Escher on Broughton
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 836-838 Broughton Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 10
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The 10-storey Escher on Broughton condo is comprised of 84-units of one-bedroom, two-bedroom and penthouse con... (view full profile)
Learn more about Escher on Broughton on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] Escher on Broughton | 10-storeys; 29.9m | Condos | Built - completed in 2017

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#441 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

So the FOB can't open the stairwell door to your floor? How is that any different from the elevator?

#442 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:56 AM

There is likely no fob at the door to begin with, only at transitional floors that allow folks to enter for emergency purposes. So some floors are accessible to anyone with a fob but not all.

I would imagine that for a building of Escher's size only one transitional floor is needed, maybe two.

In my building if you walk down you need to get off on the second floor then take the elevator down to the lobby. There's also an opportunity to do that on the 15th floor and there might be another but I haven't seen it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#443 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:16 AM

Ive already said which floors they are.

Note to Bingo if you want to get on the roof the clues are here.

Edited by HB, 14 March 2017 - 05:17 AM.

• Bingo likes this

#444 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:04 AM

Ive already said which floors they are.

Note to Bingo if you want to get on the roof the clues are here.

I don't do heights as well as I used to, so I will what to see what you produce.

#445 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

In my building if you walk down you need to get off on the second floor then take the elevator down to the lobby. There's also an opportunity to do that on the 15th floor and there might be another but I haven't seen it.

There must be a exit to the outdoors though, that requires no fob or key.  That's the emergency exit when there is no elevator.  You know, like when the building is on fire.  

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#446 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:12 AM

There must be a exit to the outdoors though, that requires no fob or key.  That's the emergency exit when there is no elevator.  You know, like when the building is on fire.  

Yes like in all buildings it is on the ground floor

#447 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

Haha!

Luckily when someone buzzes you up, their floor will be 'active' in the elevator for anyone who pushes the floor for a period of five minutes.

I'm sure that's the norm, but I know in my building that if you get buzzed up, that floor only stays active until the first of either of two scenarios happens; A) you push the floor button in the elevator to the buzzed up floor, or B) someone else FOBs their floor in the elevator. It seems that only one floor can be active at a time. I've had to help many folks in my time there who have gotten buzzed in, only to be waiting around wondering why they can't push the floor they got buzzed to.

Yes like in all buildings it is on the ground floor

What VHF is questioning is that Mike is saying that in his building, you can only walk down to the second floor, then need to take the elevator down to the main floor/lobby. So evidently its not on the ground floor in that scenario. Let's play, where's Mike emergency exit!! I'll take second floor for $100.

#448 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

Last time I walked down I could not exit on the ground floor and had to walk back up to the second floor. I'll give it a whirl as soon as I can and will report back.

I would think that in the event there's a fire all of these doors will unlock? I dunno.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#449 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

Are there clear instructions posted on the Walls mike on how to get out via stairwells?

#450 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

No, because Townline doesn't subscribe to the BC building code and does things their own way. The building doesn't have exit signs (who needs 'em) and our in-suite sprinkler systems only blow bubbles, but that's if there's bubble soap stuff in the system otherwise it's just air.

:banana:

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#451 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

I would think that in the event there's a fire all of these doors will unlock? I dunno.

I've often wondered this as well. If there is a power outage, and the elevator is down, do all the stairwell does unlock. Is there a power source controlling those doors? I assume the FOB system is on the emergency generator, so people can get back into the building.

#452 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

Right, and there's a generator test conducted monthly. It operates the elevators and integral parts of the building, if not the entire building.

Know it all.

#453 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

SOLD OUT!

The 10th floor penthouse has officially sold.

• VicHockeyFan and Mixed365 like this

Know it all.

#454 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

A vision/eye place is a commercial tenant.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#455 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

A vision/eye place is a commercial tenant.

File_003 (6).jpeg

• Nparker likes this

#456 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:38 AM

Someone's photography skills have improved.  :rolleyes:

#457 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

Here is a rental in Escher, 3rd floor, 1br, $1600.

https://victoria.cra...6062991730.html

#458 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

Here is an Escher FSBO:

https://www.forsaleb...toria-BC/935995

1br, 6th floor, 631 sq. ft. - $449,999

#459 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:33 PM

anyone is selling in the unit?

I want to buy a rental place within this building.

#460 DavidC

DavidC
  • 111 posts
  • LocationJames Bay / Edmonton

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:12 AM

A quick search reveals two units currently for sale at Escher:

https://www.royallep...3546/mls413493/

and

https://www.royallep...5256/mls414486/

The second one might not be the most desirable as a rental based on capital cost.

First one is lower cost of entry, but then again, at nearly $900 / s.f. it's not cheap.

We almost waited for construction of a unit at Escher, but ultimately opted for one of the last remaining units at Duet in 2015.

Still have not set foot in an Escher unit...

• Mike K. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users