* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#3401 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

A friend who uses a government sanctioned supplier says the service is amazing...

So he has found a way to get his "medicine" that doesn't involve breaking the law and entirely satisfies the ruling of the SCOC. Gee who would have thought.

#3402 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,028 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

This guy has an unbelievably sweet deal!

Matt.

#3403 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

Of course not, but that doesn't fit the victim narrative the "medicinal" marijuana advocates want to portray.

I've never gotten a victim vibe from advocates. The opposite actually. I get a victim vibe from the antipotters ;-p

#3404 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

This guy has an unbelievably sweet deal!

Matt.

Yeah, he had no idea how good it really was.

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3405 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

I've never gotten a victim vibe from advocates...

Your vibeometer needs a tune-up.

#3406 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

Back from my fishing trip south of the United States border, the area I visited was very popular with Victorians arrived with about a hundred and fifty of them, some even retire down to here. Beautiful, tropical, perfect weather/ humidity. Stayed mostly in a hotel to start, offered drugs not less than a hundred times at the least (marijuana, cocaine, etc, etc, etc), one guy at each end of the hotel property(often a police officer stationed in the middle embedded with hotel security) as I passed by the restaurants “it's happy hour why not stop in for a cold drink?” “no thanks” “how about some marijuana?”. As I eat my dinner at a table in the sand while sipping a Corona watching the sunset, offered all kinds of interesting trinkets by the popular vendors walking the beach in addition to being offered by the vary same people marijuana, cocaine, etc. at least 5 to 7 times every time. Now I have had friends visit who did not experience this level of service from the local vendors (06:10) http://dai.ly/x2dzf92?start=370 . What took me back the most however was the pharmacists leaning over the counter to let me know for you no prescription needed(for anything). Taxi driver: “so you having good time you go to the beaches, clubs, do the marijuana, cocaine?” “NO!” “it's okay around here you know the cartel has it all worked out for the tourists”(I understand the cartel under control in this area, are supposedly generally against extortion kidnapping and murder, that being said they seem to fight against this with extortion, kidnapping and murder..). Spent a few days in a popular five star gated american branded resort with a private “secure” beach, was taken back by the approved vendors(first day only, four times) offering me “marijuana, cocaine, etc.?like the lobster it was not included in the all inclusive.

#3407 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

It's nice that in Victoria illegal drugs can be sold right on the street by city sanctioned businesses. So much tidier.

• Daveyboy likes this

#3408 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

Good to have Todd back. We were starting to wonder what was up.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3409 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

todd was gone? 😄
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#3410 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

I've had him on block for 6 months.
  • sdwright.vic likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3411 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

I don't think Trudeau was just multitasking when he used a military base as a backdrop for his last marijuana the law is the law speech, would be interested to hear his interpretation of the law.

#3412 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...4041902?cmp=rss

Liberals to announce marijuana will be legal by July 1, 2018
Provinces will have right to decide how marijuana is distributed and sold, CBC News has learned

The federal government will be in charge of making sure the country's marijuana supply is safe and secure and Ottawa will license producers.

But the provinces will have the right to decide how the marijuana is distributed and sold. Provincial governments will also have the right to set price.

While Ottawa will set a minimum age of 18 to buy marijuana, the provinces will have the option of setting a higher age limit if they wish.

• tedward likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3413 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

"Until we have a framework to control and regulate marijuana, the current laws apply," Trudeau said in Halifax March 1.

But he was in Victoria??? 

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-2017-1.4005734

Pretty close is one of the ends.

Edited by todd, 26 March 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#3414 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

how convinient that this news comes right when trudeau starts slipping in popularity. the marijuana issue has always been nothing more than a political prop for the libs

#3415 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

So Ottawa to license producers.  Ya, I can only see the province taking this out out mom and pop's hands now with their regulations.  I think you'd have too much possibility for illegal supply and not proper tax paid in mom and pops.  I think this will either go to liquor stores, or into the London Drugs kind of places.

#3416 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

... I think this will either go to liquor stores, or into the London Drugs kind of places.

Or both, with medicinal and recreational being treated completely separately with a ton-o-taxes on the latter.

#3417 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

With it being federally illegal in the states still it prevents the real establishment from getting in if they are public. This is making new money. I expect Monday will be a good day for WEED.TO....
  • todd likes this

#3418 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

The federal government will be in charge of making sure the country's marijuana supply is safe and secure and Ottawa will license producers.

But the provinces will have the right to decide how the marijuana is distributed and sold. Provincial governments will also have the right to set price.

While Ottawa will set a minimum age of 18 to buy marijuana, the provinces will have the option of setting a higher age limit if they wish.

So the province will decide how marijuana is sold....not a city business license.  What happens if the CoV is in contravention?  Will Helps and company still play the roll of the cartel and expect to get away with it?  

#3419 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

........ What happens if the CoV is in contravention?...........

I don't think Trudeau was just multitasking when he used a military base as a backdrop for his last marijuana the law is the law speech    ..........

Video: http://www.theglobea...rticle34197772/

Anyone think I'm wrong?

Edited by todd, 26 March 2017 - 11:37 PM.

#3420 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:53 AM

So the province will decide how marijuana is sold....not a city business license.  What happens if the CoV is in contravention?  Will Helps and company still play the roll of the cartel and expect to get away with it?  

By the time pot is legalized Helps won't be Mayor. I think that it is a given that if pot is legalized you will be buying it from a BC liquor store or pharmacy in this province. Don't see how any municipal government can circumvent that. I think it would be nuts for any local pot shop to pay the $12.5K fee as they will be gone long before the City ever got around to enforcing the rules.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users