#41 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:38 AM

Solution to congested Millstream Road overpass once again on Langford's radar

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#42 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

Solution to congested Millstream Road overpass once again on Langford's radar

Maybe I'm missing something, but that does not solve the problem of the westbound exit ramp congestion onto Millstream where you immediately need to merge left or stop at the lights where the traffic is backed up onto the highway.

#43 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but that does not solve the problem of the westbound exit ramp congestion onto Millstream where you immediately need to merge left or stop at the lights where the traffic is backed up onto the highway.

I have never seen that as a congestion problem, if I am understanding you correctly. You are going to Costco from Victoria, you take the exit ramp, you only get a green light when the other northbound traffic on Millstream is stopped, you make your turn and merge left. You go into one of the two left turn lanes and wait for a green light.

If that is what you are referring to I have never, ever, seen that congested so that you couldn't get in the lane. 

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#44 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

I have never seen that as a congestion problem, if I am understanding you correctly. You are going to Costco from Victoria, you take the exit ramp, you only get a green light when the other northbound traffic on Millstream is stopped, you make your turn and merge left. You go into one of the two left turn lanes and wait for a green light.

If that is what you are referring to I have never, ever, seen that congested so that you couldn't get in the lane. 

Maybe it's improved, but I quit shopping in that area.

#45 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Fun fact, I observed what you were talking about today, although minor. Just go down to HD light and turn thru there to get to Costco etc.

• Bingo likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#46 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Fun fact, I observed what you were talking about today, although minor. Just go down to HD light and turn thru there to get to Costco etc.

I shop at the Shelbourne Street Home Depot, and never go to COSTCO, the race track or Bear Hill so we're done with Millstream Road.

#47 malahatdrive

malahatdrive
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

Awesome picture of road network at Town & Country mall (now uptown) where Pat Bay Hwy and Trans Canada Hwy/Douglas Street merge (prior to Blanshard street being built.)

This in 1973

https://saanich.acce...16-038-024a.jpg

Edited by malahatdrive, 02 January 2018 - 08:11 PM.

• sebberry, qwerty, On the Level and 1 other like this

#48 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

Wow!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#49 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

Huh so you drove up Douglas to the ferries then? I never would have guessed.
  • malahatdrive likes this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#50 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:32 AM

Douglas still exists beyond Uptown. Check out Douglas at McKenzie for a good brain twist. It parallels the Pat Bay until just before Quadra.
  • Nparker, lanforod and Jackerbie like this

Know it all.

#51 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:28 PM

A headline like that is hard to say with a straight face when accompanied by that photo.

screenshot-www.vicnews.com-2018.03.02-14-25-42.png

• RFS and Cats4Hire like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#52 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

Those aren't actually the problem sections though but with design skills like that you could definitely be a consultant for MoTI.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#53 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:51 PM

Those aren't actually the problem sections though but with design skills like that you could definitely be a consultant for MoTI.

Oh, it wasn't me that did it, was an architect friend of mine. I chose the colour though.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 02 March 2018 - 02:51 PM.

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#54 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

Oh, it wasn't me that did it, was an architect friend of mine. I chose the colour though.

Definitely a solid colour.

Problem areas are going to be right by that new View Royal development (townhouses on Camden?) by Chancellor park, not to mention the bridges over Burnside, and how they're possibly going to 6 lane by the Wille dealership in Saanich without some solid appropriation.

#55 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

They actually don't need to do any of the spots you marked because the buses will always take the ramps there.

#56 malahatdrive

malahatdrive
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:34 PM

Definitely a solid colour.

Problem areas are going to be right by that new View Royal development (townhouses on Camden?) by Chancellor park, not to mention the bridges over Burnside, and how they're possibly going to 6 lane by the Wille dealership in Saanich without some solid appropriation.

The burnside bridges will have to be replaced for the extra lanes - unless they can be widened - but I doubt it

#57 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:23 AM

The TCH will be widened to four lanes north of Leigh Road.

Here's info from a release pertaining to Highway 14 and Highway 1 improvements announced today.

Significant highway improvements in Sooke and Langford on Vancouver Island will soon make the commute safer, faster and more reliable for the thousands who drive, cycle and take transit along these major corridors every day.

Premier John Horgan and Claire Trevena, Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure, announced joint federal and provincial funding for the improvements.

In Sooke, improvements will be made to the Highway 14 corridor along the southern coast of Vancouver Island. Approximately 1.5 kilometres of road will be widened and realigned with a median barrier between Glinz Lake Road and Connie Road, a new park and ride will be constructed on Gillespie Road, and wider shoulders will be built between Otter Point Road and Woodhaven Road.

In Langford, the stretch of Highway 1 between Leigh Road and Westshore Parkway will be widened from three lanes to four and a new median barrier to separate traffic will be added. A new northbound through lane will also be constructed at the Westshore Parkway intersection.

Once complete, these critical corridors will be safer and more efficient for drivers. In Sooke, commuters will also benefit from the ease and convenience of a park and ride facility that will encourage people to use public transit and help reduce harmful emissions caused by gridlock.

• tedward likes this

Know it all.

#58 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:41 AM

gotta get rid of the light at Westshore as thats the gridlock point even with 2 lanes northbound

• thundergun likes this

#59 exc911ence

exc911ence
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:17 PM

And four-lane it from Westshore Parkway to Mill Bay... 

#60 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:40 PM

Turning it into a proper divided highway, one stretch at a time.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users