- - - - -

Canadian Tire stores in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#41 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

Speaking of Tillicum. I am disappointed that after closing one of my favourite restaurant Kelsey's, they still haven't demolished the building for a new development. What happened to those plans?

#42 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:05 PM

There are no plans and the chain is still paying the lease on the space. Also all Kelseys closed down, not just this one.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 07 June 2015 - 11:33 AM.

Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#43 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

There are no plans and the chain is still paying the lease on the space. Also all Kelseys closed down, not just toss one.

Still a few locations in Ontario.

(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#44 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

^ Most be all the BC and Alberta ones then. Drive past a lot of Montana's with empty Kelsey's next door.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 07 June 2015 - 12:11 PM.

Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#45 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

^ Most be all the BC and Alberta ones them. Drive past a lot of Montana's with empty Kelsey's next door.

http://en.wikipedia....ood_Bar_&_Grill

#46 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

There are no plans and the chain is still paying the lease on the space. Also all Kelseys closed down, not just this one.

..the company is piloting a new restaurant design that features an emphasis on a newer style of Kelsey's dining experience. Many under-performing Kelsey's restaurants have been closing down over the past couple of years and the new design is going to change the customer's eating experience to become more lively and exciting. The restaurant's old slogan "Neighbourhood Bar and Grill" has been upgraded to "Ambitiously Hardworking and Socially Unpredictable".  Bright neon colours are found throughout the restaurant along with an upgraded menu that features a smaller and more limited selection of the most popular items found at other Kelsey's locations.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#47 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:29 AM

There's an application for a sign variance going to council this Thursday for new Canadian Tire logo and signs.

It may have been said in another thread, but this sign application would confirm Canadian Tire moving into the former Target space.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but I've heard that the Shelbourne and Douglas Canadian Tires will both be leaving and being replaced by the Hillside location. No idea as to when this will occur.

It will be interesting to see what happens to those two very dated sites. The Douglas area could really transform with a new development. The Shelbourne one is more likely to stay given it's strip mall surroundings - not sure who would want to move in there though.

• todd likes this

#48 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

This new Canadian Tire at Hillside Mall seems to be taking forever. I walked by the other day and it doesn't look anywhere near close to stocking the shelves. Kind of odd given Target finished constructing that spot just over a year ago.

#49 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:08 PM

^ Ya, I walked by it Monday and there didn't appear to be anybody working on it.

#50 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:23 PM

I walked by today, and it wasn't worth flashing up my camera.

#51 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:48 PM

NOVEMBER 5, 2015 06:00 AM --- TIMES COLONIST - CARLA WILSON

Canadian Tire opening at Hillside Centre in spring

#52 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:39 AM

Are they installing an automotive maintenance garage? Maybe that's why it's taking so long.

#53 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

Any more specific dates for Canadian Tire at Hillside and Lowe's at Tillicum yet? Latest I can find is still 'Spring 2016' for CT, and 'first half of 2016' for Lowe's?

I wonder if they'll go for high-tech tools like they did at the new one in Edmonton: http://www.msn.com/e...mmon/ar-BBkxHgy

Note that 150000 sq ft space that Target left in Hillside is larger than Edmonton's current 'largest Canadian Tire in Canada'. For Canadian Tire, perhaps if some of the square footage would be subleased or removed to make a foyer/auto shop. Alternatively, Victoria could boast the largest Canadian Tire in Canada (though other Target locations being taken over could be as large or larger).

#54 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

Any more specific dates for Canadian Tire at Hillside and Lowe's at Tillicum yet? Latest I can find is still 'Spring 2016' for CT, and 'first half of 2016' for Lowe's?

Was by the Hillside location a week ago and whatever they are doing inside, it doesn't look much different.

The front doors have been changed and they have knocked out a smaller entrance to the left.

The big red target balls were still in place.

#55 Fernwoodian

Fernwoodian
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

Are they installing an automotive maintenance garage? Maybe that's why it's taking so long.

When Hillside was rezoned a few years back they removed the auto repair use to avoid Sears opening up another service centre. As far as I know this is the reason why Canadian Tire is not opening any auto repair at this location.

#56 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

How horrible it would be to have another repair center there... 

EDIT:  I'm quite surprised Canadian Tire would give up two auto centers in Victoria.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#57 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:31 PM

When Hillside was rezoned a few years back they removed the auto repair use to avoid Sears opening up another service centre. As far as I know this is the reason why Canadian Tire is not opening any auto repair at this location.

So it'll be a Canadian Tire where you can only get bicycle tires?

#58 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:59 PM

A better question is whether in a massive two story Canadian Tire, is it still going to be next to impossible to walk around the store because there's so much junk in between every aisle.
  • Matt R. and Jill like this

#59 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

A better question is whether in a massive two story Canadian Tire, is it still going to be next to impossible to walk around the store because there's so much junk in between every aisle.

I've been in larger Canadian Tire stores, such as the 3 storey one at Grandview Hwy. Much more roomy, not near as cramped, and less laid out like a k-mart, more like a Cabela's.

The Douglas and Shelbourne Canadian Tires are small and cramped. Broadmead and View Royal are a little better, Langford is the best one here. It will be nice to have one with elbow room, for sure.

#60 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:50 AM

Is there any reason to believe Canadian Tire will split the Hillside space up and make the upstairs a Marks?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users