Trailer Parks

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

For some reason, I thought it would be fun to talk about trailer parks.  We have quite a few around town, as most places do I suppose.

How many of our are not on native land?  I just say this as we know why they are popular on native lands, as land ownership is not available there, at least esp. for non-natives.

Florence Lake, Fort Victoria and one near Mill Hill come to mind.  Oh and maybe Sooke Lk. Rd. near Ma Miller's.  Or the former Ma Miller's.  And Spectacle Lake on the Malahat.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

Also http://www.westbay.bc.ca/ and the mobile home parks on Craigflower just past Gorge Vale golf course

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

Also http://www.westbay.bc.ca/ and the mobile home parks on Craigflower just past Gorge Vale golf course

Craigflower are native land.

West Bay you can only stay 6 months.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

I was going to show you a view of a manufactured-home neighbourhood on Tsawout land that was actually quite upscale but on Google Maps the streets are unlabelled and off limits to the Google car.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

I was going to show you a view of a manufactured-home neighbourhood on Tsawout land that was actually quite upscale but on Google Maps the streets are unlabelled and off limits to the Google car.

Ya, Hawthorne Village, quite nice.  Lekwammen Lane or similar name off Admirals is alright too.

#6 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

Mobile home parks or long term RV parks? 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

Mobile home parks or long term RV parks? 

Well, either.  I think you can live in your RV/trailer on wheels forever at Fort Victoria.  Not so at West Bay.

#8 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

In that case I think All-Fun out by the waterslides go-karts is long-term RV living.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

In Metchosin there's Weir's Beach and in View Royal there's the Thetis Lake RV park.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

In Metchosin there's Weir's Beach and in View Royal there's the Thetis Lake RV park.

Ah, very good.  Weir's Beach is 6 months max.  So if you have a running motorhome, you can always just spend 6 months at one place, the next 6 months at another.  Heck, maybe you can even have it towed between sites.

#11 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

A manufactured home is quite different than a mobile home and they can build some very fancy and large manufactured homes.

Mobile homes are no longer manufactured so we will gradually see them disappear.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

Mobile homes are no longer manufactured so we will gradually see them disappear.

Are you sure?  This is a BC company...

http://www.eaglehome.../parkmodels.php

#13 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

Whoops I missed the NOT .... :( 

Craigflower are native land.

West Bay you can only stay 6 months.

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Otter Point Resort in Sooke. It's a six month max as well.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#15 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

Trailer parks are real?  I thought it was made up for a TV show.

#16 Kikadee

Kikadee
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

In Sooke, trailer parks are alive and well:

Lannon Creek -- on Blythwood in Saseenos

Guardian Village -- on Grant Road

Cedar Glen Estates -- on Sooke River Road @ Kirby

Park Village -- on Otter Point Road

Rustic Acres -- off Grant Road/Henlyn Road

Woodside Estates -- on West Coast Road by that elementary school

One on Kaltasin Road near Billings Spit

One on Church Road @ Throup Road

Edit: One on Sooke River Road near the Galloping Goose parking lot

Edited by Kikadee, 19 June 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

Holy smokes, that's a lot of trailer parks!

Know it all.

#18 LocalMom

LocalMom
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

Manufactured homes have come a looong way - reminds me of one of the American Dream Builders television episodes: http://www.nbc.com/a...rn-modulars/105

#19 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Are you sure?  This is a BC company...

http://www.eaglehome.../parkmodels.php

Hmm, the article in the paper said because of building code issues etc. they had stopped manufacturing "mobile" homes.

I notice that these are all "park" models that wouldn't be mobile in the sense you could pick it up and go somewhere else.

These are more of a manufactured home that is transported in one piece unlike the manufactured homes that are built in sections and then put together on site.

At least that is my take on it.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Here is the one by Mill Hill, off Selwyn.   Arbutus Ridge Estates.

And you can get a unit from $59,000, with a pad rent of about $550/mo.

http://beta.realtor....ertyId=14261912

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users