Escape Room Attractions

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:29 AM

Can you escape?  A global gaming phenomenon has arrived in Victoria. 

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

$120 for a go, but with up to six people it's not so bad.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

People seem to rave about it in other cities.  Wonder if they had to go through any hoops in terms of zoning for this use.  Doesn't easily fall into a category.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

I'd thought about opening one of these here. Someone beat me to it! :)

A good idea, makes a great double/triple date night. so long as this isn't as easy as the one showcased on Big Bang Theory a couple weeks ago :).

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

So is this a permanent fixture like the house of horrors was in Trounce Alley? Speaking of which, I miss that place. It was great.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

So is this a permanent fixture like the house of horrors was in Trounce Alley? Speaking of which, I miss that place. It was great.

Well, it's just some office rooms with a reception area, but ya, it's permanent.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:11 AM

Apparently another one is coming, Trapped Victoria.

https://twitter.com/trappedvictoria

Trapped Victoria is a room escape gaming facility opening this fall in the heart of Victoria's downtown tourist district. At Trapped, players are challenged to display their intelligence, marvels, and artistry by outwitting the Game Master, which involves solving challenging puzzles, discovering exciting clues, and escaping within the time limit of 60 minutes. Trapped’s rooms offer varying levels of difficulty, so those who are both new to escape games and the most experienced can have fun. Trapped will provide year round entertainment, where people can experience the hottest new trend in Date Nights, Family Fun and Corporate Team-Building.

#8 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:10 AM

So there's one in Bastion Square, one on Yates above Hawk & Hen and now one on Wharf?

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:12 AM

Bastion Square, yes.  Then one just off Wharf where the old-time photos was.   I do not know of one above Hawk/Hen.

What would be cool if two located side by side, and just when you finally escape one, you find yourself locked in the other.

#10 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:28 AM

Bastion Square, yes.  Then one just off Wharf where the old-time photos was.   I do not know of one above Hawk and Hen.

Yates: http://www.victoriaescapegames.com/

The newest one is 1211 Wharf where Grad Central used to be. So if the former old time photo site is still there there are four of these in Old Town.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:36 AM

So if the former old time photo site is still there there are four of these in Old Town.

Ya, it is, 523 Broughton.

http://horrorescape.com/

#12 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:34 AM

Downtown attractions 1976:

Wax Museum
Haunted Mansion
Classic Car Museum
Land of the Little People

Downtown attractions 2016:

Escape Room
Epic Escape
Victoria Escape Games
Horror Escape

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:18 AM

Missed opportunities:  Downtown attractions 1977:

Wax Museum Escape
Haunted Mansion Escape 
Escape from the Classic Car Museum 
Escape from the Little People 

• Rob Randall, Dietrich, Matt R. and 1 other like this

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:52 AM

New opportunities:  Downtown attractions 2017:

Escape from the Bug Zoo

Escape with the Bengal Lounge Tiger Skin

Escape from Tent City

Escape Any Actual Work While Still Drawing a Police Chief Salary

• Rob Randall, Dietrich and Bingo like this

#15 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:59 PM

New opportunities:  Downtown attractions 2017:

Escape from the Bug Zoo

Escape with the Bengal Lounge Tiger Skin

Escape from Tent City

Escape Any Actual Work While Still Drawing a Police Chief Salary

The Great Fentanyl Escape from Igor's hospital labratory.

• VicHockeyFan, Dietrich and Matt R. like this

#16 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:03 PM

How about they lock you in a room and you have to design a new bridge and then quit and get a new higher-paying job in a neighbouring municipality before the final invoice comes due. I'm getting chills just thinking about it.
  • VicHockeyFan and Bingo like this

#17 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

Take the money and run, and it's still going on with sewage.

#18 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:53 PM

Not sure if any of you have been to any of these, but the one I went to was Horror Escape on lower Broughton and it was so much fun! Really made for a great Saturday night. 

• VicHockeyFan likes this

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:50 AM

The newest one is 1211 Wharf where Grad Central used to be. So if the former old time photo site is still there there are four of these in Old Town.

Not so fast, looks like we have another one...

File_000 (109).jpeg

http://www.escapewarriors.com/

• todd likes this

#20 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

Not so fast, looks like we have another one...

File_000 (109).jpeg

http://www.escapewarriors.com/

How do you tell the difference between a real escape room and fake escape room? Some years ago I saw a sign for an escape room like attraction in downtown Victoria I went down the deep stairway into the dark room, I inquired to the lady at the desk I asked what the deal is, she said all she could say is "you all go in and one of you gets executed", we decided not to proceed.

Edited by todd, 30 October 2016 - 11:38 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users