VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:42 AM

Vibrant Victoria / Citified draw for Victoria tickets:

https://www.facebook...?type=3

Yates Taphouse final concert broadcast event on August 20th:

https://www.facebook...39156869665289/

I'm sure there will be more events added.  It looks like lots of cities are going to show, or are thinking about showing the broadcast to large audiences.

New Westminster, London, Halifax, St. Catherines, Kingston, Toronto are.  The Canadian Cancer Society is looking into playing it at a few major arenas across the country, including Vancouver, but this will require the band and CBC to agree, since they will be paid (donation) entry events and some money will have to go to the operations of the arenas.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

Hamilton has announced a public event.

And Glace Bay.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:09 PM

http://theprovince.c...-with-a-sawbuck

EDITORIAL:

B.C. Place ought to open its doors on Aug. 20 to every Hip fan with a sawbuck

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

Tragically Hip: Canada Waves Goodbye to a National Treasure

In advance of their final tour, friends and peers celebrate an entire country's cult-favorite band

Rolling Stone magazine:

• Mr Cook Street likes this

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:10 PM

★  ★  More Tragically Hip tickets up for grabs, for the Victoria show.

Members of The Tragically Hip have been spotted in Victoria and additional seats for each show on the #manmachinepoemtour will be available for purchase through ticket lotteries. 

In each lottery, fifty winners will be selected and each winner will given access to purchase two tickets. 

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

Not good quality video, but if you want a feel for how the show was last night, it's mostly all here:

https://www.periscop...n/1vOxwpDabYgKB

• sebberry and todd like this

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

Dramatic drop in Tragically Hip ticket prices as tour kicks off

StubHub has released hundreds of discounted tickets ahead of the Tragically Hip’s two Vancouver shows, with prices as low as $51.

Tickets prices have dropped considerably for all of the shows with the lowest listing at $20 for the Calgary show.

http://www.ctvnews.c...s-off-1.2999900

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:46 PM

screenshot-www.stubhub.com 2016-07-24 18-45-58.jpg

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:58 PM

Wow. I paid nearly $500 on StubHub for the tickets I gave away for the contest. Their face value with fees was $150.

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

^Should have got tickets for the Calgary show, coulda thrown in airfare.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

^Should have got tickets for the Calgary show, coulda thrown in airfare.

Or Edmonton, throw in NewLeaf tix!

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:37 PM

Showing the final concert broadcast next week:

My Bar (Gorge Rd.)

Yates Taphouse

Vic Theatre

Strathcona Hotel (Games Room)

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:40 PM

The Yates Street Taphouse

… will be showing it on their big-screens, plus another 25 TVs, with big sound.  Limited table reservations are already sold out, but room has been left for walk-ups to gather at the bar. You’ll need to arrive very early.  19+  No minors.

The Strathcona Hotel

… plans to show it in their Games Room, on their massive big-screen.  But if demand dictates, they can also feature it in their Sticky Wicket Pub as well as the Clubhouse.  19+  No minors.

My Bar

… on Gorge Road will also have the show.  It’s not a large venue, so you’ll want to arrive early to get in.  19+  No minors.

The Vic Theatre

… on Douglas St. will have it.  They promise to “crank the speakers, keep the bar open, and ensure that these Canadian music legends get the sendoff they deserve!”

Ma Miller’s Pub

… in the West Shore has it.  They are also celebrating their 152nd birthday on the same day.

Frankie’s Modern Diner

… on Government Street will have it in their lounge, plus also on their big-screen for the main dining area with house sound.  Kid-friendly.  Get there early!

The Irish Times Pub

… on Government Street will have it.

Buckey's Pub on Sooke Rd. has it.

Not confirmed but we also think all Boston Pizzas and Original Joe's have it.

#14 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,879 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

Suit Pierogi bar is doing it too, and damn he makes good pierogies.

Matt.

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

Suit Pierogi bar is doing it too, and damn he makes good pierogies.

Matt.

That's right!

Sult, and also Garrick's Head too.

#16 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:25 AM

The Loft on Gorge.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#17 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:37 PM

Anyone on VV watch the concert finale? Not particularly a T-H fan myself and I had other commitments anyway, but wondering how it all came off in the end? I'm sure there was quite an outpouring of emotion given the final show was in their hometown etc. 

#18 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:22 PM

I wanted to but I ended up out for dinner instead :/

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:41 AM

He talked more than any other show.  It was great.

Some dribble about First Nations, but other than that, was good.

#20 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:37 AM

He talked more than any other show.  It was great.

It will become one of CBC's historical events. I'm not a fan but watched anyways and found his energy or lack thereof riveting

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users