryan was going to remain perfect and that they were going to score in bunches the rest of the way.

I don’t think the Pats were that bad in the first half. The pick 6 really was the big difference maker in the first half. Every single NFL team is going to make adjustments at halftime. It was safe to say the second half wasn’t going to be the same sort of blowout the first half was. Once the 3rd quarter rolled along, you could smell some sort of a comeback coming. Still, it all could have been mitigated with an easy 40 yard Matt Bryant field goal.

Atlanta needed to put up points when they were down there at the 22 yard line. The coaches should have done a better job at recognizing the situation. They didn’t need a touchdown there. No heroics were required. Julio Jones and Matt Ryan just got them all the heroics they needed. From there, they needed to:

1. Kick a field goal
  2. Make the Pats use their timeouts
  3. Burn clock

In that order. They failed on all three objectives. Epic failure.

Edited by jonny, 06 February 2017 - 11:25 AM.

• David Bratzer likes this

#104 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:28 AM

Ya, it was an epic failure.  A lot of things all went wrong.

But whatever, I had no favourite, happy to just cheer any way.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#105 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

It wasn't so much as burning the clock than getting the clock cleaned.

#106 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

Lady Gaga world tour 2017 starting in Vancouver at Rogers Arena Aug. 1

http://globalnews.ca...rs-arena-aug-1/

#107 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:58 PM

GM got absolutely roasted by UNIFOR in a Super Bowl ad today

#108 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

Oh no, not roasted!!1!!!!!

Unifor just spent millions achieving what, exactly?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#109 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

Oh no, not roasted!!1!!!!!

Unifor just spent millions achieving what, exactly?

I think it’s great. It’s called the court of public opinion. They are hitting GM where it hurts. I don’t think any red blooded blue collar Canadian union man would buy a GM after seeing that ad. In any case it’s more than Trudeau did
  • jonny likes this

#110 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

Take a listen to UNIFOR president Gerry Dias call Stephen Harper “stupid.” This is what labour relations are about now? Mumbling and bumbling about fairness and morality? Unfortunately for Dias, Trudeau has no interest in enticing corporations to return their production to Canada. He’ll have more luck talking to Trump about that.

FF to 4:00: https://youtu.be/rzI2UHYVX40

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#111 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

I think it’s great. It’s called the court of public opinion. They are hitting GM where it hurts. I don’t think any red blooded blue collar Canadian union man would buy a GM after seeing that ad. In any case it’s more than Trudeau did

Oh no! A few red blooded blue collar Canadian union men won’t buy their cars! Whatever will GM do...

Canadian sales account for 2% of their global auto sales. I don’t think GM cares. The truth is nobody wants to build cars in Canada due to prohibitive costs and this is just another Canadian automobile assembly domino to fall.

Know it all.

#112 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,849 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:46 PM

the only reason any cars are made here is so that employers save healthcare benefits they have to pay us workers.

anyway the super bowl sucks. so did half time.

#113 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

Oh no! A few red blooded blue collar Canadian union men won’t buy their cars! Whatever will GM do...

Canadian sales account for 2% of their global auto sales. I don’t think GM cares. The truth is nobody wants to build cars in Canada due to prohibitive costs and this is just another Canadian automobile assembly domino to fall.

You are blinded by your boomer tier conservatism.
Think about it. This globalist company took our bailout money and now want to make cars in Mexico and sell them to us with their SJW commercials. Have you seen GM Canada ads lately? All about refugees etc.
Our globalist prime minister can’t or won’t do anything about it, so UNIFOR is at least telling Canadians what’s afoot. If Scheer wasn’t so laughably weak he would be making these kind of commercials.
  • jonny likes this

#114 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

I haven’t seen a television commercial in years, to be honest.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#115 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:10 PM

GM is more interested in building in China than Canada or the US

https://www.youtube....bed/Lvl5Gan69Wo

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#116 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

OK RFS, what’s your plan then? Subsidize GM? Cut them a cheque every month to halve their electricity bill to nullify Ontario’s outrageous electricity rates? Force Canadians to buy GM’s plastic-ware?

Jerry Dias refers to himself as Scheer’s worst nightmare, he told Doug Ford to **** himself and he’s championing Trudeau’s media subsidy as a brilliant chess move. A real class act, he is, making friends and influencing people with every foul mouthed press briefing.

Know it all.

#117 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:41 PM

OK RFS, what’s your plan then? Subsidize GM? Cut them a cheque every month to halve their electricity bill to nullify Ontario’s outrageous electricity rates? Force Canadians to buy GM’s plastic-ware?

Jerry Dias refers to himself as Scheer’s worst nightmare, he told Doug Ford to **** himself and he’s championing Trudeau’s media subsidy as a brilliant chess move. A real class act, he is, making friends and influencing people with every foul mouthed press briefing.

I’d play hardball. Leave disastrous trade deals. Put massive, punitive tariffs on Mexican cars. Seize assets of GM for compensation. Mess with their supppy chain. Find an automaker that is still building cars in Canada and give them favourable advantages.

#118 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,849 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:51 PM

slow down there rfs. if mexicans can make stuff cheap we should buy it. we don’t need to prop up assembly industry here. it’s a pretty low skilled trade if mexicans can do it. let’s concentrate on things we have a natural advantage at like resource extraction and higher tech. and just import the cheap stuff like mexican cars.

#119 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Where was Dias when Wynne was orchestrating her disastrous energy policy, or Trudeau first conceived of his punitive carbon taxes?

Oh right, he was busy orchestrating his attacks on the Tories and oblivious to the rug being pulled from under his feet. Now he's airing emotionally charged, second-rate commercials before half-cut audiences watching a mind-numbing American sporting spectacle on over-priced "competitive" Canadian television. I mean the cognitive dissonance at play here is something else.

Know it all.

#120 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,849 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

patriots win.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users