BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#641 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:49 PM

It is official, the completion date has been postponed once again. The third amendment to the disclosure statement, filed on June 11 2019, says that the first date that a development unit within the Development may be legally occupied will be between October 31, 2019 and January 31, 2020.

• Mike K. likes this

#642 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

Yah.. no. Summer 2020 at the earliest.
  • Holmes likes this

#643 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:08 PM

Some Vaporwade going on here.

#644 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:58 PM

It is official, the completion date has been postponed once again. The third amendment to the disclosure statement, filed on June 11 2019, says that the first date that a development unit within the Development may be legally occupied will be between October 31, 2019 and January 31, 2020.

Yeah, that makes more sense.

I wonder if they’ll stagger the occupancy between the old and new portions?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#645 Holmes

Holmes
  • Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:31 PM

Yup spring 2020 would we an achievement at this point. I’m thinking summer like Kevin.

Glad mike is now convinced.

I don’t think they will stagger, can make for a lot of problems from what I’ve seen. They will just keep pushing occupancy date.

At this point I’ve seen 30 story condos built in van and complete before this will be. They might set a record with this one lol

#646 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:10 AM

Construction of the new structure and remediation of the old structure started in the first week of June, 2018.

30-storey buildings are built in 12 months in Vancouver?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#647 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,849 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:53 AM

I don’t know holmes. what’s the hurry. I don’t think many buyers are currently homeless due to the delays.

#648 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:35 AM

I have another presale which feels like it has been taking forever to complete but it is what it is. No need to be a princess about it everyones in the same boat at every project.

Edited by Banksy, 24 June 2019 - 07:35 AM.

#649 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:57 AM

The developer is likely to burn 7 figures in interest due to the delays so it is in their best interest to reach completion asap, but such are current labour shortage circumstances.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#650 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:14 AM

The Holmes chap gets burned by the developer who won't give him assignment rights. Vendetta time. Project is longest construction sit ein history completion is delayed 4eva bla bla bla bla lol lol lol.

What kind of an idiot craps all over a project then whines he can't get an assignment then craps all over a project some more. What are schools teaching nowadays how to self destruct your investments? lol x 6. I've sat here quietly for months observing the complaining and I'm calling a spade a spade.

• Matt R. likes this

#651 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

Ok, it's time for some civility here, please. Banksy, take it easy.

All we have on completion estimates is what the developer provides. Everything else is hearsay. We all know the construction industry in Victoria is facing labour shortages and prolonged construction timelines, and this is beyond the control of developers.

Know it all.

#652 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:24 AM

Yup spring 2020 would we an achievement at this point. I’m thinking summer like Kevin.

Glad mike is now convinced.

I don’t think they will stagger, can make for a lot of problems from what I’ve seen. They will just keep pushing occupancy date.

At this point I’ve seen 30 story condos built in van and complete before this will be. They might set a record with this one lol

I have communicated with the developers (both David and Max) on multiple occasions and must say that they have always been very amenable and forthcoming in providing updates. I suppose it would be nice if they were proactive in supplying these updates rather than reactive, but I don't have any issues with that. Their intention with the newest update is to set the best (start of November) and worst (end of January) case scenarios for delivery. As MarkoJ states above, it is in the best interest of the developers to deliver as soon as possible and they gain no benefit by delaying construction. They have every realistic intention to have occupancy before the end of the year and have made arrangements with the trades to reflect this. Personally, as long as I get a two-month notice of when occupancy will happen, I am happy.

#653 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:08 AM

June 30th, 2019

Attached Images

• IMG_6866.jpeg
  • Capture.PNG
  • IMG_6868.jpeg
  • IMG_6869.jpeg
  • IMG_6870.jpeg
  • IMG_6871.jpeg

• CitoyenduMonde and Promontory Kingpin like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#654 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:13 PM

So the extension on the old building Pandora and the third floor on the north east extension still need to be poured.

#655 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:34 AM

I wonder how much the developer saved by making use of the old building's structure. Or would it have been cheaper if they had torn it down? Was a promise to use the old building part of what made their development approvable? Any thoughts? 

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#656 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:04 AM

July 19

The-Wade-July-19-2019a.jpg

The-Wade-July-19-2019b.jpg

The-Wade-July-19-2019c.jpg

The-Wade-July-19-2019d.jpg

• Nparker, jonny and CitoyenduMonde like this
Know it all.

#657 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 03:42 PM

A new update on the progress of the building has been sent out by the developers today.

They say that the concrete for the entire roof of the South (new) building has been poured and that the structure is complete with rough-in primary plumbing mostly complete, with suite layouts and demising walls having been started.

As for the North (old existing) building, the concrete foundation of the annex (new extension of the existing building) is complete as is the wiring and plumbing of the existing part. Drywall is all ready to start as soon as the glazing is installed. The elevators in the North building have already been installed.

The underground garage structure is also complete and they are installing the bicycle storage areas.

If no new delays occur, delivery should occur in late fall (i.e. late November or early December)

#658 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 04:01 PM

If no new delays occur, delivery should occur in late fall (i.e. late November or early December)

This still seems optimistic to me, but time will tell.

#659 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,849 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

^ ^ cue the doubters.  and negative posters.  and probably some controversy.   :muching_out:

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 July 2019 - 04:16 PM.

#660 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:14 AM

Also cue the Earth is Not Flat-ers!  

So they're estimating 4 months eh.  Ok, let's look at another project that is similar in size (actually a little smaller) and only separated by a couple blocks.  Here is Black and White 4 months ago in MarkoJ's post, March 31st - the same B & W that is still not ready for occupancy.

https://vibrantvicto...ction/?p=486210  

post-1484-0-58364500-1554210818.jpeg

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users