McDonald's restaurants in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
707 replies to this topic

#441 Jables

Jables
  • 130 posts
  • LocationHappy Valley

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:10 AM

I find that McDonald's, in particular, to always be a complete mess operationally.

That's a bit obtuse. Corporate has well-designed systems in place for all aspects of a restaurant's operation - if they're not being executed properly, then that's down to the management.

Of course, owners can tweak these as they see fit, but they are subject to operational reviews multiple times a year.

Edited by Jables, 25 August 2016 - 10:23 AM.

#442 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

3 people go to mcdonalds = about 2 cubic feet of garbage. It's amazing.

#443 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

Anytime I go to the BK on OIH I find it woefully undermanned. The most employees I have ever seen is 3. Last time was 2, and they were no wizards believe me.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#444 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:15 AM

Some renovations are coming to the Douglas store.

They will be adding a half-dozen self-order kiosks.  And they will be moving one kitchen wall, and that will allow them to have one of the soda fountains behind the service counter.  The problem now, at late-night mostly, is the fountain section is a free-for-all zoo.  So now at night they will be able to out-of-service the self-serve one, and more tightly control drinks and/or not offer refills at late-night. 

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#445 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:31 AM

Is the Pandora reno dead?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#446 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:35 AM

I think that one needs to close.

#447 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:39 AM

Back to drawing board, at least.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#448 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

Not back to the drawing board same owner as the Douglas one..just delayed now he also owns Hillside location

#449 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

Not back to the drawing board same owner as the Douglas one..just delayed now he also owns Hillside location

It got rejected by the City.  So any new plan, delayed or not, will need a new trip to the drawing board.

#450 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:47 AM

They were planning on starting in May .

So from your intel was the design rejected or was the location on the property rejected

#451 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:58 AM

They were planning on starting in May .

So from your intel was the design rejected or was the location on the property rejected

Whatever they sent to the City was rejected by a unanimous decision by council.  So you can not re-submit that plan for at least one year.   Of course you'd be foolish to do that as the same council will soundly defeat it again.  So what you do instead, is go back to your drawing board and try another plan, delay beyond the next election, or abandon the plans altogether.

#452 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:23 AM

Whatever they sent to the City was rejected by a unanimous decision by council.  So you can not re-submit that plan for at least one year.   Of course you'd be foolish to do that as the same council will soundly defeat it again.  So what you do instead, is go back to your drawing board and try another plan, delay beyond the next election, or abandon the plans altogether.

I was quite happy to see them reject it unanimously. The plan was terrible and expanding motor vehicle access to a site is a terrible idea and a worse one at the intersection of two of the busiest bikeways in the region.

That being said, if the new plan can fit within the existing zoning, it can be built.

• Mr Cook Street likes this

#453 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:04 AM

The robots have arrived.

File_001 (53).jpeg

Attached Images

• File_000 (82).jpeg

• todd likes this

#454 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,686 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:25 AM

Where's Will Smith when you need him?
  • Love the rock likes this

#455 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

The Langford and Saanich Rd Location have had these for a while now.

Its fun to play on it making a custom burger that ends up being about 12" high and valued at $75

• VicHockeyFan and 57WestHills like this

#456 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:29 AM

The Langford and Saanich Rd Location have had these for a while now.

Its fun to play on it making a custom burger that ends up being about 12" high and valued at $75

The location on Oak near Uptown has had them for two months it's quicker to stand in line.

When I was there, one person in ten used the machine, and it took them over a minute to fiddle around with the options knob.

#457 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:32 AM

The location on Oak near Uptown has had them for two months it's quicker to stand in line.

When I was there, one person in ten used the machine, and it took them over a minute to fiddle around with the options knob.

Just a matter of a bit of time.  Bank machines came out in the 80's, some still do not use them, but most do.  McDonalds might have been better to make an ordering app, and then people can play around at home or the office.  Then get to the store and tap the console to activate the order.

#458 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

I use the one at the A&W in Pearson airport, and it's way faster. No standing in line, waiting to order, and I find it easier to customize my order (always an issue with two picky children in tow). The order is always filled really quickly, too.

#459 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:05 AM

The robots have arrived.

And with ever more government mandated increases in min wage you will see more and more automation. There will be a tipping point where pretty well every fast food joint will be like this

Edited by rjag, 01 October 2016 - 08:07 AM.

#460 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:23 AM

And with ever more government mandated increases in min wage you will see more and more automation. There will be a tipping point where pretty well every fast food joint will be like this

And then there will be a lineup at the robots, and then I will be making my own Breakfast Bingo Bangers at home. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users