APPROVED
The Row
Uses: condo, rental
Address: 1154 Johnson Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban Core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: 38 (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: in planning
The Row is a six-storey, 48-unit condominium and rental apartment project on Johnson Street at Chambers Street... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Row on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fernwood] The Row | condos, rentals | 6-storeys | approved

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:49 AM

Ya. Just don't live there. If you go and live there you are contributing to the "housing crisis".

Incredible, I can't wait for what they'll think up next.

#62 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

They could start by implementing a monitoring system and some goals.  Then if 3 years out the situation has not improved, they can stop doing the dumb sh&t they have tried and failed at.

Dean Fortin was in the news the other day saying social housing has  a 0.02% vacancy rate.  Not sure where he got that number, but it to me just shows you that the social housing providers are doing an absolutely dismal job.   

#63 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 37,722 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

Social housing in this region is supposed to be universally 100% full. That's its purpose, to be 100% full. So a 0.02% vacancy rate implies that at this time, in this market, there's a bunch of units sitting empty?????

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#64 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

Social housing in this region is supposed to be universally 100% full. That's its purpose, to be 100% full. So a 0.02% vacancy rate implies that at this time, in this market, there's a bunch of units sitting empty?????

I think that's only 2 of 10,000 units if my math is correct.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 12 August 2017 - 09:22 AM.

#65 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 37,722 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

68 so-called affordable units are sitting empty awaiting tenants on Blanshard at Caledonia, and many hundreds more are under construction throughout the region.

And is 844 Johnson not social housing? It's never 100% full.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users