• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:59 AM

This is no small operation...

IMG_8552.JPG IMG_8551.JPG IMG_8548.JPG IMG_8545.JPG IMG_8544.JPG IMG_8541.JPG IMG_8539.JPG IMG_8538.JPG

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#102 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Courtenay has made the final 10 for Hockeyville this year.

http://www.khv2017.ca/en/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#103 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:43 AM

Not that there is remotely any doubt which sport is the dominant one in this country by a galactic light year, but this story yesterday surprised even me; one of the most lucrative deals ever for a venue naming rights agreement was signed between Scotia Bank and Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment (owner of the Toronto ML) yesterday - $800 million for 20 years to rename the Air Canada Center to ScotiaBank Arena:

https://www.thestar....bank-arena.html

Not a terribly innovative or exciting arena name to be sure, but in the largest hockey market on the planet (Toronto - which pains me to say as a Habs fan), no doubt the bank will reap massive dividends over the life of the agreement.

#104 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

Important too to note that this isn't hockey-specific. The ACC is one of the busiest arena's on the world (has to be top 5), home to three major league tenants (Leafs, Raptors, and Rock), and countless concerts and events in between. I mean, just look at this calendar; something going on most nights.

Let's not forget how much more popular basketball is globally, especially in Asia. And the Raptors are a good team and have been getting significant network air time. So any time they have a home game broadcast with their logo slapped twice onto the court, that's dollars into Scotiabank's pocket.

The Raptors are actually more valuable than the Leafs according to Forbes, largely because of the more global appeal of basketball.

#105 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:38 AM

Hans Zimmer is there this week!

http://www.theaircan...om/calendar.asp

You may not be aware, he's a major film scorer.   Since the 1980s, he has composed music for over 150 films.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 30 August 2017 - 08:39 AM.

• AllseeingEye and Matt R. like this

#106 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

Important too to note that this isn't hockey-specific. The ACC is one of the busiest arena's on the world (has to be top 5), home to three major league tenants (Leafs, Raptors, and Rock), and countless concerts and events in between. I mean, just look at this calendar; something going on most nights.

Let's not forget how much more popular basketball is globally, especially in Asia. And the Raptors are a good team and have been getting significant network air time. So any time they have a home game broadcast with their logo slapped twice onto the court, that's dollars into Scotiabank's pocket.

The Raptors are actually more valuable than the Leafs according to Forbes, largely because of the more global appeal of basketball.

Interestingly in most surveys and polls of the world's "busiest" arena (total bookings) it doesn't rank even in the Top 10 venues.

#107 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Hometown Hockey is in Duncan tomorrow.

https://www.cowichan...ometown-hockey/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users