BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#721 xPETEx

xPETEx
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:03 PM

Not sure how the projects projected profitability can remain unchanged when the delivery is a year + behind schedule and they are paying high interest rates on deposits as per their marketing and sales program.

They promised a 10% interest on the deposit. But that's not per annum. That's 10% one time. Doesn't matter how long it takes. The wording was weird, and I asked when we purchased, and the sales lady confirmed it's a 10% one time. Not per annum.

#722 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:13 PM

I haven't been contacted about this. I didn't even realize we get a final say lol. I can barely remember what the sample products look like 2+ years later.

Good to know my client isn’t the only one who hasn’t been contacted to sign off. Kind of worrisome that finishing materials have probably already been ordered so who knows what you will end up with.

I actually went back into my emails with the platinum marketing team who launched the building because I asked about this. Here was his response copy and paste:

“You will actually get a chance to sit with the designer and review all colours and materials pertaining to the finishings prior to ordering. This is actually stated on your agreement on the colour scheme addendum.”

That is a serious headache to organize that many buyers for different materials. Never seen that in pre sale contracts for a building of this size.

#723 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:23 PM

Good to know my client isn’t the only one who hasn’t been contacted to sign off. Kind of worrisome that finishing materials have probably already been ordered so who knows what you will end up with.

The finishing you asked for is my guess.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#724 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:30 PM

I actually went back into my emails with the platinum marketing team who launched the building because I asked about this. Here was his response copy and paste:

“You will actually get a chance to sit with the designer and review all colours and materials pertaining to the finishings prior to ordering. This is actually stated on your agreement on the colour scheme addendum.”

That is a serious headache to organize that many buyers for different materials. Never seen that in pre sale contracts for a building of this size.

Write the developer and confirm it with them. Come on this is literally your job.

#725 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:36 PM

When we got our unit via assignment a few months back, we were told the original buyers had already picked their color schemes and they could not be changed because the materials had already been ordered, so I assume that would be the case for everyone's chosen materials?

#726 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

I honestly can't even remember what I chose. I'll have to look at the agreement as I know I had changed my mind quite early on in the process, possibly within the seven day recision period.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#727 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:25 AM

anyone have an email to the wade admin?  My email changed and I'm not getting any of the infrequent updates.

Thanks

#728 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:16 AM

I walked by the site this morning and the windows have started to go in on the courtyard-facing side of the north building.

Attached Images

• IMG_20191019_103642.jpg

• Nparker, cathawk, newbie_01 and 1 other like this

#729 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:25 PM

Nice!

What a difference that makes.

Know it all.

#730 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 03:55 PM

Looks good.. the black and white contrast will look sharp.

Thought they might tint the windows more as those courtyard homes wont have much privacy, i guess thats what blinds are for.. Either way looks good 

#731 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 04:52 PM

A significant amount of brick is now on the facade of the new (south) building...

#732 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:53 AM

November 1st

The-Wade-November-1-2019f.jpg

The-Wade-November-1-2019a.jpg

The-Wade-November-1-2019b.jpg

The-Wade-November-1-2019c.jpg

The-Wade-November-1-2019d.jpg

The-Wade-November-1-2019e.jpg

• Nparker and Kramer like this
Know it all.

#733 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:51 AM

Can someone post an original rendering? Did it have that brick and coloured glass?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#734 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:07 AM

Yes, the brick was part of the renderings and so was the two-toned glass. Note that the white is not the glass, that's just the surface behind the glass.

Here's the sales website: http://thewade.ca/

Know it all.

#735 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:12 PM

thanks for posting updated pictures.

here is a pic of the original model.

Whats interesting is the retrofit of the north section actually showed the vertical height of the windows being the same as the original building. From the pics above it looks like made with windows almost floor to ceiling (minus a couple feet at the roof). The is becomes clear when looking at the bottom of each balcony. It showing its flush to the ground in the photos above. Looks much better, nice adjustment. Turns out the north section might have as much/ more window coverage then the new south given the amount of brick. 

IMG_0031-3000x2000.jpg

#736 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, that's a good catch. I recall during the sales program there was talk about floor-to-ceiling windows in that section but it was not depicted on the model, or something to that effect.

Know it all.

#737 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:26 AM

Looks better than the model hands down. Do we know the tenant list yt or will that be announced later on?

#738 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:03 PM

November 7th, 2019

20191107_153600.jpg

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#739 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

Any more progress with window installation? If any one could take a pic of the new north section would be curious to see the progress.

#740 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:11 PM

Any more progress with window installation? If any one could take a pic of the new north section would be curious to see the progress.

I walked by yesterday, but didn't take any pictures unfortunately. It looked like the majority of the windows on the courtyard facing side of the old building had been installed, with some of the black frames in place on the outside along Johnson too.

No windows in the new south building yet, but there are steel frames that I believe the windows and black frames get attached to.

The annex to the old building looks to be the least finished from what I could tell. No steel frames for windows, no tarps to keep the interior dry, etc.

I'll see if I can take some pictures this weekend if no one else has posted any by then.

Edited by scotto203, 18 November 2019 - 06:12 PM.

• Kramer likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users