• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

Lions guarantee win over ‘Riders Sunday 

‎BC Lions Football Club president and CEO Dennis Skulsky made a historic announcement this afternoon by guaranteeing a win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Sunday afternoon when the teams meet at BC Place presented by Save-On-Foods. It’s the first time in the club’s 61 seasons that it has publicly announced a guaranteed win. 

“The Saskatchewan Roughriders have challenged this community,” said Skulsky. “They have purchased billboards promoting their team and they’re hosting a ‘Rider fan party and rally in our backyard. We’re a very good football team and we’re here to proudly represent this city and this province. The best way to do that is to win on Sunday and we guarantee that will happen.”

If the Lions fall short of their goal, all fans in attendance can redeem their game ticket from Sunday’s tilt for a ticket of equal value to one of the club’s four remaining regular season home games.  

The guarantee comes almost one month after the club announced that additional seats in the upper bowl of BC Place were being made available to accommodate the demand for tickets to Sunday’s game.

“I know our fans will bring the Roar Factor on Sunday and when you combine that with the hard work and determination of our coaching staff and players, it gives everyone in our organization the confidence that together we can achieve great things,” added Skulsky. 

The BC Lions (5-3) take on the Saskatchewan Roughriders (5-2) at BC Place on Sunday, August 24th at 4:00 pm. Tickets start at just $30.00 all-in, if you haven't got your tickets already we hope to see you at BC Place for this huge western showdown!
10136335.jpg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

33,196 fans go home disappointed, but with a free game in their future.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

^From the highlights I saw, it looked like a great close game and I can't say most fans (especially those from Rider Nation) were that disappointed. 

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

^From the highlights I saw, it looked like a great close game and I can't say most fans (especially those from Rider Nation) were that disappointed. 

It was close, but far from exciting.  Lions only had 3 first downs, and 95 yards in the second half.  This game won't excite borderline fans.  Over 1M watched on TV, that's very high.  HDTV and TSN doing a good job on broadcasts, plus tickets to go are starting at $30-35, or $60+ for anything decent, not too surprising some stay at home or go to the bar.

#5 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

I think the ticket prices are stupid. Open the entire stadium, add a tier of $15 tickets and sell the thing out!

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

I think the ticket prices are stupid. Open the entire stadium, add a tier of $15 tickets and sell the thing out!

Ya, why not.

#7 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,010 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

My guess is that the 33K guests won't have a problem getting a free ticket for one of the next four games.

I only ever went to one BC Lions game. The tickets were being given away for free if you would sit in he end zone so that the TV cameras would not show empty stands.

#8 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

I had seasons tickets for years. Loved going to the games with the kids.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#9 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,014 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 12:34 AM

Lions 30, Stampeders 16: B.C. place a-rockin' as Leos book their spot in Western Final

B.C. wins a playoff game for just the second time this decade, easily knocking off a team that was expected to be their equals

https://theprovince....stern-semifinal

#10 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,014 posts

Posted 06 January 2023 - 05:54 AM

An annual Canadian Football League “Touchdown Pacific” game, the first one featuring the B.C. Lions, could be coming to Starlight Stadium in Langford beginning in 2025.

“[Greater] Victoria makes a lot of sense and we are absolutely supportive of it,” B.C. Lions president and chief operating officer Duane Vienneau told the Times Colonist on Thursday.

https://www.timescol...stadium-6336066

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 06 January 2023 - 05:54 AM.

#11 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 06 January 2023 - 07:02 AM

Are the plans for that stadium's expansion still in the pipeline or did that idea go !POOF! after Stew got the boot from Langford city hall?

#12 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,014 posts

Posted 06 January 2023 - 07:02 AM

The power pole is being moved. Not sure if that automatically means the expansion is happening.

#13 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,014 posts

Posted 10 March 2023 - 11:40 AM

Entrepreneur, businessman Peladeau becomes new Alouettes owner

https://www.tsn.ca/e...1929654?tsn-amp

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 10 March 2023 - 11:40 AM.

#14 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,014 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 02:12 PM

On Wednesday, the BC Lions, Canadian Football League and the City of Victoria will be making a “major” announcement.

https://dailyhive.co...n-game-victoria

BC Lions to play CFL regular-season game in Victoria next summer: report

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 November 2023 - 02:13 PM.

• Ismo07 likes this

#15 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 02:24 PM

On Wednesday, the BC Lions, Canadian Football League and the City of Victoria will be making a “major” announcement.

https://dailyhive.co...n-game-victoria

BC Lions to play CFL regular-season game in Victoria next summer: report

Maybe they should run their training camp here too...

#16 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,014 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 02:34 PM

Why will Alto be there if the game is in Langford?

Let’s see what plays out here.

#17 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 02:48 PM

Why will Alto be there if the game is in Langford?

Let’s see what plays out here.

What?

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#18 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,014 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 02:50 PM

Now I’m hearing it’s not in Langford. It’ll be at RAP.

#19 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,014 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 02:51 PM

What?

Some reports say Langford is the ideal spot. But now I’m hearing it’ll be downtown.

#20 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 03:04 PM

Some reports say Langford is the ideal spot. But now I’m hearing it’ll be downtown.

Well the report was specific that it was City of Victoria so I assumed it would be in Victoria, but that Starlight is the top notch stadium for sure.  I would imagine they install extra bleachers similarly to when the Junior World Cup was hosted there.

Edited by Ismo07, 28 November 2023 - 03:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users