* * * * * 2 votes

Marijuana businesses / dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
3952 replies to this topic

#3941 Nparker

Nparker
  • 16,004 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

It's pitiful that so-called businesses that spent the past 2 years breaking the law should get rewarded. Makes me glad that the NDP did not get my vote back in May.

• Nostalgic Victoria likes this

#3942 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

It's pitiful that so-called businesses that spent the past 2 years breaking the law should get rewarded. Makes me glad that the NDP did not get my vote back in May.

Or mine.  Any surprise that left-leaning political parties like the NDP always want what's worst for society and embrace the criminal element?

#3943 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,531 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

Larry Jangula never expected that standing up against an illegal marijuana dispensary would ignite such anger in Courtenay.

"Well I was quite shocked," says Courtenay's Mayor. "I mean I thought man this is way above and beyond anger about a bylaw. This is personal. I mean this is a direct threat to me," said Jangula.

The calls and emails started Wednesday hours after the Leaf Dispensary on Courtenay's 4th Street was raided by RCMP. The marijuana dispensary that opened Sunday without a business license was told council was not willing to grant approval to until federal laws were changed.

https://www.cheknews...threats-374452/

#3944 Nparker

Nparker
  • 16,004 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:12 PM

And I thought pot heads were supposed to be mellow.

• sdwright.vic, Nostalgic Victoria and todd like this

#3945 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

The owner of Leaf compassion is a former, failed, MMA fighter.

Matt.

#3946 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,531 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

The owner of Leaf compassion is a former, failed, MMA fighter.

Matt.

I know him well, he used to work for me.  Our onstage MMA fight never took place, after some significant planning though.

• Matt R. likes this

#3947 Sparky

Sparky

Super Duper Moderator...one spark at a time

• 9,251 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

^^^^ I know Larry, he is a great car guy. I liked his statement on the news tonight that politics should not have any control over law enforcement.

#3948 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,330 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:52 AM

Kyle Cheyne is starting to come off as a mafioso king pin with his flaunting of law most anywhere he goes.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 07 October 2017 - 09:00 AM.

• Nparker and Nostalgic Victoria like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#3949 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,531 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:00 AM

Medical marijuana joint temporarily allowed

Buds and Leaves, a cannabis dispensary located at 732 Tyee Rd., was approved for a three-year temporary use permit. They share a wall with a business owned by Yanik Giroux, who spoke at the public hearing and complained about cannabis smells seeping into his business, where he teaches music lessons to children and adults.

The temporary use permit will expire in three years.

http://www.vicnews.c...-news-in-brief/

#3950 johnk

johnk
  • 1,391 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 AM

http://www.vicnews.c...-news-in-brief/

The youngsters will be well stoned by then. Gotta grow the customer base!
  • VicHockeyFan, Daveyboy and On the Level like this

#3951 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 37,682 posts

Posted Today, 05:45 AM

Meanwhile in Nanaimo a pot dispensary that was affecting an adjacent martial arts facility for kids will move after media attention got a little hot.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3952 Daveyboy

Daveyboy
  • 310 posts

Posted Today, 07:13 AM

IN Victoria, our decision makers don't really like to get involved in such controversial things as children being affected by marijuana dispensaries. 

• Nostalgic Victoria likes this

#3953 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,531 posts

Posted Today, 07:23 AM

A lot on CBC today about how the government will prevent kids from getting their hands on pot next year.

We going to go through this again?  We know if kids want alcohol, they get it, right?  Whether they steal their parents supply or get the older brother to buy it.

So lets not again go through a charade pretending kids will never get pot.  They will get it when and where they want it.

Surely we have learned that by now, no?  That when we tell kids they can't have something, they just know they want it.

Tobacco smoking among youth has only gone down along with smoking by adults, not for any other reason.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hotel Mike