The Yates on Yates
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 848-852 Yates Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 20
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Yates on Yates is one of two 20-storey residential towers on a property spanning the 700-blocks of Yates a... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Yates on Yates on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown] The Yates on Yates | Condos; commercial | 20-storeys | Built - completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
991 replies to this topic

#161 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:40 PM

Someone should invite Isitt to visit Moscow and see how real apartments are built....

https://www.google.c...LTnWQ3RpYB_uDM:

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#162 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 687 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

Someone should invite Isitt to visit Moscow and see how real apartments are built....

Each day I walk to/from Fairfield to downtown to go to work and I pass by all these 3 story apartments with large parking lots and think wow if the former counsels had not been so narrow minded in not allowing higher density would we even have a housing/rental crises now?

Ben should walk a mile in my shoes and perhaps he would see what a waste of livable space has been created because of the attitudes of no to higher density.

• Nparker, 2F2R, thundergun and 1 other like this

#163 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

The public hearing for this project will be at Thursday's Council meeting (along with a vote to issue the development permit).

#164 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

The public hearing for this project will be at Thursday's Council meeting (along with a vote to issue the development permit).

Nothing to see here folks. Make it happen. The only thing Council should insist upon is quality exterior finishes.

#165 ryno8097

ryno8097
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

Nothing to see here folks. Make it happen. The only thing Council should insist upon is quality exterior finishes.

... and maybe staggered height between the two towers - like 18 and 22, or 4 and 36 or something in between.

It will be a great addition regardless.

#166 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

"Bubbled plans" up on Victoria Development Tracker; looks like the might phase the project doing one tower first and then the second? Not sure.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#167 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

...looks like they might phase the project doing one tower first and then the second...

Yeah, that seems to be what the plans suggest.

#168 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

Interesting though as it looks like the full podium (and u/g parking) will be part of phase one.

I guess Ben Isitt can't complain about the height now seeing as phase 1 includes a two-story build on Johnson  :P

Wonder if they'll leave the Johnson podium side as a shell, or if they will complete and sell those units? Would make for an interesting living situation.

#169 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:05 PM

Seems to me it's tactic to pressure the powers that be to ensure the former Central Care gets it's act in order before Chard will proceed with a much needed rental tower. Hard to sell the rental to a REIT for top dollar if it's across from a gong show.  Not to mention this would set a precedent that developers may hold off if the downtown core is perceived as dangerous/unwelcoming which will allow the city/province to move the residents out of downtown and convert the building to high barrier housing.  In theory it's a win-win - and just in time for the new civic election.  That, or I'm hallucinating again.

#170 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

Seems to me it's tactic to pressure the powers that be to ensure the former Central Care gets it's act in order before Chard will proceed with a much needed rental tower...

Isn't that a tactic that could back-fire? Council might delay the start of this project or insist on so many conditions that financial viability becomes difficult for Chard.

#171 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Pam Madoff just finished talking, ohhh man, Loveday next...voted against it without really giving any reasons other than he wished it was a rental.....

#172 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

Lisa Helps finally the voice of reason!

#173 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

Passed 6-3.

• AllseeingEye, DavidSchell and Samuel like this

#174 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

Passed 6-3.

Against: Madoff, Isitt & Loveday - right?

• AllseeingEye likes this

#175 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

Lisa Helps finally the voice of reason!

Now there's something you don't read everyday. :P

#176 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

Are both towers approved, or just the one?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#177 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,586 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:03 PM

Against: Madoff, Isitt & Loveday - right?

Bank on it; side note - does Jeremy also wait for Ben to give him the green light for him to excuse himself to go to the City Hall men's room? Seriously - I'm too lazy to look it up - but has there been a vote yet, even a single one, where Loveday has_not supported Isitt? I presume after all he has a mind of his own and can actually & act think independently of his ideological mentor....

• Nparker likes this

#178 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:34 PM

Bank on it; side note - does Jeremy also wait for Ben to give him the green light for him to excuse himself to go to the City Hall men's room? Seriously - I'm too lazy to look it up - but has there been a vote yet, even a single one, where Loveday has_not supported Isitt? I presume after all he has a mind of his own and can actually & act think independently of his ideological mentor....

Its not the 'Mens' room! Its LGBTTQQFAGPBDSMNC2SAP....jeez 

• Nparker and AllseeingEye like this

#179 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Reminds me of former Green Party city counsellor Sonya Chandler. Voted with Madoff and opposed every 'tall' building, including the 14 storey Juliet, ironic for a Green. Actually, and anecdotal only, so feel free to dismiss this... most Greens I know personally live in big houses in the suburbs with large gardens and actually have a far bigger negative impact on the environment than your condo dweller. But I digress...
  • Nparker and DavidSchell like this

#180 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:18 AM

Its not the 'Mens' room! Its LGBTTQQFAGPBDSMNC2SAP....jeez

Really?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users