Photo

2019 Canadian Federal Election - general discussion

• Please log in to reply
5846 replies to this topic

#2621 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Use of a company owned vacation home is certainly a taxable benifit, no?

not for the Trudeau government, just look at Trudeau's use of a Caribbean private island and helicopter owned by a businessman that does business with the federal government

I can see Trudeau going "spend spend spend" loudly as he covers his ears with his hands to block out the criticisms

#2622 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:14 PM

And it’s amazing how Morneau remembered he had a French villa. I mean it’s easy to forget that sort of thing, so I can see how that’d happen to a finance minister.

In the interests of accuracy (not trying to pick on you, Mike!)  he had disclosed the villa earlier - perhaps when he first filled out c-of-i forms? - it's just the wrinkle of the manner of it's ownership is coming to light now..

I see two things going on here - one justifiable, the other, not so much..firstly, there's the perception that Mr.Morneau is availing himself of tax breaks that aren't really available to the rest of us - a fair criticism; the second bit is that he is an independently wealthy man, so I think that there's a bit of envy at work over the spoils of that wealth..

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#2623 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

I can see Trudeau going "spend spend spend" loudly as he covers his ears with his hands to block out the criticisms

Yeah, everyone thought it was "sunny ways" turns out it was "spendy ways." Which I guess makes it sunny for some supporters who avail themselves of the largess.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#2624 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

More violent criminals entering Canada from Mexico after Liberal decision to lift visa requirements

https://globalnews.c...more-criminals/

#2625 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

RFS, on 14 Oct 2017 - 7:54 PM, said:

More violent criminals entering Canada from Mexico after Liberal decision to lift visa requirements

https://globalnews.c...more-criminals/

Easily fixed when one puts one their rose tinted glasses (then all is roses) and pose for more selfies with the latest/coolest selection of socks.

#2626 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

...the second bit is that he is an independently wealthy man, so I think that there's a bit of envy at work over the spoils of that wealth..

He’s independently wealthy, or does he have a large trust fund or whatever it is him and Trudeau draw their money from?

But that aside, there’s no envy. There’s just a lot of disappointment that the minister has labelled small business owners as connivers and abusers of the tax system while he himself is held to a different standard. The optics of this are terrible.
  • Wayne, Love the rock and Awaiting Juno like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2627 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

cbc has become the proverbial state-run media. not that it just happened, but if there's any saving grace they're so obvious & ham-fisted hopefully nobody buys into how they cover political stuff. cnn is a lot more slick & professional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP1qStoOxWc

Edited by amor de cosmos, 23 October 2017 - 01:59 PM.

#2628 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:58 PM

cbc has become the proverbial state-run media

https://www.youtube....h?v=NP1qStoOxWc

Why not, the Feds are paying to keep them afloat and awarded them almost $700M in funding last year.

#2629 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

but that's always been true, I've noticed a big change since it looked like trump's campaign looked like it was going somewhere. it's like obama or clinton are still trying to be president, but this time in canada.

Edited by amor de cosmos, 23 October 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#2630 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

Jagmeet Singh and a large entourage were at Distrikt tonight watching UFC 217...

#2631 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:58 AM

Oh ya, they were all over the Sticky Wicket, with the convention next door.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2632 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:54 AM

We definitely did a triple take when he walked by!

#2633 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

http://www.msn.com/e...Xo?ocid=DELLDHP

The current Federal Governments' Ministers (yes all of them) have continued to make rookie mistakes.

Environment Minister Catherine McKenna (her Dept) praises Syria on its Global climate action.

Too many clowns and not enough circuses for this bunch to go play in.

• jonny likes this

#2634 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

rosie is using her cbc platform to patch up the liberals' image a couple days after those paradise papers came out.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...arton-1.4392979

i see a bit of similarity to this

North Korean children are being taught that Mr Kim is a skilled artist and composer of musical scores, while he was able to drive when he was 3.

Mr Kim is also, apparently, a natural sailor.

"At the age of 9, Kim Jong-un raced the chief executive of a foreign yacht company who was visiting North Korea at the time", the books claim, adding that he overcame the odds to claim victory.

That the regime is going to such lengths to lionise Mr Kim suggests the young dictator still lacks the complete support of his people, Toshimitsu Shigemura, a professor at Tokyo's Waseda University and an authority on North Korean affairs, told The Telegraph.

"This tells us that his rule is not yet stable", Prof Shigemura said. "A North Korean leader needs to have success and results, and so far he hasn't been very successful."

"Not many people in the North have respect for Mr Kim, so children are being taught how great and powerful he is", he added. "The children believe it, of course, but the teachers have no choice but to believe it".

Efforts to build a cult of personality around Mr Kim echo similar campaigns - and equally outlandish claims - in support of his late father, Kim Jong-il.

The North Korean leader, who died in December 2011, had reportedly learned to walk at just 3 weeks and was talking at 8 weeks.

At junior high school in Pyongyang, he corrected and chastised his teachers for incorrectly interpreting history, according to his official biography. Moving on to higher education, he found time to write 1,500 books during his three years at Kim Il-sung University, from where he graduated in 1964, and penned six full operas in two years - "all of which are better than any in the history of music", his biography gushes.

http://www.telegraph...curriculum.html

Edited by amor de cosmos, 09 November 2017 - 11:47 AM.

• jonny likes this

#2635 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

https://globalnews.c...na-trade-talks/

http://nationalpost....ng-empty-handed

Vision without execution is an hallucination.

#2636 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

Conservative leader Andrew Scheer will be in Victoria tomorrow.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2637 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

I am a proud Card Carrying member of the Conservative Party of Canada...........So my vote is cast before election day even happens.

#2638 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

Star Dust can I ask why you started posting on here? It's just quite the impressive amount of posts all of a sudden so I'm naturally curious? Yes possibly a record.

#2639 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

Star Dust can I ask why you started posting on here? It's just quite the impressive amount of posts all of a sudden so I'm naturally curious? Yes possibly a record.

I would imagine for the very exact same reason you started posting on here...... :thumbsup:

Edited by Star Dust, 27 January 2018 - 06:04 PM.

#2640 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

I would imagine for the very exact same reason you started posting on here...... :thumbsup:

The oak bay beach hotel? And then victoria hockey fan(when he was a moderator) told you that you had to start posting on other topics or else he would kick you off and then you started posting to spite him? Took me at least a month or two to get up to your post number however.

Edited by todd, 27 January 2018 - 06:15 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)