Latest VV Article

Pre-sale condo buying tips to save you money, time and disappointment

One of the things so many buyers enjoy most about pre-sale condo purchases is the anticipation. Unlike buying a completed home, a pre-sale purchase oftentimes affords a buyer more choice, additional time to save money for a down payment, and the thrill of watching a new home rise from the ground.

However, what is presented on paper or through computer generated visuals may not always be what the finished product will look like. And in some cases completed units may present surprises that some buyers will wish they had known about prior to settling on a specific unit. [Read more]

Photo

McDonald's restaurants in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#1 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

Do you guys know that there are 21 McDonalds in town. I am 36 when I was out of High School this City had only 6.

The ones I remember were

Cedar Hill X Rd.
Hillside across from the Mall
Saanich Rd. and Oak St.
Pandora St.
Downtown Douglas St.
& Colwood.

Sad thing is there is only one Burger King which is too bad, cause I think Burger King's burgers are much better than MACers!

#2 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,056 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

When's the last time you had your [url=http://www.cspinet.com/new/archd.html:fd94e]cholesterol checked[/url:fd94e]?

:wink:

The one in "downtown" Richmond, BC was the first McD's outside the U.S.A.

Victoria's first might have been the Pandora one. I remember it years ago before it was renovated into the giant kid factory it is now.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan

Super Moderator

• 22,022 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

There are 450 McDonalds in Chicago, no kidding.
TALK about Downtown Victoria on FaceBook: I ❤ Downtown Victoria or TALK about Sidney on FaceBook: I ❤ Sidney

#4 aastra

aastra
  • 9,604 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:50 PM

Pretty sure the Shelbourne McDonald's was Victoria's first. It was the old style, like the old style Pandora one, or the old style Town & Country one.

I am 36, when I was out of High School this City had only 6.

And then along came the mini-McDonald's.

#5 aastra

aastra
  • 9,604 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:52 PM

McDonald's has an apostrophe. Starbucks does not.

#6 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,056 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:54 PM

Ahh, that would be Saanich's first! ;)

Actually, I bet you're right, Shelbourne was probably the first in the region.

I remember an old commercial that reminded people they didn't have to leave a tip on the table. "There's no tipping at McDonalds!" [busser hands coins back to old couple].
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#7 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 10,545 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

Not a big fan of McDonald's. In fact I have been holding out on eating there for numerous years.
Density Fanboy

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan

Super Moderator

• 22,022 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

I'm waiting until they bring out a pizza before I go there.
TALK about Downtown Victoria on FaceBook: I ❤ Downtown Victoria or TALK about Sidney on FaceBook: I ❤ Sidney

#9 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 10,545 posts

Dude! You missed it :shock:
Density Fanboy

#10 aastra

aastra
  • 9,604 posts

Or ribs.

Or espresso.

Or veggie burgers.

So many things they could try...

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 20,201 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

They sell a fish burger so you'd think a veggie burger would be on the menu, too.

Skyscraper Source Media Inc.

July 15, 2014: [Mayor] Fortin told C-FAX's Bruce Williams that he expects the [Johnson Street Bridge] project to be completed "on time and on budget."

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan

Super Moderator

• 22,022 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:32 PM

^ why, what makes a fish anything like a vegetable?

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 20,201 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:33 PM

I figure they send out some guy to fish out the fish, so they could just as easily send out a guy to raid some community gardens.

July 15, 2014: [Mayor] Fortin told C-FAX's Bruce Williams that he expects the [Johnson Street Bridge] project to be completed "on time and on budget."

#14 aastra

aastra
  • 9,604 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

I was making a joke about their failed attempts to diversify. McDonald's has tried everything.

I was going to mention subs but I think they still have those, don't they?

#15 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 20,201 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

Yup.

But no chicken legs...yet.

#16 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:43 PM

Ah, but has anyone else here had a McLobster?
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#17 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:03 PM

A few years ago they had the Jr. Mc Rib, man those were good. I still want a Burger King Downtown.

Holden...."I gotta stop eating fast food...fast... :? not good!!!"

I gotta go cold turkey like G-Man.

#18 Jarrod

Jarrod
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:27 AM

I can't help it. I'm weak....soooooooo weak....

I went to McDonald's today in Oak Bay. I swear, I'm addicted to it and you can tell. Actually, I only eat there when I'm depressed.

Anyway, all fast food is disgusting. But I still eat there... I think it's cuz I'm short on cash.

#19 Carewser

Carewser
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:14 PM

^Bullshit! Wendy's and Booger King are GOOD! McDick's....not so much.

You gotta love a huge corporation that sets up inside another huge corporation (the McDonald's inside Wal-Mart).

Hath some of us forgotten "McPizza"?

#20 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,056 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

You gotta love a huge corporation that sets up inside another huge corporation (the McDonald's inside Wal-Mart).

That McDonalds should serve Starbuck's coffee.

Yeah, McPizza. Frozen pizza deliciousness with restaurant prices. Gee, I WONDER why that failed.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users