Photo

Casual Drop-in Soccer Wednesdays!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheThingAboutArsenal

TheThingAboutArsenal
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Does casual pickup soccer after work strike anyone's fancy?

The g⚽al is a bit of fun rather than serious competition, so all ages and skill levels are welcome. Don’t worry if you can’t really play – you can just wing it. Forward this to anyone you like (except Luis Suárez), the more the merrier!

We'll be heading to South Park Elementary at Douglas St & Michigan St at 5:30 PM on Wednesdays, starting on 24 July, 2014! We're hoping to make this a weekly thing and have at least ten people in our corner eager to play!

Apologies for the volley of foul puns in this post that are clearly wide of the mark. Shoot, I did it again.

Please throw in a comment if you're keen!

P.S. While not mandatory, you can score a pair of new cleats at Sports Traders for as little as $30.

Join our new fb group for the latest information about changes, cancellations, etc.

What: Casual Soccer Wednesdays
When: 5:30 PM every Wednesday (starting March 18, 2015)
Where: South Park Elementary

#2 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

Don't forget to add it to: Victoria BC Drop-in Soccer

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#3 TheThingAboutArsenal

TheThingAboutArsenal
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for the tip!

I'm not sure why I can't edit my original post but I want to warn those interested that the venue has changed to South Park Elementary School!

#4 TheThingAboutArsenal

TheThingAboutArsenal
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

FYI: We set up a fb group to facilitate communicating changes/cancellations to everyone: https://www.facebook...663983627160528

#5 TheThingAboutArsenal

TheThingAboutArsenal
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

**Update: Please note that we are changing the location to Beacon Hill Park on Southgate St & Heywood Ave, and the day to Wednesdays!**  I wish I could edit the previous posts but alas I cannot.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

I've made the change for you :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 TheThingAboutArsenal

TheThingAboutArsenal
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:24 PM

Hey, thanks for that!  Unfortunately, we're changing the venue back again!

** UPDATE: We are changing the venue back to South Park Elementary at Douglas St & Michigan St.  It will still be at 5:30 PM on Wednesdays. **

Mike, could you please update the original topic?  Also, I don't suppose you could change the topic to read "Wednesdays" rather than "Thursdays"?

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yup no problem.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9 ecave

ecave
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

Is this happening again for 2015?

• Mike K. likes this

#10 TheThingAboutArsenal

TheThingAboutArsenal
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

Yes, indeed - in fact, we are just starting again next week (March 18)!

Note that the location is at South Park Elementary, as opposed to the location in bold at the end of the first post in this thread (Mike - perhaps you could change that since we can't edit posts?).

Join our new fb group for the latest information about changes, cancellations, etc.  (Mike - perhaps you could add that too?)

What: Casual Soccer Wednesdays

When: 5:30 PM every Wednesday (starting March 18, 2015)

Where: South Park Elementary

• Mike K. and lanforod like this

#11 TheThingAboutArsenal

TheThingAboutArsenal
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:20 PM

Since we've discovered this day works better for more people, we have decided to change Casual Soccer to 5:30 PM on Thursdays at South Park Elementary School (corner of Douglas St & Michigan St): https://maps.google....&output=classic

All ages and (lack of) skill levels welcome! Join our facebook group for the latest information/changes/cancellations: https://www.facebook...10713345774632/

(Mike: Could you please update all instances, including the title of this thread from "Wednesdays" to "Thursdays"?  Thanks!)

#12 TheThingAboutArsenal

TheThingAboutArsenal
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

Just a little reminder: since we've been scoring such magnificent weather in our little corner, why not join our friendly group for a casual game of soccer? Don't worry about your skill level, for the goal is simply to have a bit of fun!

What: Casual Soccer

When: 5:30 PM every Thursday

Where: South Park Elementary School (corner of Douglas St & Michigan St)

Join our facebook group for information about estimated turnouts/changes/cancellations/etc.

Edited by TheThingAboutArsenal, 17 May 2015 - 06:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users