• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#181 kafkaesque

kafkaesque
  • 88 posts
  • LocationVic West

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

Haha, fair enough.

I guess I'm so used to having this guy right above me at all times that I haven't even considered the danger associated with dismantling a crane.

Btw, this is literally what I'm looking at out my window.

Honestly, I had never ever thought about how they go up or down.  I know sometimes they fall down, which of course we hear about.  I googled crane crush and found a lawyer site that specializes in "crushed by a crane" injuries.  Uh huh.

Wow, I can see how having that view might make you blase.  Some things we just have to not worry about in order to not go TOO insane.

Edited by kafkaesque, 23 March 2017 - 02:50 PM.

• Mike K. likes this

#182 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

My friend, who is boss of one of the subcontractors is still telling me 28 floors ... and starting soon ... ... 

• Nparker likes this

#183 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

PS, thought VV was a forum for discussion ... don't know why start a thread on a controversial Victoria topic ... I get locked out ??? awesome

#184 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Locked out? What's happened, 2F?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#185 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

I started a thread in general topics called ... Jigsaw sidewalks ..

This guy or girl named sdwright.vic posts this ...

"Really? You started a thread for this? Troll!"

Now there is a lock on it and I can't comment back ...

You know, and I post this often, I have had a life long love of Victoria and its arcitectue, have been involved with the construction of buildings in my younger days, follow world architecture, have been a member of VV for ten years, try to never say anything negative (and truly, I don't have negative feelings about any of our buildings, not even the hated View Towers) I never complain about the meaningless comments that are part of us kidding around on posts by the big number posters ... but I have never been locked out for a heart felt comment about a controversial topic in Victoria ... and "Troll" ... what the F does that mean ...

• aastra likes this

#186 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

^sd seems a little vitriolic lately, I'm not sure why. I made a simple comment in another thread and he misunderstood it and jumped all over me as well. Don't let it bother you.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#187 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

I would like to hear an explanation as well.

#188 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

just blow it off ......dont take it personal like some people do...just take a who cares attitude...laugh or something.

People mis understand things every minute of the day on the interweb...its all words on your screen with no facial expressions or physical indicators to go along with the words..so one sentence can be taken 10 different ways by 10 different people ...dont lose sleep over it

Edited by HB, 23 March 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#189 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

My only wonder is how this person is able to put a lock on a topic I post ... I have not even waisted my time to look at his profile ... I could not care less about this person.

#190 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

My only wonder is how this person is able to put a lock on a topic I post ...

I am pretty sure someone with admin privileges would have to lock the thread, which I do not believe sd wright has. IIRC I think your new "jigsaw sidewalk" thread was sort of duplicating an existing thread and that is why it was locked, not your comments.

#191 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

Ah, that's right. It would have been locked because an existing thread is already available on that subject.

I'm not sure if that warranted being called a troll, but I wouldn't think too far into. We'll just refer to sd as a troll for a few days. ;)

So justa quick note to everyone, please make sure new threads are only created if an older thread on that topic does not already exist.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#192 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

So justa quick note to everyone, please make sure new threads are only created if an older thread on that topic does not already exist.

For newcomers finding the right existing thread isn't all that easy with the search tool that's available.

• kafkaesque likes this

#193 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:50 PM

I started a thread in general topics called ... Jigsaw sidewalks ..

Now there is a lock on it and I can't comment back ...

Try posting it again here.  http://vibrantvictor...?hl=sidewalking

#194 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

For newcomers finding the right existing thread isn't all that easy with the search tool that's available.

That's how VV weeds out the serious posters from the casual lurkers.  :P

#195 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Oh man, we really have to fix that. But don't worry, something's a-brewing.

Know it all.

#196 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

That's how VV weeds out the serious posters from the casual lurkers.  :P

And I really have to do this to myself.

off-topic.jpg

• DavidSchell likes this

#197 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

Oh man, we really have to fix that. But don't worry, something's a-brewing.

You mean weeding out the serious posters from the casual lookers  :confused:

• Nparker likes this

#198 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

The red crane is now up at 1008 Pandora.

April 06

1008-Pandora-crane.jpg

Know it all.

#199 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

Only the mast remains from the tower crane at Hudson Walk. The jib has been fully removed as of 3:45 this afternoon.

#200 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

Only the TOWER remains from the tower crane at Hudson Walk. The jib has been fully removed as of 3:45 this afternoon.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users