* * * * * 2 votes

Marijuana businesses / dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
3649 replies to this topic

#3641 Greg

Greg
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

Nature's Botanicals on Johnson has begun the process of applying for re-zoning. They are in a strata and have begun soliciting owners for the required signatures to move forward with the process. Note that they require the authorization of every owner to move forward. I am aware of at least one owner who will not be granting their authorization.

I'm a complete believer in legalization, but until it is legal I would not be a strata member providing a signature knowingly authorizing an illegal activity in a strata lot until I was completely certain I understood exactly how civil forfeiture would potentially play out in this situation if law enforcement attitudes suddenly shifted.

• Nparker and johnk like this

#3642 todd

todd
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

A sign for yet another has gone up at 853 Cormorant, just steps from the Ministry of Health.

I guess these illegal businesses hope that by getting CoV licenses they will be grandfathered regardless of what regulations the province enacts in the future. I think they might be in for a bit of a surprise.

Hate to burst your cloud, that one's been there for a long time it's a “Compassion Club” I think it may date back to Mayor Alan Lowe days as some do.

#3643 Nparker

Nparker
  • 13,666 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

Hate to burst your cloud, that one's been there for a long time it's a “Compassion Club” I think it may date back to Mayor Alan Lowe days as some do.

Yes, but it's now attempting to get legitimized by the city. 

• todd likes this

#3644 todd

todd
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

The article admits that alcohol is still a bigger problem and it doesn't identify the percentage that is attributable to pot rather than some other form of drug.....but interesting just the same....

Positive drug tests were more common than the presence of alcohol among the fatally injured drivers who were tested in 2015, according to the report (PDF)released Wednesday by the Governors Highway Safety Association

http://www.cnn.com/2...port/index.html

#3645 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

First in Victoria?

Matt.

Attached Images

• 18193758_1336611886429988_819528844961702117_n.jpg

#3646 On the Level

On the Level
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:45 PM

Todd...the data was post legalization...which probably meant testing was more prevalent than here.   On top of that, they are still trying to figure out what system to use to test.  We don't know the percentage because alcohol testing has a 40 year head start.

#3647 On the Level

On the Level
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

First in Victoria?

Matt.

If the science against them, like it did tobacco, oh the irony.

#3648 todd

todd
  • 3,913 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:24 AM

If the science against them, like it did tobacco, oh the irony.

Machines.

List of additives in cigarettes
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the list of 599 additives in cigarettes submitted to the United States Department of Health and Human Services in April 1994. It applies, as documented, only to American manufactured cigarettes intended for distribution within the United States by the listed companies. The five major tobacco companies that reported the information were:

One significant issue is that while all these chemical compounds have been approved as additives to food, they were not tested by burning. Burning changes the properties of chemicals. More than 4,000 chemical compounds are created by burning a cigarette, 69 of which are carcinogenic.[1][2] 

................. see more: https://en.wikipedia...s_in_cigarettes

https://en.wikipedia...s_in_cigarettes

Don't kid yourself here, smoking of marijuana is extremely harmful to your health.

Where do you think cigarettes get their harmful "chemicals" from? It's not from some guy sprinkling the baddies onto tobacco as it dries. First and foremost, the plants absorb chemicals from the soil (i.e. fertilizers), which is also true for marijuana (in fact, outdoor marijuana in particular, requires far more fertilizer per plant due to less than ideal growing conditions and the need for expediency. Indoor marijuana is also grown in a heavily laden fertilizer environment).

There are organic products and non-organic products, like fruits and vegetables.

You can get organic tobacco but I don't think there's been many if any studies on the health effects of an organic tobacco smoker, as mentioned before in this forum.

There are other options of intake if it's a concern of yours.

Edited by todd, Yesterday, 09:26 AM.

#3649 todd

todd
  • 3,913 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:37 AM

Todd...the data was post legalization...which probably meant testing was more prevalent than here.   On top of that, they are still trying to figure out what system to use to test.  We don't know the percentage because alcohol testing has a 40 year head start.

On the level...Same with the statistics you posted.

Currently, there are no drug field tests comparable to a preliminary alcohol screening using a breathalyzer. Law enforcement officials are trained to recognize signs of drug impairment and can make the decision to take a driver into custody for further testing. http://www.cnn.com/2...port/index.html

The article doesn't even tell you how much it was up by.

Edited by todd, Yesterday, 09:44 AM.

#3650 todd

todd
  • 3,913 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 AM

^

^Even Cheech and Chong have switched to suppositories (09:07) https://youtu.be/tWeCmlKFyGs?t=9m7s (Filmed in Victoria)

Edited by todd, Yesterday, 11:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users