• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#3861 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

File_004 (74).jpeg File_002 (25).jpeg File_003 (57).jpeg

This was one day last week.  I followed them in.  And ya, that place stinks.  Anyway, there was some discussion going on about some signage.  Not very exciting, I left.

That signage is criminal! The worst I've ever seen... what, did they make it out of green duct tape?! I'll never consume their smoothies, wraps or salads because they could probably care less about those too. I hope charges were laid..

#3862 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

It appears to be open today; the usual suspects are hanging out front and smoking cigarettes - in violation of CRD bylaws prohibiting smoking "within a seven (7) metre area measured on the ground from a point directly below any point of a doorway, window or air intake" I might add. Funny, for a business allegedly operating for people's health, the proprietors seem to have no issue ingesting carcinogens.

Wonder if this is the work of the City of Victoria "Business Hub".

#3863 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

Dan Fumano: Vancouver passes $1 million mark of unpaid tickets in bid to regulate rogue pot shops

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3864 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,735 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

It's time to send in the police and shut them down.

#3865 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:42 PM

It's time to send in the police and shut them down.

Who?

#3866 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,735 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

Who?

Everyone who runs an illegal business.

#3867 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

That signage is criminal! The worst I've ever seen... what, did they make it out of green duct tape?! I'll never consume their smoothies, wraps or salads because they could probably care less about those too. I hope charges were laid..

Paperclipping infraction requires minimum of a temporary ban I believe?

#3868 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

I guess this was inevitable given the complete lack of leadership that the Liberals have shown on this issue. https://www.theglobe...rticle36028625/

This follows and investigation earlier this week by the Globe that revealed that contrary to Liberal beliefs, organized crime has started to take over the legal pot industry by seizing control of growers and distributors. 

#3869 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,735 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:29 PM

You spins the wheel and you takes your chances.

#3870 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

G&M reporting this morning that Jane Philpott is being removed as Health Minister. I wonder is this is in acknowledgment of a failed pot policy and that legalization will be delayed.

#3871 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:48 AM

G&M reporting this morning that Jane Philpott is being removed as Health Minister. I wonder is this is in acknowledgment of a failed pot policy and that legalization will be delayed.

Cabinet shuffle today. Philpott is Minister of Indigenous Services now, a new ministry that's the result of splitting Indigenous and Northern Affairs in two. Apparently the split was a recommendation from a 1996 report (moving at the speed of government, eh?)

The new Health Minister is New Brunswick MP Ginette Petitpas Taylor.

Edited by Jackerbie, 28 August 2017 - 08:49 AM.

#3872 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:02 AM

^ Yep. I guess it can be spun a number of different ways. Anyway you do it though I would think that going from Health Minister for all Canadians to a new water and safety minister role for only FN is a big demotion. Having said that, replacing her with a rookie MP with no health care training or experience is equally strange. Maybe Trudeau feels that she would be a good sacrificial lamb.

Edited by spanky123, 28 August 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#3873 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

^ Yep. I guess it can be spun a number of different ways.

You're thinking of alcohol

#3874 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

Marijuana gold rush?

http://www.canada.co...0796/story.html

#3875 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

We have been told all along that legalization of pot is not going to vastly increase usage, it will simply move pot growing and distribution from the black market to legal venues.

If organized crime was willing to allow this to happen then I would see an opportunity for Lake and others to fill that void.  Since experience in Colorado and Washington and the G&M investigation into the pot industry has revealed that organized crime actually expands during legalization then I don't see a lot of room for legal growers to thrive. 

#3876 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

The legal growers have and/or are building mammoth grow-ops. They have the advantage of legality that means they dont have to hide their facilities or steal their electricity. Staying under cover is an obstacle for the illegals They can be uncovered by infra-red devices, smell and big hydro bills. IMO the legals will push them out for the most part. The big legal outfits have valuations in the hundreds of millions of $$$, too big for a single operator or a biker gang to buy up.

Edited by johnk, 31 August 2017 - 11:39 AM.

• tedward likes this

#3877 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:56 AM

Canadian medical marijuana producer Tilray will invest 30 million Canadian dollars ($24 million) to convert an Ontario pepper farm into one of the nation’s largest MJ production facilities.

The project’s initial phase will give Tilray a fivefold increase in production capacity to over 40,000 kilograms a year by the end of 2018.

The boost in output will allow the company to serve Canada’s rapidly expanding medical marijuana program and, ultimately, the nation’s new recreational market.

https://mjbizdaily.c...bis-facilities/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3878 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

A Saanich grower is applying to expand their grow-up as we speak.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3879 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

The legal growers have and/or are building mammoth grow-ops. They have the advantage of legality that means they dont have to hide their facilities or steal their electricity. Staying under cover is an obstacle for the illegals They can be uncovered by infra-red devices, smell and big hydro bills. IMO the legals will push them out for the most part. The big legal outfits have valuations in the hundreds of millions of $$$, too big for a single operator or a biker gang to buy up.

You should read the G&M article. Many legal growers have already been taken over by organized crime. 

I think that if the Feds keep the tax on pot to a minimum then it will be hard for others to compete. Anything much higher than GST will allow FN and criminals to continue to supply the market as has happened in Colorado and Washington.

#3880 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

... should read the G&M article. ...........

Can you give me the link?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users