Photo

2019 Federal Election

• Please log in to reply
2625 replies to this topic

#2621 tjv

tjv
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Use of a company owned vacation home is certainly a taxable benifit, no?

not for the Trudeau government, just look at Trudeau's use of a Caribbean private island and helicopter owned by a businessman that does business with the federal government

I can see Trudeau going "spend spend spend" loudly as he covers his ears with his hands to block out the criticisms

#2622 North Shore

North Shore
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:14 PM

And it’s amazing how Morneau remembered he had a French villa. I mean it’s easy to forget that sort of thing, so I can see how that’d happen to a finance minister.

In the interests of accuracy (not trying to pick on you, Mike!)  he had disclosed the villa earlier - perhaps when he first filled out c-of-i forms? - it's just the wrinkle of the manner of it's ownership is coming to light now..

I see two things going on here - one justifiable, the other, not so much..firstly, there's the perception that Mr.Morneau is availing himself of tax breaks that aren't really available to the rest of us - a fair criticism; the second bit is that he is an independently wealthy man, so I think that there's a bit of envy at work over the spoils of that wealth..

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#2623 LJ

LJ
  • 7,481 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

I can see Trudeau going "spend spend spend" loudly as he covers his ears with his hands to block out the criticisms

Yeah, everyone thought it was "sunny ways" turns out it was "spendy ways." Which I guess makes it sunny for some supporters who avail themselves of the largess.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#2624 RFS

RFS
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

More violent criminals entering Canada from Mexico after Liberal decision to lift visa requirements

https://globalnews.c...more-criminals/

#2625 Wayne

Wayne
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

RFS, on 14 Oct 2017 - 7:54 PM, said:

More violent criminals entering Canada from Mexico after Liberal decision to lift visa requirements

https://globalnews.c...more-criminals/

Easily fixed when one puts one their rose tinted glasses (then all is roses) and pose for more selfies with the latest/coolest selection of socks.

#2626 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 37,682 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

...the second bit is that he is an independently wealthy man, so I think that there's a bit of envy at work over the spoils of that wealth..

He’s independently wealthy, or does he have a large trust fund or whatever it is him and Trudeau draw their money from?

But that aside, there’s no envy. There’s just a lot of disappointment that the minister has labelled small business owners as connivers and abusers of the tax system while he himself is held to a different standard. The optics of this are terrible.
  • Wayne likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users