Local road and highway development, conditions

• Please log in to reply
3741 replies to this topic

#2681 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:57 AM

That tow also reminds dozens if not hundreds of drivers that blocking lanes during rush hour is a no-no.
  • nerka likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2682 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

Lots of people just eat tickets as a "cost of doing business".  You can't just ignore being towed.  It's also inexcusable to not notice the very clear tow-away signs.  Once again some people will just ignore a sign if it doesn't have the big TOW AWAY icon or text.

• Coreyburger likes this
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#2683 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

Random households will be receiving CRD transportation surveys in the mail this week and next.

Seems odd that they'll base their findings on only 6,500 households, many of which won't be bothered to complete the survey.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2684 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Random households will be receiving CRD transportation surveys in the mail this week and next. Seems odd that they'll base their findings on only 6,500 households, many of which won't be bothered to complete the survey.

With results about as valid as the Vital Signs survey.  :whyme:

#2685 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

Random households will be receiving CRD transportation surveys in the mail this week and next.

Seems odd that they'll base their findings on only 6,500 households, many of which won't be bothered to complete the survey.

6,000 of these will be sent to residents of Fernwood and Fairfield  :banana:

• Nparker likes this

#2686 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

I got one of those CRD surveys.

#2687 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:48 AM

I don't like the fact that the survey requires you to provide your personal information. No thank you.

Know it all.

#2688 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

I don't like the fact that the survey requires you to provide your personal information. No thank you.

Take some liberties with your personal info. Who's going to know?

#2689 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:19 AM

^Yeah, anytime I'm filling out a survey with potentially embarrassing information I use Mike's name.

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#2690 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

I use "Holden West".  That's maybe why he's not around anymore.

• sebberry likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2691 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

I don't want to become the next Holden West.

I hear the survey squad comes by night.

Know it all.

#2692 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

Uhh no, that is 6500 completed households. Sample size is much larger

Full Disclosure: I work for RA Malatest and am working on this survey

#2693 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:14 PM

Excellent. What's the sample size?

Know it all.

#2694 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

Full Disclosure: I work for RA Malatest and am working on this survey

I bike to work from Saanich to Downtown. I'll ace this test. I'm expecting a gold star or ribbon or whatever you're giving out.

Edited by Rob Randall, 20 October 2017 - 04:25 PM.

• sebberry and Bingo like this

#2695 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:02 AM

Normally my 7AM drive through downtown was synced with green lights, but that’s no more. I guess at 8AM (now 7AM) the city wants drivers to stop. At. Every. Light. Every. 100. Metres.

Crazy.

Know it all.

#2696 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:14 AM

I know it's annoying. I keep hearing it's to slow drivers down but frequently I can't even get to 40 before I have to slow down again never mind speeding.

#2697 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

Just part of the ongoing effort to get people to not come downtown, unless they're already downtown, in which case it's part of the ongoing effort to never let you leave.

• Mike K. and GaryRanson like this

#2698 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

Yeah, it's pretty tough to go fast along downtown streets during the day.

But in the evening when there is no traffic congestion and you can drive fast the lights are synced. I just don't get it.

Know it all.

#2699 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

Normally my 7AM drive through downtown was synced with green lights, but that’s no more. I guess at 8AM (now 7AM) the city wants drivers to stop. At. Every. Light. Every. 100. Metres.

Crazy.

Probably because the timers haven't updated to reflect the end of Daylight Saving Time.  My 7:25AM route has me stopping at different lights now and sailing through ones that were red before.  

Now if I could just stop having to wait for cyclists that aren't on Pandora when I have to turn, that'd be great.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2700 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

Oh yeah, that's exactly what it is.

But it's 2017, and we have two time changes every year. Can we not have this stuff figured out?

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users