• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

High-profile condo marketer calls for B.C. speculation tax

B.C. should impose a speculation tax on people who flip their properties within six months of purchase, says B.C.’s best-known condo marketer.

But Bob Rennie, speaking to a packed room of people from the region’s development industry, said he’s opposed to having restrictions put on foreign investment in real estate, because that would send a dangerous message to needed foreign investors in tech companies or liquefied natural gas that they might be next.

http://www.theglobea...rticle24573605/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

Vancouver condo marketer says rezoning is answer to unaffordable housing

The white-hot debate over Vancouver’s sky-high housing costs will be cranked up a notch on Friday when the city’s major condo marketer urges local politicians and neighbourhood groups to allow single-family houses to be torn down and replaced with lower-cost condos and townhouses.

In his yearly speech at a development industry event, Bob Rennie will make the case that politicians and residents need to be bolder about rezoning, because the current gradual approach is limiting the supply of land for condos and townhouses, making them more expensive than they need to be.

http://www.theglobea...rticle24560725/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users