Escher on Broughton
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 836-838 Broughton Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 10
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The 10-storey Escher on Broughton condo is comprised of 84-units of one-bedroom, two-bedroom and penthouse con... (view full profile)
Learn more about Escher on Broughton on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] Escher on Broughton | 10-storeys; 29.9m | Condos | Built - completed in 2017

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#221 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

Closest competition to Legato and Escher will be 989, for sure. 613 Herald is woodframe with very limited parking and solely comprised of 1 bedroom units. Jukebox is starting to look as though it'll be a rental.

Black and White and Emerson are hitting up buyers who are looking for "close to downtown" units, not right downtown. It's a different vibe, and of course the latter two are also woodframe. They'll be competing with 212 Cook more-so than Eacher, I'd say.

But... As noted in the thread title, Escher is technically in Fairfield, so I guess this building could technically be in the "close to downtown" camp too... ;-)

#222 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:34 PM

Black and White and Emerson are hitting up buyers who are looking for "close to downtown" units, not right downtown. It's a different vibe, and of course the latter two are also woodframe. They'll be competing with 212 Cook more-so than Eacher, I'd say.

Mike...Remember the downtown border discussion at City Hall? They showed a photo of the corner where Black and White is going and asked if it felt like Downtown and our hands shot up. You should have seen the look on David Turner's face. I thought he was going to have a stroke.
  • Nparker likes this

#223 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

I don't think I would buy at the Escher until the courthouse makes a significant expansion eastward...

#224 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

I don't think I would buy at the Escher until the courthouse makes a significant expansion eastward...

I wonder if it currently affecting sales.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#225 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,688 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

I can't imagine it's helping sales any...

Come experience all that downtown Victoria has to offer - the sights, the sounds, the sacred fires!
Buy now and get free access to the pallet* of your choice!
Truly become part of a community that cares

(to take advantage bleeding hearts)"

*pallets are not a colour/finishing choice, but actual wooden pallets

• jeffifah likes this

#226 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:35 PM

Keep in mind their office is on Broad St - quite far away. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#227 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

Mike...Remember the downtown border discussion at City Hall? They showed a photo of the corner where Black and White is going and asked if it felt like Downtown and our hands shot up. You should have seen the look on David Turner's face. I thought he was going to have a stroke.

@Captain and @Rob, absolutely, but political borders aside, different parts of downtown have a different vibe. Broughton is much more urban than Black and White evek though it's only a few blocks away. I lean look Chelsea on Burdett, it could he in leafy Oak Bay given its immediate surroundings but it's a stone throw from Escher.

We also have to keep in mind that woodframe and concrete tend to attract different buyers, too.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#228 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

@Captain and @Rob, absolutely, but political borders aside, different parts of downtown have a different vibe. Broughton is much more urban than Black and White evek though it's only a few blocks away. I lean look Chelsea on Burdett, it could he in leafy Oak Bay given its immediate surroundings but it's a stone throw from Escher.

We also have to keep in mind that woodframe and concrete tend to attract different buyers, too.

Mike, if there's any builder in town that can bridge the gap between woodframe and concrete, it would seem to be Abstract.  They're the only builder of wood-framed buildings that can command prices of over $1 million for units- they did it at their Oak Bay/Foul Bay development, and now the Maddison penthouse is listed for about $1.2 million.  I wouldn't be surprised to see suites in Black/White priced in the same range as those in Escher and Legato, which may reinforce my earlier point about Escher facing more "competition" than Encore?

I do agree that the Escher location- despite its presence in Fairfield- does feel more "urban" than the Emerson location. 

Edited by Kapten Kapsell, 23 February 2016 - 12:43 PM.

#229 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:31 AM

Calling the 800-block of Broughton Fairfield is sort of like saying the 800-block of Yates is not in downtown but in a separate district called Harris Green. It's all downtown, whether in one neighbourhood or the other.

In any case, the market is indicating it can absorb a lot of stock so there should be plenty of room for everyone to make their sales. Black and White will be well received, no doubt, as will 212 Cook.
  • Baro likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#230 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:19 PM

last week

victoria-escher-2016.02.16.jpg

#231 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:12 PM

Photos from Feb 26th

Attached Images

• IMG_7966.JPG
  • IMG_7968.JPG

• Nparker likes this

#232 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

Photo from Friday, March 11th

Attached Images

• IMG_8105.JPG

#233 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

March 16th

Escher-March-16-2016a.jpg

Escher-March-16-2016b.jpg

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#234 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:54 PM

April 7, 2016

Attached Images

• image.jpeg

• Nparker and 2F2R like this

#235 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,688 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:58 PM

There will soon be a nice view of the tent slum from here.

• DavidSchell likes this

#236 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

I'm seriously wondering how that is affecting sales.

#237 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,688 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:30 PM

I'm seriously wondering how that is affecting sales.

Me too. Perhaps we should ask Ben "comrade" Isitt?

#238 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

Photo from April 15th

Attached Images

• IMG_8429.JPG

• 2F2R likes this

#239 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

April 26

Escher-April-26-2016.jpg

April 27

Escher-April-27-2016.jpg

• 2F2R likes this

Know it all.

#240 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,688 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

April 26...

It will soon offer it's future residents a lovely view of tent-town. That aught to boost sales.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users