BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#541 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

What if your bus had to stop on Belleville at Government and your passengers had to trek back to Ogden Point? Or you dropped them off at Butterfly Gardens and told them to huff it to Butchart? That's what this is about.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#542 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,722 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

What if your bus had to stop on Belleville at Government and your passengers had to trek back to Ogden Point? Or you dropped them off at Butterfly Gardens and told them to huff it to Butchart? That's what this is about.

Will the residents of Encore not be able to get buses any closer than Belleville @ Government?

#543 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

As someone who has owns a unit at the Promontory and has purchased two units at the Encore I am not going to concern myself with "train vibrations,"...life is too short.  It is an urban environment.  Just like when I lived at the 834 Johnson and I would get woken up at 4 am by people yelling outside....don't like it, move to an acreage in Sooke. 

If you buy in an urban type environment just expect everything such as transit improvements that may increase noise, your view being blocked, tent city popping up next door, luxury marina going in close by, etc., etc.  

Edited by MarkoJ, 01 April 2017 - 05:39 PM.

• 2F2R, HB, ovovov and 2 others like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#544 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

That's your best post ever.

A slam dunk .

A TKO

Couldn't agree more.

Edited by HB, 01 April 2017 - 05:20 PM.

#545 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:29 AM

I'm not saying we should be so spoiled as to expect a train station just outside our door. My point is that the more convenient you are to the mass transportation, the more likely you will be to use it. Psychologically, taking one train to your destination, instead of a bus and a train, has more pull.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#546 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

The city is pretty much covered with transit routes that get people near to where they need to be.

The what ifs you suggest are not valid because those areas are covered by bus service.

People need to take a little responsibility for themselves.

leave early walk a little....other wise be prepared to pay extra taxes and fares for bus and rail service on every street in every municipality

#547 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

People generally get used to noise anyways. My inlaws live right by a major bus interchange. They don't even notice the buses or traffic anymore.

#548 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:15 AM

I'm not saying we should be so spoiled as to expect a train station just outside our door. My point is that the more convenient you are to the mass transportation, the more likely you will be to use it. Psychologically, taking one train to your destination, instead of a bus and a train, has more pull.

Right.

If HB's passengers had to take responsibility for themselves, as he puts it, and lug themselves 2km to his bus,I don't think he'd be getting as many tips or bums in seats.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#549 finnamored

finnamored
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:00 AM

I've heard that completion is being delayed until early 2019. Anyone else know about this?

#550 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:16 AM

It is typical for these large projects to be delayed. Promontory was about six months delayed from the original move-in date.

Owners will usually get a few updates to their disclosure statements. For Promontory we had three or four prior to building completion. Buried within each disclosure was a change in the expected occupancy date.

#551 Bell bottoms

Bell bottoms
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

I've heard that completion is being delayed until early 2019. Anyone else know about this?

That sounds like an extreme delay since the last disclosure statement said Feb 2018. One year ?? Where is this information coming from?

#552 finnamored

finnamored
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

That sounds like an extreme delay since the last disclosure statement said Feb 2018. One year ?? Where is this information coming from?

Oops, you're right, won't quite be early 2019, late 2018. I was thinking April-Jun completion was what is in the amendment, not Feb-April. But I've heard 8 months delay from another owner who heard it from someone who knows the developer... I know, you're hearing it like 5th hand from me now, but just wondering if anyone else has heard rumours or confirmation.

#553 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

Photos from April 28th

Attached Images

• IMG_0162.JPG
  • IMG_0164.JPG
  • IMG_0167.JPG
  • IMG_0169.JPG
  • IMG_0173.JPG
  • IMG_0174.JPG
  • IMG_0177.JPG
  • IMG_0178.JPG
  • IMG_0180.JPG

• Nparker, 2F2R and Bell bottoms like this

#554 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,722 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

I like the way the security mesh is the colour of the future brick cladding. How tall will the shorter tower be?

#555 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

Bugs the heck out of me when Victorians refer to lowrise buildings as towers. And you of all people.

#556 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

Pic from http://www.condosvic...abc.com/encore:

encore-condos-victoria-amenities.jpg?ito

#557 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

And you of all people.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

#558 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,722 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:34 PM

Bugs the heck out of me when Victorians refer to lowrise buildings as towers. And you of all people.

I agree that 5 floors is hardly a "tower", but shorter "building" felt too generic. As you know I am loath to even refer to anything under 15 floors as a high rise. Hence forth, I promise to NEVER use the word tower to describe any local structure under 30 floors (or 100 meters) in height.

But the proposal for 701 Belleville Street is still incredibly bland - verging on ugly - for such a prominent location. I suppose I just so dislike the low-rise portion that it ruins the rest of the proposal for me.

#559 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

Photos from May 5th

Attached Images

• IMG_0182.JPG
  • IMG_0184.JPG
  • IMG_0187.JPG
  • IMG_0190.JPG

• Nparker, 2F2R, jonny and 1 other like this

#560 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:24 AM

Pretty quiet in here. The 5 story builing has topped out and the joined underground parking is up to grade level. They have begun form and rebar work for the central column/elevator shaft on the tower.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)