BUILT
Pacific Landing at Havenwood, phase 2
Use: condo
Municipality: Colwood
Region: West Shore
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Pacific Landing at Havenwood, phase 2, also known as The Douglas, is a five-storey condominium on Havenwood La... (view full profile)
Learn more about Pacific Landing at Havenwood, phase 2 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Colwood] Pacific Landing at Havenwood | Six phases | condos, commercial | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

Pacific-Landing-phase-1-rendering-September-2015.jpg

$108 million mixed-use development announced at Esquimalt Lagoon

http://victoria.citi...quimalt-lagoon/

A $108 million mixed-use residential and commercial development on 12 acres of land overlooking the Straight of Juan de Fuca has been announced in Colwood.

Pacific Landing at Havenwood, situated along the shores of Esquimalt Lagoon and bordering Royal Roads University to the south, will eventually include 115 condos, a boutique hotel and commercial amenities envisioned to include restaurants, spas, pubs and grocery stores.

Developer Randy Royer, president of Pacific Landing Ltd., stated "our inspiration will be that people will be comfortable to grow here," and noted that the project hopes to attract not only baby boomers and retirees, but also young professionals and students. [Full article]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

There was also this image I found on CFAX's twitter account today.

Capture.PNG

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:09 PM

Just to be clear, this is not Aquattro/Ocean Grove, this is a completely separate project further to the east.

• Mixed365 likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

Just to be clear, this is not Aquattro/Ocean Grove, this is a completely separate project further to the east.

Thanks for that! That was actually my first thought. Ocean Grove is now sold out, no?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#5 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:01 PM

I can't believe how active the market is out in Colwood. Does anyone have any background on the developer?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:58 AM

The developer is a Calgary-based hotelier, hence the boutique hotel as a component of this project. He also has an in-house construction super who oversees that side of the equation.

Randy Royer is a big player, for sure.

Know it all.

#7 Fernwoodian

Fernwoodian
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

I worked on the property for a summer when it was run by Pacific Centre Family Services. It's a beautiful piece of land.

Edited by Fernwoodian, 25 September 2015 - 07:03 AM.

#8 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:52 AM

Thanks for that! That was actually my first thought. Ocean Grove is now sold out, no?

me too

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

http://www.goldstrea.../397789481.html

84216goldstreamGNG-PacificLandingOverhea

The developers hosted an open house over the Thanksgiving weekend that was well-received with more than 70 people in attendance, more than the 40 or 50 they were hoping for.

Construction on the first phase, which will feature three residential buildings and 33 units, is scheduled for completion this spring and 80 per cent of the units have already been sold.

Construction on phase two is scheduled to begin early next year.

For more information on Pacific Landing, log on to pacificlanding.ca.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#10 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:48 AM

Web link doesn't work.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:53 AM

http://pacificlanding.ca/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#12 Prom2

Prom2
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

I'd be interested to see where the 'construction' is at to this point.  Does anyone have pictures ?

My wife and I were going to buy in here (phase 1)... and pulled back last minute due to the ongoing extended timelines.  Looks like it will be a nice place when it is finished... but glad we ended up buying in town.

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:10 AM

Their site has been closed off to the public for quite a long time. You can't see what's happening from the street.

Know it all.

#14 Prom2

Prom2
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:30 AM

Their site has been closed off to the public for quite a long time. You can't see what's happening from the street.

For a while, I had brought my high power binoculars and attempted to view from lagoon,  Need drone....

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:44 AM

Need drone....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etks9IqzohM

• Prom2 likes this

#16 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

Colwoods-oceanfront-Pacific-Landing-development-a-unique-gem-among-Capitals-real-estate-offerings.jpg
An artist's rendering of The Douglas, phase two of Colwood's oceanfront Pacific Landing development rising along the shores of Esquimalt Lagoon.

Colwood’s oceanfront Pacific Landing development a unique gem among Capital’s real-estate offerings
http://victoria.citi...gs-the-douglas/

Colwood’s luxury oceanfront community of Pacific Landing is nearing completion of its first phase of condominium residences with sales of phase two currently underway.

Situated along the shores of picturesque Esquimalt Lagoon on a 12-acre forested parcel, the mixed-use residential and commercial development is on track to unveil its inaugural amenity offerings and welcome its first residents to a three-building, 33-unit collection of two-bedroom suites.

Developer Randy Royer, president of Pacific Landing Ltd., says the project’s unique location and wooded setting presented his team with the opportunity to shape a world-class residential enclave with a collection of amenities destined to form the cornerstone of a village atmosphere.

“Our goal with Pacific Landing has been to embrace the site’s gorgeous environment through a seaside community that not only takes full advantage of the west coast lifestyle, but also provides its residents with a rewarding amenity experience,” Royer said, adding that phase one’s “treetop yoga studio, kitchen theatre, roof-top viewing terraces and a richly appointed maker’s workshop will collectively redefine amenity packages homeowners have come to expect at condominium residences.” [Full article]

Know it all.

#17 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

Frank Lloyd Wright just rolled over in his grave.

#18 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:46 AM

When you live on the ocean, you don't need falling water from your roof  :muching_out:

Know it all.

#19 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

Damn that is hideous.
  • Nparker and Matt R. like this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#20 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:49 AM

Methinks Colwood is still searching for its architectural identity.

• Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users