BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#601 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:16 AM

So have they started pouring the roof yet?

Pretty close. The fourth floor "floor" is being prepped for a concrete pour now and rebar is in place for the pillars. We'll see the concrete pour take place this week or next, followed by the roof.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#602 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:36 AM

It looks like the balcony and the pillars on the courtyard facing northernmost apartment in the new building have not yet been poured or prepped. Perhaps they will be poured together with the fourth floor "floor". Thanks for the new photos.

#603 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

Also in Marko's photos you can see black holes/objects where the balconies will be attached on the old-build portion.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#604 Zzz

Zzz
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:25 PM

Does anyone know the rules around occupancy dates? How much notice do they have to give us if they change it from September?

#605 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:29 PM

Oh it’ll be September.

2020 that is.

#606 Zzz

Zzz
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:11 PM

Oh it’ll be September.

2020 that is.

That may be true haha. But there must be a rule in when they have to tell us. We are less than 3 months away from the date. They haven't given us an update in a couple months. Last we heard they said they were on schedule. How long can they lie to us! lol

#607 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:18 PM

It’ll get pushed back for sure, but I’m not sure when they’ll formally announce it.

What was the exact completion date, if you know?

Know it all.

#608 Zzz

Zzz
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:48 PM

It’ll get pushed back for sure, but I’m not sure when they’ll formally announce it.

What was the exact completion date, if you know?

Not sure about completion date but occupancy date is September 2019. I assume completion date has to be before that?

• Mike K. likes this

#609 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:55 PM

Subsequent to the notification of the September date, I heard second half of October, but I expect that to slide to November. Maybe I'm gullible, but I do think it will be complete before year end. We have sold our current home, with a closing date of no earlier than October 1st and no later than October 30th.

#610 Holmes

Holmes
  • Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:43 PM

As I’ve been saying all along early 2020 at best for occupancy. No windows, no topping out and still have to build new 4 story structure and outfit 100+ units.

I tried to ask for assignment and got denied. After he assured my of autumn delivery lol. It doesn’t even matter for me, I’m in van and was an investment property but feel like these guys need to stop lying to those like above that have sold homes and are relying on these wack dates. It takes longer to do a house Reno then the timeframe they are suggesting that long list to be done.

Good luck

#611 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:37 AM

Subsequent to the notification of the September date, I heard second half of October, but I expect that to slide to November. Maybe I'm gullible, but I do think it will be complete before year end. We have sold our current home, with a closing date of no earlier than October 1st and no later than October 30th.

It’s such a tricky labour situation right now with sub-trades suddenly pushing back by six weeks or starting work at short intervals, etc. It’s tough.

Abstract just announced they’re pushing back again, this time to early fall from late summer but there are no exact dates.

What happens with these extensions is because they can be a complicated undertaking (in Wade’s case over 100-units) the volume of work required when changing statements, if necessary, is huge. At least here the uptick in value was so high for so many purchasers that hardly anybody minds.

Does anyone remember the outside completion date in the statement?

Know it all.

#612 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:41 AM

As I’ve been saying all along early 2020 at best for occupancy. No windows, no topping out and still have to build new 4 story structure and outfit 100+ units.

I tried to ask for assignment and got denied. After he assured my of autumn delivery lol. It doesn’t even matter for me, I’m in van and was an investment property but feel like these guys need to stop lying to those like above that have sold homes and are relying on these wack dates. It takes longer to do a house Reno then the timeframe they are suggesting that long list to be done.

Good luck

Since when are assignments forbidden? Does your initial sales contract forbid them? Provincial law doesn't, as long as you inform the seller, IIRC.

#613 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:43 AM

There are assignments already. But the developer has the right to not allow them, because assignments can compete with an active sales campaign. But in this instance the project is sold-out, and the developer actually recovers a fee for allowing them, so there’s no issue.

I went past the site this morning. The roof of the fourth floor is underway!

Know it all.

#614 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:49 AM

Re-read the new rules around assignments. I see no reason why the developer would deny an assignment if sales are completed, and the developer gets any profit from it anyways (the standard assignment contract rules).

#615 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:58 AM

No, there’s little to no justification to deny them once sold-out, but whatever contract you signed, you signed. That still stands irrespective of any rule changes. But in this case the developer just wants to be notified of the assignment, and has to give the ok for listing on MLS.

Know it all.

#616 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:04 PM

June 07. Supports are now being set into place for the roof pour.

The-Wade-June-07-2019.jpg

• Nparker likes this
Know it all.

#617 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

*Sidewalk update*

No change. 

#618 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:05 PM

You also can’t walk along the sidewalk of the 989 project, I don’t think?

Know it all.

#619 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,735 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:32 PM

You also can’t walk along the sidewalk of the 989 project, I don’t think?

Not yet, but it looks like preparation for the new sidewalk along Johnson is well underway.

#620 Holmes

Holmes
  • Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:37 PM

Re-read the new rules around assignments. I see no reason why the developer would deny an assignment if sales are completed, and the developer gets any profit from it anyways (the standard assignment contract rules).

Developers can deny for any reason. I think it’s because I threatened a lawsuit over realtor com lol.

Developers in van stopped allowing assignments to keep price integrity and ensure closing - Vancouver house being the prime example.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users