BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#741 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:27 AM

....with some of the black frames in place on the outside along Johnson too.

Whoops, I meant Cook not Johnson.

#742 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:52 AM

November 24th

Attached Images

• IMG_20191124_091848.jpg
  • IMG_20191124_091913.jpg
  • IMG_20191124_092008.jpg
  • IMG_20191124_092055.jpg
  • IMG_20191124_092135.jpg
  • IMG_20191124_092259.jpg

• Nparker and Kramer like this

#743 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:06 AM

That’s great, thank you.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#744 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:11 PM

Nice to see some progress but they have a LOT of work to do still. Even if the windows are installed by the new year looking at at least 6 months to build out 100+ units

#745 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:06 PM

Nice to see some progress but they have a LOT of work to do still. Even if the windows are installed by the new year looking at at least 6 months to build out 100+ units

At the beginning of October the developers told me that occupancy would not be before March or April if they started getting regular delivery of framing and glazing (the glazing subcontractor was promising bi-weekly deliveries and installation of glazing) and given how little work has been done in the last month and a half, I would expect that estimation is already out the window. Half of the windows already installed on the courtyard side were installed in the first week of November. The remaining were installed in the last week. This corresponds to the bi-weekly deliveries that the developers spoke of. No work in installing the glazing appears to have been done in the intervening week. Looking at the percent of the glazing delivered and installed in these two bi-weekly deliveries (about one eighth of the total window surface was installed in each of these deliveries), and extrapolating the time required to install the glazing for the full building, there would be at least another 6 weeks of actual work to complete the rest if they have the framing and glazing readily available. If there is one week of idle time between deliveries, this means 11 weeks until the full glazing is completed. Then once the glazing fully encloses the building they can do the interiors which will likely require another month per floor.

• Kramer likes this

#746 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:23 PM

I’ll be interesting to see how this all comes together. The Johnson Street side looks like a well built apartment building from the late 1970s... hopefully the ground floor adds some colour and life.

Final occupancy - could even be as late as January 2021?!

Here’s Black and White, much further ahead about 10.5 months ago:

https://vibrantvicto...ction/?p=474255

#747 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 04:07 PM

Yeah hate to say it but could be a year away based on delays we’ve seen so far..

Wonder how long they will wait until they tell buyers cause April move in is a joke. My guess is they will keep renters on there toes and wait until February lol.

#748 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 04:29 PM

Who receives occupancy first: The Wade or Hudson Place One?

#749 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:21 PM

Who receives occupancy first: The Wade or Hudson Place One?

Hudson=townline=Rick=tender=efficiency

#750 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:44 AM

Went by the building site yesterday (December 6). They have installed almost all of the glazing on the Cook street side of the North building (old building) but still don't have the finish outside profiles. They were hard at work installing the profiles used to accept the glazing on the old portion on the Pandora side of the North building. The annex to the North building is however still a long way off, it looks like they only have the concrete structure and nothing more. On the courtyard side they still have less than half the glazing installed, all of it on the North building only and I was not able to discern the installation of profiles to accept any glazing on the South building, so it doesn't look like they have made any more progress in the glazing since the photos of November 17th posted by Scotto203. 

Attached Images

• IMG_5297.jpg
  • IMG_5298.jpg
  • IMG_5299.jpg
  • IMG_5300.jpg
  • IMG_5301.jpg

#751 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for posting, getting hard to look at at this point.

I don’t understand why they didn’t start installing windows on the north section months (or years ago). Seems like their scheduling is non existent. multitasking trades doesn’t seem to be the developers/ gc competency.

Probably about 20% of windows installed in almost 2 months (and those installed aren’t 100% finished).. so they can start the interior build out by summer 2020? Lol

#752 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:59 AM

It’s up to the window supply firm to install the windows, as we were told earlier in this thread.

They couldn’t install the windows on the north slide as they had to cut the concrete and install the balconies first. You also don’t start with windows as there’s a high likelihood they’ll be damaged during construction.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#753 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:14 AM

And another note, window installation has to be done by a specialized crew, oftentimes the manufacturer. This is a key part of the facade and it has to be done right. We knew there was a delay manufacturing the windows and that pushed things back, but that’s just the market right now with manufacturers going all out supplying southwestern BC.

Know it all.

#754 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:08 AM

Photos from Dec. 16th.

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 2b.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg
  • 6.jpg
  • 7.jpg
  • 7b.jpg
  • 8.jpg
  • 9.jpg
  • 10.jpg
  • 11.jpg

• Nparker likes this

#755 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:14 AM

It's going to be a cool building when complete...I'm just not sure anyone alive today is going to be able to enjoy it.  ;)

• Mike K., scotto203 and CitoyenduMonde like this

#756 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:07 AM

Have any other owners received official notice of a delay (outside of the newsletter they sent out in November)? I think the latest document I've signed says December completion, but I'm fairly sure that isn't happening :P

#757 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:10 AM

...I think the latest document I've signed says December completion...

Does that document specify December 2019?

• scotto203 likes this

#758 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:19 AM

Good point, maybe they left out the year entirely!

• Nparker likes this

#759 Kramer

Kramer
  • Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:25 AM

So a month since the last photos and they managed to install framing on half the north side and like 10 windows.

Never a good sign when the crane is still on site 4 months from ‘expected’ occupancy lol

#760 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 03:53 AM

Have any other owners received official notice of a delay (outside of the newsletter they sent out in November)? I think the latest document I've signed says December completion, but I'm fairly sure that isn't happening :P

The last document signed by the buyers that I am aware of stated September 31, 2019 occupancy. There was then an amendment sent out, dated June 6, 2019, that set the occupancy at some time between November 1st 2019 and January 31st 2020. This was never signed off by buyer as best as I can tell. Subsequently there was a newsletter of November 2019 on the protected webpage (see below), but this too was not signed off by the buyers.

The November update reads:

OCCUPANCY:

The Wade is on budget, but due to curtainwall (window frame) delivery delays, we are now scheduled for a March 2020 occupancy permit. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)