Photo

Il Covo Trattoria | Victoria | 106 Superior St.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 scoughman

scoughman
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

This new spot opened up where the Superior restaurant struggled under a few different owners if I recall right. Anybody eaten here yet? I'm planning to write a piece on it very soon and would love to hear some first impressions. Looks like the chef used to work on cruise ships. Not sure who the new owners are either.

http://ilcovotrattoria.ca/

#2 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

Interesting, had no idea that was an Italian restaurant now. I loved it there when it was in its original The Superior incarnation.

#3 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Friends of mine who have been raved about how good it was.

#4 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

It is really good. Been twice. The patio is great though they could have more seating out there.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#5 scoughman

scoughman
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

I saw a gig there maybe four or five years or ago and the food was great, but heard almost nothing since.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

It had been closed for several years, no?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

We went for dinner and very much enjoyed it. It was busy and happening. The food was good including a vegetarian option for my wife. They have removed the stage, which opens the window on the south of the building, letting much more light in. I think they have a winner in this current incarnation.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#8 JamesBayRay

JamesBayRay
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

Patio are is absolutely charming, but we foud the portions small for the price, the pasta was undercooked and we we not impressed at all. Server was really good though. There are better places in town for the same or less money where you might actually leave with a doggy bag or at the very least FULL. *No I am not a food glutton.

#9 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:08 AM

Since my golden review a year ago, I've been back a few times. Some have been disappointing. I wouldn't highly recommend it anymore. But it does remain busy and happening.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users