* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#3921 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

Apparently not, as it was part of his daily routine. Not just different branches, but different banks.
Matt.

How does he dress?

#3922 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,031 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:59 PM

He's quit now, couldn't stand the owner or his business or HR practices.

I see Kyle Cheyne, owner of Leaf and Terp City is suing the city of Victoria, saying he is being treated unfairly.

https://www.cheknews.ca/367647-367647/

Matt.

#3923 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,733 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

...I see Kyle Cheyne, owner of Leaf and Terp City is suing the city of Victoria, saying he is being treated unfairly... 

Suing for loss of illegal business income? :confused:

#3924 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

...... couldn't stand the owner or his business or HR practices.   .........

How about product quality control?

• Matt R. likes this

#3925 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 945 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:15 PM

Too little too late ,Lisa .
The Prime Minster in charge and responsible for 36.29 million people told her that was still illegal .
Refused to listen .
She is an embarrassment and making more costly mistakes .
  • Nostalgic Victoria likes this

#3926 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

Too little too late ,Lisa .
The Prime Minster in charge and responsible for 36.29 million people told her that was still illegal .
Refused to listen .
She is an embarrassment and making more costly mistakes .

Well he's only ever said the law is the law(with an odd facial expression at the end of the sentence) whatever your interpretation is of the law: http://globalnews.ca...d/888907331930/ ... I think he did threaten Victoria with the force of the Canadian military however. Apparently it never came up when he met with Helps.

Edited by todd, 18 September 2017 - 11:01 AM.

#3927 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,733 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

...I think he did threaten Victoria with the force of the Canadian military however. Apparently it never came up when he met with Helps.

Perhaps she slipped something into his tea.

• Nostalgic Victoria and todd like this

#3928 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

https://www.cheknews...se-down-367941/

Some Victoria dispensaries denied rezoning choose to face fines rather than close down

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3929 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,733 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

Some Victoria dispensaries denied rezoning choose to face fines rather than close down...

Because they know that no one is going to enforce the fines in the same way no one enforced the federal marijuana laws.  :mad:

#3930 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

Meanwhile in Langford...

http://www.vicnews.c..._medium=twitter

"Langford’s only pot shop ordered to close permanently"

Edited by Greg, 21 September 2017 - 05:07 PM.

• Nparker, LJ and Nostalgic Victoria like this

#3931 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:11 PM

To quote Trump....

SAD
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#3932 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,733 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

...Langford’s only pot shop ordered to close permanently

On the plus side, it is a reason for all the pot heads in Langford to shop in Victoria for their...uh... medicine.  <_<

#3933 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

Langford just seems to get things done.....  Should be interesting to see where Victoria is, and where Langford is in 10 years.

#3934 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

The CoV publishes regulations for pot shops, that businesses have followed, spending thousands to do so. Then the CoV arbitrarily changes those regulations, preventing some of those businesses from opening. Isn't the CoV responsible for covering those costs?

This is going to get interesting.

#3935 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

Langford has publicly stated that if someone opens a pot shop on their turf, they'll not only shut it down but force the operators to pay back the legal costs of administering the whole process.

Meanwhile in Victoria pot shop operators have already begun suing the city. Good grief.

• Nparker, Nostalgic Victoria, Love the rock and 2 others like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3936 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

Langford has publicly stated that if someone opens a pot shop on their turf, they'll not only shut it down but force the operators to pay back the legal costs of administering the whole process.

Meanwhile in Victoria pot shop operators have already begun suing the city. Good grief.

As soon as I heard Victoria was changing their policy, I thought of the impending lawsuits.  I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they knew how much this was going to cost taxpayers in payouts when they made the change, but felt they had to to get things under control.

If not, then they need to get someone on staff to advise them of their decisions before they finalize them.

#3937 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

Meanwhile in Langford...

http://www.vicnews.c..._medium=twitter

To which I say, goodbye and good riddance.

#3938 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

John Horgan suggests dispensaries make B.C. well-positioned for marijuana legalization

Premier John Horgan has hinted again that British Columbia's growing number of illegal marijuana dispensaries could have a role to play when recreational use of the drug is made legal next summer.

Mr. Horgan, who in the past has voiced support for bringing existing operators on board, seemed to suggest on Tuesday that B.C.'s robust marijuana industry means the province is already well-positioned to begin legal retail sales by the federal government's July 1 target.

"We have, in some parts of the Lower Mainland, more dispensaries than we do Starbucks," the Premier told reporters in Ottawa as he headed into a meeting of first ministers.

"We are well-advanced in terms of the retail elements of this. The challenges, of course, are on regulation and distribution in a more thoughtful way."

Source: https://www.theglobe...rticle36480006/

Unclear if this is just an example of Horgan talking without really thinking through what he's saying, but sounds like at least current illegal dispensaries may become legitimized as a point of sale, rather than all being shut down like Ontario has proposed.

#3939 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

Minimum age for legal recreational marijuana consumption to be set at 18 in Alberta - legal purchase quantity up to 30 grams

MORE:

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3940 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

John Horgan suggests dispensaries make B.C. well-positioned for marijuana legalization

Source: https://www.theglobe...rticle36480006/

Unclear if this is just an example of Horgan talking without really thinking through what he's saying, but sounds like at least current illegal dispensaries may become legitimized as a point of sale, rather than all being shut down like Ontario has proposed.

Sure they can be legitimized but even if they are forced to purchase everything through liquor distribution (like Alberta is proposing), pay taxes, and screen owners and staff then none of them will survive anyways.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users