Escher on Broughton
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 836-838 Broughton Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 10
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The 10-storey Escher on Broughton condo is comprised of 84-units of one-bedroom, two-bedroom and penthouse con... (view full profile)
Learn more about Escher on Broughton on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] Escher on Broughton | 10-storeys; 29.9m | Condos | Built - completed in 2017

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#421 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

Oh man, what a gorgeous unit!  :construction:

Have you seen the drawings to the massive development that will be proposed along Yates/Quadra......this unit will literally be wrapped by it on both sides; assuming it has legs and gets built one day.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#422 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

Have you seen the drawings to the massive development that will be proposed along Yates/Quadra...

Which reminds me, do we have a thread for that on here yet?

#423 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

You mean Fort/Quadra?

http://www.timescolo...treet-1.2358283

800-block-fort-street.jpg

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#424 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

You mean Fort/Quadra?

http://www.timescolo...treet-1.2358283

Yes

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#425 thaicobb

thaicobb
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLA & Victoria

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

IMG_0776.jpg Moved in Friday the 10th.  Crews from Campbell still on site with finishing touches on the upper floors, but our 5th floor unit is complete with no obvious defects.  The only real headache is the elevators during working hours, jammed with move-ins and construction workers.  

#426 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,508 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

Good stuff, Thaicobb! Fifth or sixth floor? 

You're going to have some fun with those elevators for a little while, that's for sure :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#427 thaicobb

thaicobb
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLA & Victoria

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

Our unit is NW corner of the 5th floor

#428 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

You should be walking up 5 floors anyway!
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#429 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

Congrats thaicobb! How exciting. 

What finally had you choose Escher?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#430 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,508 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

If it's like my building, you can't actually up to your floor for security reasons.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#431 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

The 834 (another Chard) is like that as well. FOB only gives you access to your own floor and the parking levels, with no stairwell FOB access pad.

#432 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

...FOB only gives you access to your own floor and the parking levels...

That's pretty common in most new builds these days, is it not?

• shoeflack likes this

#433 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

So if there is a fire and you run into the stairwell, you can only go down?  What if you've arranged a helicopter to pick you up on the roof, away from the flaming inferno that is the 1st and 2nd floors?

#434 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

Every certain number of floors allow for re-entry. Way less inconvenient to have friends on those floors.

Fortunately the FOB gives you rooftop access as well. That's where I store my parachute!

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#435 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:42 PM

My girlfriend used to live in the same building as me, just the opposite corner and a few floors up.  Would have been strange to always have to take the elevator.

#436 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

My girlfriend used to live in the same building as me, just the opposite corner and a few floors up.  Would have been strange to always have to take the elevator.

Perhaps you could have asked for extra fobs.

#437 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

Imagine.

She's setting the mood, calls on for you to run up. You sprint up the stairs, but no luck! The door is locked for security reasons. No worries you say, you have a FOB, you can just take the elevator to her floor. Hell no! Your FOB doesn't give you access to her floor. So you head down to the lobby, run outside, and call her on the buzzer. She buzzes you up, and tosses her phone aside in preparation for your arrival. You sprint to the elevator, but BAM, someone else is there waiting and they've scanned their FOB in the elevator before you, superseding the buzz up you just got from your lady. Disgruntled, you run outside once again and slam those digits on the buzzer like you've never done before once more, but she's not answering! Her phone is in the corner of the room, tossed aside out of the excitement of your arrival! She doesn't know you're not already on your way! Outside with no way to contact her, you now only have one choice. You head to the opposite corner of the building, and as if you're in some sort of crack-induced rage, start screaming her name at the top of your lungs, hoping she'll hear you through her closed windows! But no, VicPD, on their new beat patrol, notices you and assumes you must be homeless and drugged, throws you into the paddy wagon and takes you to the station. You plead that you're just trying to get laid, which only proves their suspicion even more! Hopeless, you resign to your new life, knowing full well that you can never turn back.

All because your building had enhanced security.

• lanforod and qv like this

#438 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

^ personal experience can be a bummer  :banana:

#439 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,508 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

Haha!

Luckily when someone buzzes you up, their floor will be 'active' in the elevator for anyone who pushes the floor for a period of five minutes.

Know it all.

#440 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

So if there is a fire and you run into the stairwell, you can only go down?  What if you've arranged a helicopter to pick you up on the roof, away from the flaming inferno that is the 1st and 2nd floors?

There is stairwell access from the roof and from level 5 or possibly 6 cant remember which one but they are not locked

Edited by HB, 13 March 2017 - 09:42 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users