Victoria Times Colonist | Article discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
235 replies to this topic

#21 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:17 AM

Okay... well it got locked I know that... now it's unlocked?

EDIT: Its also missing a major portion of the conversation about a realtor not being needed? I should know, I made most of it.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 28 April 2016 - 06:22 AM.

Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#22 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:25 AM

I think I remember the thread you mean, and it wasn't that one. I suspect it was one of the discussions that started in a thread with a different name and original subject.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:43 AM

We've never locked a thread on account of an advertiser. We've locked a lot of threads because the conversation went south or became a moderating nightmare. Moderating can be tiresome, at times, and when a moderator does take action it's often a source of anger or frustration for some individuals.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

Moderating can be tiresome, at times, and when a moderator does take action it's often a source of anger or frustration for some individuals.

I'd be frustrated too if my VV alarm clock kept going off in the middle of the night and I would have to call all the angry moderators over for a conflab about ______'s post.... but most of us are careful not to do that in the middle of the night because we really do care for your wellbeing.  :thumbsup: 

#25 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:11 AM

Let the on-topic posts begin.

#26 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:25 AM

Let the on-topic posts begin.

I thought the may go calendar in today's print edition was informative yet visually enlightening, well put together overall.

Also: you can guess who the number three is but Knox and Akis are the top two.

• VicHockeyFan and Benezet like this

#27 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

^ Don't you have anything nice to say? Why do you come here?

#28 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

Oops too late.

#29 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

Hmmm, we're tired of this. Your post has been removed and unless you care to engage in a constructive manner your account will be banned. It's your choice.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#30 RoadRunner

RoadRunner
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

Okay... well it got locked I know that... now it's unlocked?

EDIT: Its also missing a major portion of the conversation about a realtor not being needed? I should know, I made most of it.

I think I remember the thread you mean, and it wasn't that one. I suspect it was one of the discussions that started in a thread with a different name and original subject.

It might be this thread...

http://vibrantvictor...or-trademarked/

#31 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:00 AM

That was it!

#32 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:13 AM

And what?

#33 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

How can it be it if you claim you made most of the comments? You have three small comments in a row, that's all, in a thread that turned into bashing. So we closed it following G-man's warning. If you equate that with favouritism then clearly we need to agree to disagree and move on.

Know it all.

#34 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:47 AM

First I said I made most of the comments in regards to not needing a realtor. Please point our how it was bashing to discuss how people have sold a property without a realtor, and felt one was not needed. More bashing comments have been made by those whom have made comments about sex in Beacon Hill park! I moved on... you are the one on the defensive.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 29 April 2016 - 05:48 AM.

#35 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:13 AM

You have three one line comments half way through.

If you're going to insinuate that we prioritize advertisers on VV and question our integrity, I'm going to respond accordingly. And if that thread is the source of all this wasted time discussing a non-issue, I think we can put that silly accusation to rest.

This thread is ridiculously off topic. I'm pulling the plug on any further off-topic posts in this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Know it all.

#36 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:16 AM

I'm unfamiliar with that case, but would it perchance be the same realtor who spent a lot on ads here?

#37 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:38 AM

I think we need to get back to the main topic of not talking about the Times Colonist.
  • Matt R. and RoadRunner like this

#38 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

I think we need to get back to the main topic of not talking about the Times Colonist.

We might have phrased our original statement wrong. You can say all you want about the TC.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#39 aastra

aastra
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:24 AM

I'd be frustrated too if my VV alarm clock kept going off in the middle of the night...

How's that official VV alarm clock working out for you? I liked the idea of being gently stirred awake by construction sounds and I was tempted to buy one when Vibrant Victoria's online shop had them on sale for $299, but I missed my chance and now they're back up to the regular price.

#40 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

How's that official VV alarm clock working out for you? I liked the idea of being gently stirred awake by construction sounds and I was tempted to buy one when Vibrant Victoria's online shop had them on sale for $299, but I missed my chance and now they're back up to the regular price.

You are probably next in line to get the VV 10 year Gold Watch that comes with an automatic naughty posting alert alarm.

• http likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users