Photo

Velvet Exotic Nightclub

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

Look it takes a lot to offend me but if vv is going for a certain image there ought to be a level of consistency.

#22 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

Swearing isn't necessary to convey a point. Discussing the business activities of legal enterprises that operate within the laws established by the jurisdictions we live in is in no means alienating or offensive -- how can it be?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

Discussing things is one thing. Posting an promo poster is a full endorsement, an advertisement
  • Nparker likes this

#24 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

Discussing things is one thing. Posting an promo poster is a full endorsement, an advertisement

Come on, you think everything we post on here is an endorsement?  As if.

However, here is a public service announcement.,,

7yvv.png

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#25 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

That's just the thing. I don't know if that's an endorsement or an advertisement. All I know is that it's an ad posted by someone who mods this forum. Did vv get paid for the posting? Because if they didn't, they probably should have.
^btw your example is pretty weak imo.

But whatever, not my site and I dont mod on here. Believe it or not I am thinking in the interest of vv as a user that's been on here since 2006. I'm not interested in arguing for the sake of ruffling feathers. If vv can't see the issue here then so be it.

Edited by gumgum, 30 December 2014 - 11:12 AM.

• Baro likes this

#26 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:17 AM

All feedback is appreciated, don't get us wrong gumgum, but it's far easier to post a readily available image with details of an event then it is to paraphrase. We've done this countless times with all sorts of events and for all kinds of businesses.

No, we didn't get paid, and no, we don't have a business relationship with the owner. But if a local establishment is doing something new or different we post the info.
  • gumgum likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#27 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,233 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

The ten people who have seen this thread would have to be pretty valuable eyes to consider that post an advertisement...

#28 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

^ Hey, 936 views on this thread.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#29 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,233 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

from the same ten people  :banana:

• Nparker, concorde and Matt R. like this

#30 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

^^937, I keep coming back looking for your review. :lol:

Edited by Gary H, 30 December 2014 - 01:11 PM.

• sebberry, Matt R. and lanforod like this

#31 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

I have to admit I sometimes don't know what's just a link for link's sake or part of a potentially paid marketing drive sometimes here.  Specially with the I love downtown facebook connection and a lot of the business/retail news sometimes reading like marketing.  Same with some of the real-estate and development posts I'm not exactly sure if VV or the poster have some sort of connection with the project.

Not that there's anything wrong with any of that, one must take everything they read with a grain of salt and an understanding that there could be a bias or profit motive behind anything and everything.  But there is absolutely money to be made subtly marketing things via social media and it's not uncommon for popular forums/sites to have users being paid to mention certain products or events in a way that seems like genuine word of mouth or unbiased reviews/recommendations.  

The problem is though that a site can lose its reputation or trust with too much of that sort of marketing (even if it's only suspected).  I've never really been bothered about that sort of thing, but I can understand why GumGum could be bothered, specially given the content of the potential marketing and it's potential "officialness" coming from a mod.

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#32 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

VV is secretly a marketing front for strip clubs and brothels. I thought everyone knew that.
  • sebberry and lanforod like this

Know it all.

#33 http

http

Data Sans Practicality

• 1,029 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

Mike K, I'm going to be hoarse from laughing.

"Who are those slashdot people? They swept over like Mongol-Tartars." - F. E. Vladimirovna

#34 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:23 AM

VV is secretly a marketing front for strip clubs and brothels. I thought everyone knew that.

Which explains the demise of Monday Magazine...

#35 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

Hey as long as I don't have to pay a membership fee to VV then go for it!

#36 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:10 AM

Which explains the demise of Monday Magazine...

Really. They were the only ones left advertising in MM after Craigslist and UsedVic came on the scene.

#37 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

Can you send Gary in to do some photography ?

• sebberry likes this

#38 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

Can you send Gary in to do some photography ?

Gary's camera can't reach from his place?  

• http likes this

#39 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

Mike K, I'm going to be horse from laughing.

There are horses at this strip club?  Now things are getting really weird... 

• Nparker likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#40 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

^^937, I keep coming back looking for your review. :lol:

OK, I went tonight.

Arrived at 8:15pm, left at 8:48pm.

It was a $10 cover charge, but they waived it for us as we had a bit of a connection.

We were the only customers there.

Our bartender was nice, and attractive, but after serving our first round of drinks, spent the rest of the time we were there  texting on her cell phone.

The one dancer we saw was not exactly top end.  I'd been fortunate enough to spend 3 hours at the Red Fox earlier this week on a business call, and saw all 4 of their dancers.  The Velvet dancer,in my mind, I'd rate as #5 on the list.

Disappointing.

• Rob Randall likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users