Kraft Hockeyville & Rogers Hometown Hockey

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

The top 10 finalists for Kraft Hockeyville 2015 were announced on Saturday night and Panorama Recreation in North Saanich made the final cut!!

The winner will receive an NHL pre-season game and $100,000 in arena upgrades. Second prize is $100,000 in arena upgrades, while third prize is $25,000 in arena upgrades.

http://www.sportsnet...ties-announced/

The voting starts online on March 21. When voting opens, you can cast your ballot here: http://www.khv2015.c...ions/finalists/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:29 AM

The top 10 finalists for Kraft Hockeyville 2015 were announced on Saturday night and Panorama Recreation in North Saanich made the final cut!!

The winner will receive an NHL pre-season game and $100,000 in arena upgrades. Second prize is $100,000 in arena upgrades, while third prize is $25,000 in arena upgrades.

http://www.sportsnet...ties-announced/

The voting starts online on March 21. When voting opens, you can cast your ballot here: http://www.khv2015.c...ions/finalists/

And you can vote more than once. :thumbsup:

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:00 AM

Panorama won the west and gets $100k.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

VOTE NOW

you can cast your ballot here: http://www.khv2015.c...ions/finalists/

#5 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

Seems to be no limit on how many times you can vote.

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

Seems to be no limit on how many times you can vote.

Nope.

#7 David Bratzer

David Bratzer
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

The winner will be announced in just over two hours.  Hopefully Panorama Rec gets it. Voting closed a few days ago. The unlimited votes thing ended up being addictive, I voted a bunch of times while watching Netflix.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

Based on past winners I can't really say how this might go. Tiny communities have won it.

And Chatham is not too small. 100k

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

Anybody know how much seating is at this rink, I can't find any decent photos or info.

It might kinda ruin the spirit of the thing... But would it be odd to have the game instead at Save On? And raise some money for charity?
  • jonny likes this

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

I see it has been moved a bit, away from the actual winning rink:

http://en.m.wikipedi...aft_Hockeyville

In 2007, when Canucks made camp here (they tend to move it around the province) they easily sold out their Blue/White game.  At the time I said they could have charged double and still filled Save On.

http://www.canada.co...b03b55&sponsor=

Maybe if we win today it'll make sense for camp to come back here.

#11 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:51 PM

Anybody know how much seating is at this rink, I can't find any decent photos or info.

It might kinda ruin the spirit of the thing... But would it be odd to have the game instead at Save On? And raise some money for charity?

Yup, odd.

I think it needs to be at the arena that won in the voting. If it was Save On I might have only voted once, besides they could up the prices if it were for charity, and put up some big TV screens in tents on the parking lot and sell beer to get a few more people involved.

#12 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

Congratulations to the winner... :cheers:

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:58 PM

Yup, odd.

I think it needs to be at the arena that won in the voting. If it was Save On I might have only voted once, besides they could up the prices if it were for charity, and put up some big TV screens in tents on the parking lot and sell beer to get a few more people involved.

But you'd have to up the price to $500 to get the same revenue as Save On can get.

The NHL has a habit now of splitting the team into two squads now during training camp.  So you can have Vancouver / Edmonton playing in one city, and Vancouver / Edmonton playing in another city on the same night.

Hockeyville has a US version too:   https://www.krafthockeyville.com

2011:

Conception Bay South will celebrate Kraft Hockeyville in September 2011

July 13, 2011

The Town of Conception Bay South officially announced today that the Kraft Hockeyville 2011 NHL® Pre-Season Game between the Ottawa Senators® and the Winnipeg JetsTM will be played at Mile One Centre in St. John’s on September 26, 2011. The decision wasn’t an easy one, but it’s one officials believe leaves the Town of Conception Bay South in a win-win-win situation. 

“While the pre-season game will be held at Mile One Centre, the Kraft Hockeyville Party will definitely be in Conception Bay South, and only Conception Bay South!” boasts the Town’s Mayor Woodrow French. “On September 24 and 25, the Town will host the best Kraft Hockeyville Party ever both inside and outside the Robert French Memorial Stadium, all captured by CBC for a special one hour show in September!” 

An important part of the decision on where to hold the game was focussed on what was best for the community. Two main reasons prevailed. Due to the obviously higher capacity at Mile One Centre, the Town can provide ten times more people the opportunity to experience the game in person. Secondly, along with the title of Kraft Hockeyville, came $100,000 in arena upgrade money which in the past has been used by some winning communities to prep their arenas to host the pre-season game. “The $100,000 that the Town received from Kraft Canada, can now go directly to renovations that are important to users of the stadium and will truly benefit our hockey players and figure skaters. By going to Mile One Centre, we can use the $100,000 to provide our community with a rink that benefits everyone for the long term.” adds French.

Politicians from all three levels of government were on hand for the announcement as well as representatives of the St. John’s AHL team, Bae New Plan Group Ltd. and Mile One Centre. Rounding out the list of invited guests were the Presidents of CBR Minor Hockey, CBS Skating Club, CBS Referees Association and the Hockeyville Organizing Committee.

http://www.mileonece...ate=&id=323&dt=

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

We won.

Kraft Hockeyville has a new rink to call home! Congratulations to North Saanich on becoming #KraftHockeyville 2015.

• Nparker likes this

#15 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Why is it a big deal?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#16 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

Why is it a big deal?

I guess because most big-market teams do not do pre-season games in neutral or lower population cities like they did back in the 70's and 80's.  They just do them normally at their home rink.  

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

We won convincingly, like 1.1M to 600k.  62% to 38%.

• RFS likes this

#18 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

Seems like the scoring is pretty meaningless. Shouldn't it be based on towns that actually like hockey a lot?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#19 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

Panorama is very small. Seats maybe 500-700 I'd guess.

Hockey is pretty big in North Saanich Gman.

#20 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

There are towns in Canada that don't like hockey? Kick em out! Lol

Edited by lanforod, 05 April 2015 - 10:02 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users