Photo

Toronto Blue Jays, Seattle Mariners and MLB discussion

• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#41 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:15 AM

That's a lot of sitting on a bus. Tulalip is at least 45 minutes from the stadium.

#42 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:21 AM

That's a lot of sitting on a bus. Tulalip is at least 45 minutes from the stadium.

Ya that's about right. But the hotel is pretty deluxe. And the ladies love the outlet mall.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#43 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:52 AM

Here is the team press release:

http://harbourcats.c...?article_id=416

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#44 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

ICYMI:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMH-MUsUVSI

#45 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:46 AM

ICYMI:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMH-MUsUVSI

A very heated game.  Number of ejections.

All from the bat flip last season.

#46 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

That video missed the crucial punch that set off the brawl (sorry don't know how to embed youtube)  Thundergun, generally you just have to remove the "s" at the end of the http - VHF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxaD4S1HjcU

#47 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

The Blue Jays have picked an odd time of the year to go cold.  Hope they can shake this off.

#48 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:05 PM

Big win today. Next couple weeks to decide the season. Step up time!!

#49 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:51 PM

A little bit worried about them now, they've been pretty cold lately, particularly demonstrated by yesterday's abysmal showing. A win today was good to see, another tomorrow would be good, but a loss isn't fatal. In any case they need to get out of the funk they've been in.

Going to the Seattle series with my folks. Hoping the Jays are still alive so those games can be meaningful.

#50 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:48 AM

A little bit worried about them now, they've been pretty cold lately, particularly demonstrated by yesterday's abysmal showing. A win today was good to see, another tomorrow would be good, but a loss isn't fatal. In any case they need to get out of the funk they've been in.

Going to the Seattle series with my folks. Hoping the Jays are still alive so those games can be meaningful.

Oh, those are meaningful regardless.  We still look pretty good for a wildcard, if your heart candle handle that one-game play-in.

There are hundreds of people going from here, to that series.  It's going to be something else to see that crowd, especially when you throw in another few thousand from the mainland and even Alberta.

#51 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:24 AM

The Victoria Clipper has added a couple sailings.  And I think three Wilson's buses are heading down with HarbourCats fans and team officials.

#52 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:05 PM

Oh, those are meaningful regardless.  We still look pretty good for a wildcard, if your heart candle handle that one-game play-in.

There are hundreds of people going from here, to that series.  It's going to be something else to see that crowd, especially when you throw in another few thousand from the mainland and even Alberta.

Hah. I recall seeing a comment somewhere that the AL East is the only division capable of causing mass heart attacks or strokes. I almost had one of each today just from watching the game.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Blue Jays fans outnumber the Mariners fans, especially behind the visiting team dugout.

#53 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

Those people from the lower mainland will be cheering for the Mariners as they do all year, as would I.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#54 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:46 AM

Hah. I recall seeing a comment somewhere that the AL East is the only division capable of causing mass heart attacks or strokes. I almost had one of each today just from watching the game.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Blue Jays fans outnumber the Mariners fans, especially behind the visiting team dugout.

Yes, if these games were on a weekend, it would be nuts.  But I suspect it'll still be quite a show.

#55 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:03 PM

Yes, if these games were on a weekend, it would be nuts.  But I suspect it'll still be quite a show.

I'm a little peeved at MLB for scheduling the Jays' Seattle series on weekdays the last couple seasons, but for that I would have gone much sooner. I decided earlier this year that it would be vacation days well spent, so there I will be.

Edited by grantpalin, 12 September 2016 - 09:03 PM.

#56 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

Still all pretty precarious all over here.  Seattle on a bit of a roll too.  Toronto has the worst last-10-games record of the top 9 shown here.

screenshot-mlb.mlb.com 2016-09-13 11-09-24.png

#57 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:10 AM

I'm a little peeved at MLB for scheduling the Jays' Seattle series on weekdays the last couple seasons, but for that I would have gone much sooner. I decided earlier this year that it would be vacation days well spent, so there I will be.

Your wish is granted for next year:

screenshot-toronto.bluejays.mlb.com 2016-09-14 12-11-29.png

#58 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:20 AM

They’re done with Donaldson and Marco injured, an awful bullpen, and absolutely no situational awareness whatsoever when it comes to batting.

Thankfully it’s football season and I have another team to be continually frustrated with.

• VicHockeyFan and thundergun like this

#59 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:35 PM

Your wish is granted for next year:

attachicon.gifscreenshot-toronto.bluejays.mlb.com 2016-09-14 12-11-29.png

I did see that, and that got some wheels turning upstairs for planning a potential next summer trip.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#60 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:30 PM

You know, I used to take to heart your sports prognostications but since you acquired a playoff beard and a no name no team brand cap, you've lost a ton of credibility.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)