BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#261 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

Oh ok I getcha, yup, I'll be there to watch the first heaps of dirt get trucked away  :banana:

It has to be fun seeing one's home (or is it an investment property?) literally get built from the ground up.  :)

#262 tonyo

tonyo
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:24 AM

Just signed for a 2Bedroom and den on the 2nd floor.  Any buyers have any issues with the disclosure statement ( or the buyers agreement?)

thanks

tony

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#263 tonyo

tonyo
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

Any photos yet from the hole in the ground?  I'm in Vancouver and can't get over on a regular basis.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#264 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:18 PM

Hi tonyo, there's an update with the latest photo coming soon to Citified. The link will also be posted here.

Welcome to VV, and congratulations on your purchase!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#265 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Just signed for a 2Bedroom and den on the 2nd floor.  Any buyers have any issues with the disclosure statement ( or the buyers agreement?)

thanks

tony

Congrats Tony!

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#266 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

Excavation-begins-at-The-Wade-condo-development-in-Harris-Green.jpg

Situated along Cook Street between Pandora Avenue and Johnson Street, The Wade condominium's underground parking excavation has begun. The full refit of the historic Medical Arts Building into condominiums began earlier this summer.

Excavation begins at The Wade condo development in Harris Green

http://victoria.citi...n-harris-green/

Excavation has begun at the site of The Wade, a five-storey, 102-unit condominium and ground floor retail complex on the edge of downtown Victoria’s Harris Green district.

Comprised of what will become a restored Medical Arts Building – one of Victoria’s most renowned examples of modernist architecture – and a new-build wing to its south, The Wade mixes old with new in an all-concrete lowrise development east of the city centre.

“We are very excited to have excavators on-site,” said developer David Price, partner at Victoria-based Tenfold Projects. “Crews are ripping up the surface parking lot today and by Wednesday there will be lots of visible progress.”

Although not nearly as big of a visual draw as excavators and trucks, remediation of The Wade’s historic wing began earlier this summer as workers began gutting the interior of the storied office building in preparation for a modern retrofit.

“You wouldn’t have necessarily noticed it when walking by but we began construction of The Wade months ago,” Price said, adding that the Medical Arts Building’s remediation was always considered the “first step of moving the project from a conceptual stage to reality” while excavation would signal the start of construction of the new-build wing and its underground component. [Full article]

• Kapten Kapsell and Nparker like this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#267 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

Good news- How many levels of underground parking will be accommodated under the new building ?  I assume 2 levels as there is no underground parking in the 'original' building, but I know that not every unit here will have parking...

#268 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

I "think" two levels? I'll have to double check that.

Know it all.

#269 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

What is the latest proposed completion date?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#270 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Early 2019. I *think* the renovation might be completed ahead of the new-build, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will receive occupancy independent of the new-build.

Know it all.

#271 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

Isn't this a bit over the top?!?

"one of Victoria’s most renowned examples of modernist architecture"
  • Nparker likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#272 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

It was a very progressive building for its time (erected in the early 1950's). It's not a looker today, for sure, but back when it was built it was a landmark building for that area of town and despite its exterior cosmetic flaws it is structurally very sound.

Know it all.

#273 bpetrie3

bpetrie3
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

It has been over a month since the last photo of a machine digging up the asphalt parking lot. Does anyone know if there has been any more progress on the new build?  I am from the mainland but one month ago I walked by the Juke Box construction site which is a new build nearby in a similar selling phase as the Wade and it was a hive of activity- excavation complete, foundation in place, floors poured.  Does anyone know if the Wade has a construction schedule other than an estimated end date?

#274 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

It has been over a month since the last photo of a machine digging up the asphalt parking lot. Does anyone know if there has been any more progress on the new build?  I am from the mainland but one month ago I walked by the Juke Box construction site which is a new build nearby in a similar selling phase as the Wade and it was a hive of activity- excavation complete, foundation in place, floors poured.  Does anyone know if the Wade has a construction schedule other than an estimated end date?

Oh yeah, they're digging down and shoring the walls. Work has also been underway on the remediation of the Medical Arts Building since May.

Jukebox was at the stage of excavation The Wade is in now back in June of 2016, so well over a year ago. For one reason or another, the developers at The Jukebox opted to move forward with construction prior to launching sales. Tenfold moved forward with pre-sales prior to launching into construction, which is the more common practice in Victoria.

Either way we should expect to see excavation completed and construction on the new-build's foundation starting by late 2017 or early 2018 but that also depends on how much rock exists below the surface.

For larger photos see: http://victoria.citi...ondos/the-wade/

The-Wade-September-18-2017.jpg

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#275 bpetrie3

bpetrie3
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

Thanks for the explanation, photos and update!

• Mike K. likes this

#276 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

The sales centre has now closed and the remaining units, about ten, are available through the sales centre for Westbay Quay at 453 Head Street in Esquimalt. - http://victoria.citi...-estate-market/

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#277 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

IMG_5749.JPG IMG_5747.JPG IMG_5748.JPG

• Nparker, todd and bpetrie3 like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#278 bpetrie3

bpetrie3
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

Thanks for the pic's

#279 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

Another out-of-town buyer here (2BR). We purchased in March but have only found this site today. Thank you for all the updates. Our plan to move to Victoria to be nearer my mother was accelerated by the election of the chief twit here in the US.

As regards the question about electric car charging, we spoke at length about this with the sales office and developer. There are supposed to be 2 charging stations in the public parking area, we then requested and received an addendum to have our parking space in the private area wired for installation of our own private EVSE (the additional cost was not exorbitant). We had previously spoken to 3 other builders who were not willing to wire for private EVSE's.

• VicHockeyFan and johnk like this

#280 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:00 PM

Welcome to VV, C!

• CitoyenduMonde likes this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users