Photo

Car Free YYJ in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#101 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

I will not be attending this year's Douglas Street festival.

I have alternate plans myself this year. Sorry YYJ  :(

#102 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

This year I really need Helps in the dunk tank, and just my luck, that's not in the plans...

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#103 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

I hope there isnt any congestion on the Pandora Bike lanes with the throngs heading to this.....

• Nparker likes this

#104 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:38 AM

Oh the irony - I bet people at the festival today will be wishing for some global warming weather!

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#105 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:56 AM

There won't be a grassy area this year between Johnson and Pandora. The sod is water-logged.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#106 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:02 AM

There won't be a grassy area this year between Johnson and Pandora...

That was one of the best parts.  :(

#107 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

Too bad they had to pick a special day I want to spend with my daughters ... perhaps next year???

#108 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

I think CF-YYJ has been held on Father's Day in both of its previous incarnations.

• VicHockeyFan and Midnightly like this

#109 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:27 AM

There won't be a grassy area this year between Johnson and Pandora. The sod is water-logged.

Tragic.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#110 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

Mountain-bike course!

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#111 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

I stay well away from grassy knolls.

#112 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:39 PM

It's interesting that, after living here all my life - and getting to know what downtown looks like on any given Sunday ... that looking at what the traffic and parking were like on the side streets today, it's pretty obvious that a large percentage of the folks walking around downtown DROVE downtown to do their walking around.

Edited by Cassidy, 18 June 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#113 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

It's interesting that, after living here all my life - and getting to know what downtown looks like on any given Sunday ... that looking at what the traffic and parking were like on the side streets today, it's pretty obvious that a large percentage of the folks walking around downtown DROVE downtown to do their walking around.

Calling it CAR FREE day is a joke ... we were going to go for lunch downtown for Father's day, but instead went to OAK Bay where we could find parking.

• Nparker likes this

#114 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

The best thing is the English Car Show is the same day in BHP.

#115 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

Car rerouted day?

They need to do a couple of buss shuttles up and down Blanshard. When I went downtown at noon, the right lane was just a constant stream of busses end to end.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#116 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:15 PM

Car rerouted day?

They need to do a couple of buss shuttles up and down Blanshard. When I went downtown at noon, the right lane was just a constant stream of busses end to end.

And I bet the bike lanes were chockablock tire to tire pedal to pedal...right?

• Nparker likes this

#117 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

Uh.... no.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#118 29er Radio

29er Radio
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

This year I really need Helps in the dunk tank, and just my luck, that's not in the plans...

i think she showed up for a few dunks
Eric Bramble - http://www.29erradio.com
The Growler Hour
Lisa, Gene & Eric Show

#119 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:27 PM

The massive bike racks that took up a solid portion of the 600-block of Pandora had 10 of 22 rows utilized at 2:30.

IMG_4422.JPG

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#120 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

Calling it CAR FREE day is a joke ... we were going to go for lunch downtown for Father's day, but instead went to OAK Bay where we could find parking.

Lots of people live downtown, and and most of them were out today,

The massive bike racks that took up a solid portion of the 600-block of Pandora had 10 of 22 rows utilized at 2:30.

How much street parking would have been required if all of those cyclists drove cars downtown?

• gstc84 likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users