• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:02 AM

http://www.timescolo...-city-1.2082651

I'm sad to see him go.  In my limited dealings with him he always seemed very competent.   And I thought he always projected a professional image for the City.

26 years, means he served under:

Gretchen Brewin
 David Turner
 Robert Cross
 Alan Lowe
 Dean Fortin
 Lisa Helps

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:55 AM

Rob Woodland, director of legislative services, left “by mutual agreement,” Mayor Lisa Helps said.

Woodland, who made $182,958 in 2014, was with the city for 26 years. -

See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.J4Fix4tc.dpuf

#3 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:42 PM

Our boys played soccer together and I dealt with him as a vendor as well....always a straight talking no bs guy....

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:21 PM

^ my observation too. He took my calls, returned my calls. Always straight-forward.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

^ my observation too. He took my calls, returned my calls. Always straight-forward.

He also took 6 boxes of JSB.org petitions and did it with class.

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:05 PM

He also took 6 boxes of JSB.org petitions and did it with class.

Yes, I was there.  Good stuff.

• Bingo likes this

#7 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:50 PM

Any ideas of it is retirement or if he is moving into the private sector?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#8 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:22 AM

I was wondering why I didn't see him sitting in chambers watching the verdict on St. Andrews.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#9 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:34 AM

I agree, he has always seemed to me to be a trustworthy, straight-up kind of guy. It was always amusing when during a complicated city council meeting and the mayor and council are unsure about the next step to have Woodland look up and tell them exactly what the options are. You get the feeling everyone could just go home and Rob could handle City Hall just fine. I'm curious about the "mutual agreement". There must be more to the story.

#10 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

I agree, he has always seemed to me to be a trustworthy, straight-up kind of guy. It was always amusing when during a complicated city council meeting and the mayor and council are unsure about the next step to have Woodland look up and tell them exactly what the options are. You get the feeling everyone could just go home and Rob could handle City Hall just fine. I'm curious about the "mutual agreement". There must be more to the story.

I am sure there is. No mention of how much the golden handshake cost

#11 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:23 AM

I am sure there is. No mention of how much the golden handshake cost

He's been with the city for 26 years, so whatever he gets is fine.

It's not like some of the others that came and went in the course of a few years after being ineffectual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users