19 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

https://www.facebook...strampolinepark

Coming soon.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:37 AM

There used to be a trampoline park on Esquimalt Road just west of Tyee. It was a lot of fun. That was back when breaking an arm was part of growing up and not a potential law suit.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:04 AM

That was back when breaking an arm was part of growing up and not a potential law suit.

Ya, that's what I was thinking.  More likely a collar-bone or two.  And when you get two, you know what, a family member has to take care of your, ah, bathroom after-needs.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 LocalMom

LocalMom
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Sadly I doubt this will last past 2-3 years, like many endeavours in Victoria and region.

Unsure as to why but every cool thing another like-sized region has never seems to make it here.

Take indoor playgrounds for kids: many centres in lower mainland, Calgary, Toronto, London, etc. but our *one* option is a sad little minuscule badly-run one.

Don't get me wrong, I hope this goes great and encourages other 'new! exciting!' things like this into our region but I've become pessimistic in my CRD living experiences :(

Edited by LocalMom, 16 August 2015 - 02:15 PM.

• LocalMom likes this

#5 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

There used to be a trampoline park on Esquimalt Road just west of Tyee. It was a lot of fun. That was back when breaking an arm was part of growing up and not a potential law suit.

oh the good ole days?
  • sdwright.vic likes this

#6 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:11 PM

I appreciate your pessimism @LocalMom, but this could be an idea whose time has come :)

#7 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

We had a blast going to one of these in Richmond, cool we're getting one!

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:42 AM

The proponent was on CFAX this morning, would not reveal the location.

It's this guy.  I guess the Whistler thing never worked out at all.

• Axistrampolinepark likes this

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

Wonder if this is dead.  No Facebook posts for over a month.

#10 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:10 AM

https://www.whitehut...ash-in-the-pan/
  • Dr. Barillas likes this

#11 Axistrampolinepark

Axistrampolinepark
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:38 AM

Hi Guys,

Sorry it took this long to engage this website. We are as busy as you would expect.  

All of the delays to this point have come from permitting and zoning issues. We are excited to announce that we have jumped through the larger hoops!  This is happening and its going to be amazing.  

Thanks for all the positive insights and even the pessimism.  We appreciate, anticipate and listen to any and all feedback.  We are here for a good time AND a long time!  

p.s If we don't reply on this page don't fret.  Message us on the facebook page.

your friendly neighbourhood Trampoline park,

-Axis

01.jpg

• todd likes this

#12 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

Do we know the location yet?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#13 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:07 PM

As of march 14, the facebook page says Viewfield Rd.

No address though.

Do we know the location yet?

• Mike K. likes this

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:09 AM

The "World's Largest Trampoline Park" is set to open this summer in Esquimalt.

MORE: http://flyingsquirre...itish-columbia/

#15 Keegan

Keegan
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:18 AM

I think by all of the material I have seen, they maybe advertising that the franchisor is the largest..

#16 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

The fancy Sign is up and the outside of the building looks refreshed....  should be interesting when it opens

#17 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

Website sucks but sure am looking forward to this!

#18 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:32 AM

pics
http://victoriabuzz....open-esquimalt/
  • Dr. Barillas likes this

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

(With PHOTOS) Flying Squirrel Trampoline Park NOW OPEN in Esquimalt

It's been a long wait for some. But it's over. Flying Squirrel is open now.

MORE:

#20 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

went this afternoon, it's pretty close to the layout plan posted above, wasn't all that busy but the word hadn't gotten out yet that they are indeed open i expect it to pick up on Sunday and next weekend be crazy busy, there were 3 different birthday parties happening while we were there (announcements for them atleast), staff super nice..

the flaws... i don't think they have air conditioning (just very large fans, kid was jumping and she was sweating, i was just watching and i even found it a tad warm in there) and not nearly enough parking, when i asked i was told they only have 22 parking spots! though looks like they are sharing some with the other people in the building (mustard seed foodbank) but those are only available after 5pm (even though it says after 5pm and weekends, you can't park there before 5pm on a weekend i was rudely told)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users