Photo

Dragonboat Paddling - Rebel Alliance 2016

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 elizabunny

elizabunny
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

Rebel Alliance is starting its second dragonboat paddling season this spring 2016. We are a group of young professionals ages 18-35 years that enjoy fitness and hanging out. We had a successful and really fun season last year finishing in top division in every race festival. Awesome for a brand new team!

​We are searching for new paddlers to join us. Our criteria is that you must be in our age group and must have a commitment to fitness and learning how to paddle effectively. We can't have dead weight in the boat slowing us down.

​We practice Mondays and Wednesdays at 5:30pm at Fairway Gorge Paddling Club (2940 Jutland Road). The season will start Mon March 14th.

​The cost for the season is $420. This can be divided into monthly payments. This fee goes towards our coach, stern, boat rental, and race entrance fees. Our coach has 6+ years experience and does really amazing work.

​We will be participating in the following races:

​Supersprints - Sun 29 May 2016
​Nanaimo Festival - 9-10 July 2016
​Gorge Fest - Sat 6 Aug 2016
​Victoria Festival - 13-14 Aug 2016

More information - please contact team manager at eliza.lee05 at gmail.com

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

The Dragonboat races are on right now in the Inner Harbour.

Victoria-Dragon-Boat-race-August-2016.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

This is a pretty good event, in terms of participation.  It seems to me that it brings out people that might not be into such physical sports otherwise.

It seems folks are really proud to be part of a team, they have nice colourful uniforms etc. and each paddler takes his paddle home.  I really like what this thing brings out.

And it's nice for the unsuspecting tourists to stumble upon.

• Rob Randall and weirdie like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:42 AM

This is a pretty good event, in terms of participation.  It seems to me that it brings out people that might not be into such physical sports otherwise.

It seems folks are really proud to be part of a team, they have nice colourful uniforms etc. and each paddler takes his paddle home.  I really like what this thing brings out.

And it's nice for the unsuspecting tourists to stumble upon.

It should be an Olympic event.

#5 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:01 AM

Where are the anti-colonialism protesters? A hundred years ago we had First Nations racing canoes in the harbour now we have a new colonial power spreading their culture across the Pacific. ;)

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users