BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#141 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

Bad investment Mike.  This will be a ghost town when both the Pandora and Cook protected bike lanes go in.  Not enough room for cars will choke the life out of the area.

#142 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

Nagel, I'm about to give you heartburn.

My unit doesn't even have parking!

:rtfm:

• Nparker, grantpalin and nagel like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#143 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

I noticed that the Rexall is now vacant in the Medical Arts Building.  Perhaps construction will commence soon?

PS, I wonder if the existing building will have occupancy prior to the new building, simply because the reconfiguration of that structure into residential should (in theory) take less time than new building?  The new building will have excavation (for the underground parking), concrete pours, etc...

#144 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

The entire building I'd empty and doors locked. Tried to go for lab work on Monday.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#145 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

Good question! I don't know how the schedules line-up but I would imagine both buildings will be readied for occupancy at the same time, just for the sake of making things easier. They might stagger the occupancy by a few weeks, though.

Ok, so we've touched on this a little bit in recent days but I can confirm there is a price jump coming at the end of this week, and by the sounds of it, The Wade will kick off what other developers also have in-store for spring.

I can't speak to the actual pricing changes, however.

Price jump: Pre-sale condo prices to inch up ahead of spring buying rush

http://victoria.citi...ng-buying-rush/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#146 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

I saw that the MLS price for the 3 bedroom suite did in fact increase...

#147 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

What's the price now? It was $750k last week.

Know it all.

#148 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

It's now $779k...

Edited by Kapten Kapsell, 20 March 2017 - 06:53 AM.

#149 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

Thanks!

Know it all.

#150 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

Mike, is yours going to be the VV party suite? ;-)

#151 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

I'll see if I can buy up the ones adjacent to mine, and I'll let ya know  :banana:

• johnk likes this

Know it all.

#152 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

Mermaid Wharf beside the Janion, too. I believe but I'm not certain, that Max T., one of the developers, was also involved with building the Sussex office complex. I seem to recall he had some involvement with the project but I can't speak to specifics.

David Price, the other developer at Amadon-Westwater, built Swallows Landing in Esquimalt and has quite a number of projects under his wings off-Island.

Wasn't Max T. involved with the old Bambu project that morphed into Union and the CSV project beside Prima Strada?
  • Rob Randall likes this

#153 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Yes! The Bambu project for sure. I don't know what transpired with the Cook Street project. It took so long for approvals that other parties may have gotten involved.

Know it all.

#154 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

Yes, they claim the CSV as their project on their website.  Maybe they came in and bailed it out.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#155 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

There were a couple of different projects, I believe. One is where the pharmacy is (the little single-storey retail building) and the other is the four or three-storey condo dev.

Know it all.

#156 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

There were a couple of different projects, I believe. One is where the pharmacy is (the little single-storey retail building) and the other is the four or three-storey condo dev.

33. Essencia Verde - Cook Street Village, Victoria BC
Mixed-use development consisting of two buiidings, with 41 condominiums, townhomes and live/work, and 10,000 sq. ft. of retail space. Featuring rooftop gardens. Located in one of the most sought after premium locations in Victoria - now truly the heart of Cook Street Village.

http://www.amadongro...ects/index.html

34. 230 Cook Street, Victoria BC
Multi-tenancy development consisting of 13,000 sq. ft. of premium boutique retail space.

31. 1043 Sutlej St, Victoria, BC
This character property was purchased and renovated for its strategic location on Cook Street

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#157 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

There we go.

Know it all.

#158 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

Yes, the condo dev.
IIRC it was held up in wrangles and looked like it wouldn't get done. CSV nimbies were in on the action, there were name changes (was it Castana at one time then Essencia Verde?) and the project was completed by another group.
A bit hazy now, its a few years ago.

#159 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

Yes, that all make sense. After six (6!!) years of political wrangling the project was near death when it finally came together, and even then there were issues.

Anyways, what's done is done and Leonard Cole's 212 Cook project is, whether you want to view it this way or not, a product of the trials and tribulations Amadon had gone through to build their project in the CSV. Had it not been for that gong show 212 would either have never been approved or would have been drastically reduced.
  • johnk likes this

Know it all.

#160 Tigger

Tigger
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

I'm excited about this complex, but when studying the floor plans, I can't help but wonder if there wasn't some other option for the location of (or at least access to) this bathroom - and location of the laundry. There certainly must be a better way to configure this space. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 6.50.59 AM.png

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users