30 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:05 PM

Villa Eyrie Resort

http://islandmotorsp...a-eyrie-resort/

screenshot-islandmotorsportcircuit.com 2016-04-07 16-04-07.jpg screenshot-islandmotorsportcircuit.com 2016-04-07 16-03-36.jpg screenshot-islandmotorsportcircuit.com 2016-04-07 16-03-18.jpg screenshot-islandmotorsportcircuit.com 2016-04-07 16-02-56.jpg

Looking for a manager.  http://victoria.crai...5528388624.html

You'd think they'd get a head-hunter for that.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,665 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Formerly "The Aeire"?

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:14 PM

Formerly "The Aeire"?

Yes.  

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:27 AM

I really don't understand the model or the market they are targeting but good luck to them!

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:37 AM

I really don't understand the model or the market they are targeting but good luck to them!

High end motoring crowd. Lots of rich people will leave their race car at the track and fly in to race it around.
  • jonny and Dr. Barillas like this

#6 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:52 AM

Not just that, it will be used by the major German auto companies for driver training on new products and promotions. Next week Audi Canada is holding a large training session for its new R8 and a few other models. Flying in sales folks and others from all over Canada for this. It will be good for our economy
  • sebberry and jonny like this

#7 3isenough

3isenough
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

It will be great for local and semi local tourism, a helicopter ride away from Tofino for fishing charters, glacier adventures at Whistler, Okanagon wine tours, Golfing, Spas etc. Money will be no issue with the clientele and the wives that have no interest in the driving track will need some entertainment as well.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#8 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

It will be great for local and semi local tourism, a helicopter ride away from Tofino for fishing charters, glacier adventures at Whistler, Okanagon wine tours, Golfing, Spas etc. Money will be no issue with the clientele and the wives that have no interest in the driving track will need some entertainment as well.

I think that the original Aerie had nicer finishings, had an international reputation and they still had a hard time making a go of it. I just don't know if the market is there for a property like this. I guess we will find out.

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

I think that the original Aerie had nicer finishings, had an international reputation and they still had a hard time making a go of it. I just don't know if the market is there for a property like this. I guess we will find out.

When did the Aerie close?  The internet might have made this more viable now.  Remember, with things like Expedia or Air BNB or even Facebook, you can discount as deep as you want to to make your place 100% full if you want.  Now, you maybe do not want to give away $399 rooms for $49 ever, but you know what I mean.

#10 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:39 PM

I think it closed in 2009.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:44 PM

I think it closed in 2009.

Oh ya, you are right, we talked about it:

http://vibrantvictor...-new-ownership/

Well, things are very different now.  US economy and the internet.

#12 3isenough

3isenough
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:05 PM

I think with it being so closely connected to the Auto Group it will have a clientele base already established. And frankly, that type of clientele base don't search for the best deals on Expedia.

Did you see the original furnishings? I did. Ugh. Seriously dated in the lower buildings. The picture above is from the villa which was built around 2008 I believe and those furnishings are newer. (I've been in the buildings a few times over the last few years)

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

I think with it being so closely connected to the Auto Group it will have a clientele base already established. And frankly, that type of clientele base don't search for the best deals on Expedia.

Yes, that's true, but if you have 8 rooms left open this weekend, and it's already Thursday, you can now fill them with Expedia, that's not something you could do easily in 2009.  

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:33 AM

Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, and a slew of other booking sites were around long before 2009 -- and very popular. Little has changed in the world of online booking save for more competition and the popularity of AirBnB (which has been around since 2008, but VRBO predates it by over a decade).

The hotel/retreat died during the worst economic crisis since the earl 80's. It just couldn't hack it when so many factors were affecting luxury travel.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#15 insanelydeadlydisease

insanelydeadlydisease
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:20 PM

the wives that have no interest in the driving track will need some entertainment as well.

I'll have to remember that. Where do you think one could meet over of these trace car wives?
  • Mr_E_Squirrel and 3isenough like this

#16 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

I'll have to remember that. Where do you think one could meet over of these trace car wives?

maxresdefault.jpg

https://en.wikipedia...ush_(2013_film)

• 3isenough likes this

#17 3isenough

3isenough
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:02 PM

See if they're hiring a pool boy or a bartender at the resort?
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:12 AM

See if they're hiring a pool boy or a bartender at the resort?

They are hiring for most positions now, I guess it's opening soon.

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:38 AM

They are hiring for most positions now, I guess it's opening soon.

Now running radio ads to try to find staff.

Probably no surprise they will have a challenge filling the lower-end jobs.  I suspect the majority of housekeepers do not drive, or at least perhaps live in one-car families.

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

Now running radio ads to try to find staff.

Probably no surprise they will have a challenge filling the lower-end jobs.  I suspect the majority of housekeepers do not drive, or at least perhaps live in one-car families.

More ads now, looking for cooks.  Touting the free parking and the location "just 20 minutes from downtown", which might be a tiny stretch, I'd say.  30 minutes with light traffic though. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users