Photo

McDonald's restaurants in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
707 replies to this topic

#241 slinkyo

slinkyo
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

So this is what our idle generation Y has come to? So much for the passion and energy of youth. I suppose it's better than causing a revolution, being the voice of social justice, or breaking free of the social constraints of the previous generation. :rolleyes:

#242 goke

goke
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Everbody wants to be on youtube. I'm sure this event will be filmed from every angle and promptly uploaded.
I think the upstairs area at the Shelbourne McD's would be a far more civilized spot!

#243 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

I think the upstairs area at the Shelbourne McD's would be a far more civilized spot!

Perhaps the point of this event IS to civilize the least civilized of the local Micky-D's. It's my closest location and I almost want to rent a tux and attend.

#244 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

This afternoon Dylan and I were passing by the McDonald's on West Saanich Road (Royal Oak Shopping Center) and noticed paramedics performing CPR on a man who appeared to have suffered a heart attack in the restaurant's parking lot.

From what we could deduce he had driven his vehicle into a parked car (it appeared like he had been pulling away from the drive-thru window) and judging by his proximity on the ground next to his vehicle, had attempted to exit his vehicle and fell to the ground.

It was a somber seen, to say the least. Lots of onlookers were present which would be expected at such a busy shopping centre at around 3 in the afternoon.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#245 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

I visited my local McDonald's this afternoon for lunch. The one at Pandora Green (motto: "why clean the public areas when they'll just get messy again in 8 hours?").

I was quite intrigued that one of the order-takers asked each customer as they placed their order "would you like to make a one dollar donation to our charity?". Surprisingly, about 25% did, even though there was no indication what the charity was. I guess people could assume it's Ronald McDonald Children's House, and it may have been, I never found out.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#246 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

This afternoon Dylan and I were passing by the McDonald's on West Saanich Road (Royal Oak Shopping Center) and noticed paramedics performing CPR on a man who appeared to have suffered a heart attack in the restaurant's parking lot.

I knew this fellow, a former work colleague. What a way to go, perhaps a warning for some of us...

#247 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

...so he passed away after all, hey? I'm sorry to hear that :(

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#248 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

It's always sad for friends and family, but I think I'd rather go quickly like that than spend two years in and out of the hospital with something really nasty :(

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#249 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

I checked out the new downtown renovations today, the upstairs is not open yet.

Ya, it's not bad.

They have the same chairs as Bin 4, in one of the few table areas. :)

Now they have lots more individual stool seating.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#250 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Downtown MC D's now ghetto chic?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#251 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

A Victoria, B.C., McDonald's franchisee has been blacklisted from using the temporary foreign worker program after a Go Public investigation sparked an immediate inquiry by Ottawa.

The issue: are foreign workers being favoured over qualified Canadians? Read the story: http://cbc.ca/1.2598684

#252 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

The discussion on temporary foreign workers in Victoria has been moved here. Please continue the discussion on TFW's in the new thread. Thank you :)

Know it all.

#253 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Hard core scrutiny happened today at the Pandora location today.

#254 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

Can you elaborate on that?

Know it all.

#255 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

There where a lot of head offfice types there and constant news vans.

#256 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:44 PM

The Esquimalt location is being renovated. It has been stripped to the studs and the large arches that made up the roof are gone.

#257 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

DSC02032.JPG DSC02033.JPG DSC02034.JPG Drive through Still Open  :confused:

#258 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:55 AM

McDonalds on Pandora will be getting a new rebuilt store with construction beginning in the Spring of 2016

The store will be located closer to the Vancouver St property Line and will have dual drive thru lanes.

The Pandora McDonalds is the only McDonalds in Canada that still has face to face ordering in the drivethru all others have the intercom system.

Edited by HB, 29 October 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#259 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:04 AM

McDonalds on Pandora will be getting a new rebuilt store with construction beginning in the Spring of 2016...

Interesting. This will be the 3rd iteration of McDonalds on that site. The original "old style" building burnt down some time in the late 80s or early 90s and was replaced with this "new concept style" at least 20 years ago. This corner will be quite the hub of construction next Spring assuming the St. Andrew's project across the street is under way at that time.

#260 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:09 AM

Does that mean there will be no McD's there for a period of time, or are they going to squeeze the new one into the existing parking lot (or have a temporary trailer lashing out fries)?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users