235 replies to this topic

#41 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:20 PM

13118987_1180163008670036_10438498140211

• Jill and todd like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#42 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:58 AM

http://www.timescolo...grows-1.2249404

Dave Obee: Times Colonist readership grows

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#43 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:54 PM

I'm not sure I follow. Was there a different link you meant to include?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#44 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

I'm not sure I follow. Was there a different link you meant to include?

Whoops, fixed.

#45 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:31 PM

Whoops, fixed.

Still not taking me there, just redirects me to: http://vibrantvictor...nd-radio-media/      :mad:

#46 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:42 AM

If you were going to have photos associated with the following article, what do you suppose would be the most obvious? A picture of the house perhaps?

http://www.timescolo...dmark-1.2243783

Not so the Times-Colonist, who seem to have been unable to get Google Streetview to function by their press deadline. So for your visual enlightenment, I give you the following:

Wentworth.JPG

A fairly interesting article though.

#47 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:57 AM

Whoops, fixed.

Still not taking me there, just redirects me to: http://vibrantvictor...nd-radio-media/      :mad:

I fixed it :)

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#48 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

I fixed it :)

:) :)  :)  :)  :)

:)

:)                           :banana:                          

:)

#49 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

How weird is it that these two articles appeared adjacent to each other on today's T-C online:

Capture.JPG

I assume the use of fishing line will NOT be one of the recommended means of assisted dying in the new regulations.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#50 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:02 PM

So there was an article in the TC today penned by Tim Petruk  in the Kamloops This Week paper...

KAMLOOPS, B.C. - A Kamloops, B.C., jury has heard that a volatile love triangle led to the death of a 22-year-old man at the hands of two high school students.A 24-year-old Salmon Arm man is on trial in B.C. Supreme Court, charged with first-degree murder in the death of Tyler Myers in November 2008.A 25-year-old woman is also charged, but a date for her trial has not yet been set, and because both were under the age at the time of the alleged crime, neither can be publicly named. - See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.gDH7lj4X.dpuf

Now I don't know how many times these poor kids were held back a grade or two but I think the schooling system in Kamloops is not working for them.

Yeah I know the crime happened years ago, but it sure reads funny.

Edited by LJ, 07 June 2016 - 08:03 PM.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#51 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

Warning: the TC's website is serving advertisements that are malicious in nature, locking smartphones and attempting to infect them with rogue software.

This is the exact same situation that is currently affecting CHEK's website. These ads can get injected into advertising campaigns and the publisher has no idea they're affecting visitors of their site.

More on this on the CHEK page: http://vibrantvictor...ble-6/?p=322850

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#52 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

Well see, when I read my physical paper in the morning there is absolutely no chance of my phone getting infected.

I could get a paper cut however.

#53 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:12 AM

Nuttall-Korody terrorism convictions overturned

VANCOUVER - Two people found guilty of terror charges will walk free after a British Columbia Supreme Court judge ruled they were entrapped by the RCMP in a police-manufactured crime.

Justice Catherine Bruce said police instigated and skillfully engineered the very terrorist acts committed by John Nuttall and Amanda Korody, who believed they were planting pressure-cooker bombs that would blow up at the legislature on Canada Day in 2013.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.nb17tTJy.dpuf

#54 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

Is the Times-Colonist usually in the habit of posting stories from the future? Check out the date on this SIC story from TODAY's T-C

date.JPG

#55 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

That is a front-page article and it was not posted online until about 30 minutes ago.  Something funny is up.  The Islander stories are not yet up, either.

• Nparker likes this

#56 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

I don't know how their system works, but there's probably a way for them to publish articles ahead of print or publication runs.

Just like "Today's symphony splash" dated yesterday

Attached Images

• Capture.JPG

• Nparker likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#57 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

TC changed the headline from the print edition this morning but they still got it wrong...

In the print edition the headline stated "RCAF pilot facing charges...." then in the online edition they changed it to RCAF aviator .... still wrong, he is a construction tech.

http://www.timescolo...eized-1.2323613

#58 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

The TC published a headline the other day talking about our Olympic "poll vaulter".

#59 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:37 PM

The TC published a headline the other day talking about our Olympic "poll vaulter".

Ipsos Reid for the gold!
  • Mike K. and sebberry like this

#60 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:27 AM

"New Pole Vault Record-
20 million zlotys stolen from Bank of Poland..."

(Mad Magazine ca. 1961)
  • VicHockeyFan, Nparker and Bingo like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users