Photo

Happy Father's Day

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Bingo

Bingo
  • 14,195 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:45 AM

I went out to dinner with my grandson a few days ago. I hadn't seen him in almost a year, even though he lives locally.

It was a very nice evening getting caught up, and that is what I am cherishing this Father's Day.

• AllseeingEye, Jill and Hotel Mike like this

"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance" - Socrates

#22 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 2,886 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

I was allowed to sleep in, didn't have to lift a finger around the house today :), then was taken out by my ladies for late lunch/early supper to the 4 Mile Pub; we then visited my dad's grave at Royal Oak where for just a moment the sun appeared ever so briefly. I like to think that was dad saying "hi family". We're now watching some awful schlock movie our teen picked out, with the dog passed out in front of the fire and the cat perched behind my head on top of my La-Z-Boy, occasionally flicking his tail in my face. A nice quiet perfect end to the day, as it should be. Couldn't ask for anything more.....

#23 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:14 PM

Super gong show at work today, lined up out the door three times before noon and just grind grind grind, stayed full until about 4 then dinner started and I left. Sold through five pounds of hollandaise by noon.

Had my daughter washing dishes today and my son and wife working in the office, so a typical Sunday for us, but I did go for a lovely dinner with my wife in Duncan last night at Deerholme farm, and the whole family tonight on island.

I think of my dad pretty well everyday, I see him in myself in many ways.

Matt.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users