BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#461 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:22 PM

^I'm sure there is, but 4 on a new construction site?  There is more than 4 working on a new single family house.  They broke ground on this when?  16 months ago?  What are you trying to say, the pace of this job is acceptable?

That's not so bad for a Sunday, is it?

Pic was taken on Friday.  Not sure where you get Sunday from

#462 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

I counted seven guys in the new-build portion and I wasn't really looking for workers, but I've got a photo taken (also) on Friday that shows six in one frame. 

Construction of the structure started in April, so six months on their progress is pretty good.

I think you're thinking too much into it. Look at this photo of Hudson Place One taken on August 31. I count four guys.

hudson.jpeg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#463 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

^I think everyone can agree that the Hudson is coming out of the hole quickly while the Wade is slow.  There is zero chance they will make their completion date of August/September even started to build at pre boom speeds.  Isn't that August/September date also a revised date as well?

You think the progress is normal speed?

#464 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

Everyone is delayed in our region. Nobody is finishing on time, projects are under-staffed, material wait times are longer than expected, costs are rising.

I think the progress they've made since starting construction in April is pretty good.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#465 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:15 AM

I see a concrete pump truck in frame.

Maybe everyone is on a break either just before or just after a concrete pour?

So I count 4 guys on this entire jobsite, now we know why this one is moving at a snails pace.  Someone is dreaming if they think this is going to be done by August/September

#466 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:11 PM

Everyone is delayed in our region. Nobody is finishing on time, projects are under-staffed, material wait times are longer than expected, costs are rising.

I think the progress they've made since starting construction in April is pretty good.

I assume you mean April 2017 because that's about when the job started

Yes every job is behind schedule, some are over 1 year and facing huge backcharges by subcontractors and some are only a few months

Anyway, there is zero chance this job will be complete by late summer next year

#467 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:12 PM

1.5 floors in six months is... not so good. Isn’t one floor every 1.5 to 2.5 weeks typical depending on the floor plate? Although underground parking does take longer, and point taken Mike about many projects falling behind schedule. In fact I’ve given up going out of my way to see how Black and White, Wade and Save On on Pandora are progressing because it’s like watching paint dry.

#468 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:12 PM

Above ground, yes, but foundations take a heck of a longer time.

Tjv, excavation and blasting started way back but construction of the new-build began in April of this year.

Know it all.

#469 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:27 AM

Zoomer 1.5 to 2.5 weeks is typical on above ground, usually called "typicals" because they are all the same.  Below ground is much more complex as nothing is the same and is on a slope as is ramps down in elevation ever. 

Still the progress on this job is pathetic IMO.  I know the demo/abatement of the existing building didn't go well and the owners brought in someone else do to the asbestos windows.  I know a few other things but I won't reveal them right now

#470 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

This is where we cross into that territory when if you make statements like "didn't go well," you need to make such statements under your own name or not make them at all. We've been down that road on this forum already and we've no interest in any construction-related conspiracy theories or he-said-she-said's. I think you can appreciate where we're coming from, tjv.

Know it all.

#471 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,309 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

seems everything is slow look at jukebox every time i go by it looks the same. 

#472 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:54 AM

The only one that seems to be going up with any kind of speed is 989 Johnson.
  • Nparker likes this

#473 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:49 PM

October 19th

Attached Images

• IMG_8621.JPG
  • IMG_8623.JPG
  • IMG_8625.JPG

• Nparker and 2F2R like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#474 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:02 AM

October 19

The-Wade-October-19-2018d.jpg

The-Wade-October-19-2018c.jpg

The-Wade-October-19-2018b.jpg

The-Wade-October-19-2018a.jpg

The-Wade-October-19-2018e.jpg

The-Wade-October-19-2018f.jpg

Know it all.

#475 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:05 AM

Is there going to be any physical connection between the 2 buildings?

#476 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

You mean like a seagull standing on the roof with one foot on one part and one foot on the other?

#477 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:18 AM

Yes, the two buildings will be connected.

Know it all.

#478 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:04 PM

Nov 2nd

Attached Images

• IMG_8789.JPG
  • IMG_8787.jpg

• zoomer and kitty surprise like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#479 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:49 AM

How much are the studios in this building that originally sold for 258K worth in today's market?

#480 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:01 PM

How much are the studios in this building that originally sold for 258K worth in today's market?

Not even our expert realtor can answer this question?!? The answer is approximately 330k 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users